Obama - "R's must sit in the back"

No, I disagree on Gitmo and thinking Afghanistan is a waste of money. If anything is a waste of money it is not prosecuting the war like he should.

The only problem both Bush and Obama have is trying to fight wars with political correctness.

If we had fought both Iraq and Aghanistan like we did in WWII, not only would these wars be long over, we have more Time life pictures in Time Square of sailors kissing nurses.

PC tactics is what is killing our soldiers and not enough terrorists.

Afghanistan and WW2 are fundamentally different. I have no idea what "fighting wars with political correctness" even means. If you're alluding to Hiroshima and Nagasaki, we can't nuke Kabul in the hopes that the Taliban will then sign a formal treaty with us and al-Qaeda will just go away like the kamikaze pilots. It doesn't work like that.

I thought Tea Party people were against the nation-building ideals of neo-conservatism?

Then you thought wrong. I am NOT Ron Paul or Pat Buchanan.

And it's not nation building we are dealing with here, we are fighting terrorism.

What part of 9/11 did you miss?

And I am not talking about nukes either, unless Iran gets the bomb.

But in WWII, we would have not allowed the enemy to hide in churches and mosques and hide behind civilians. We would have routed them out. If civilians got killed, that was the unfortunate tides of war. It's what makes war something to avoid unless necessary.

Just as Pearl Habor made it necessary so did 9/11.

The only reason we were only involved in WWII for three years, while we have been involved in the War on Terror for nine is the PC tactics being forced on the military. The enemy is allowed to hide, regroup and fight again. In WWII, they would have not been allowed such tactics. We would have wiped them out.

It is my contention more civilians get killed by drawing out the war, than would be killed by an all out offensive that would wipe out the enemy once and for all.

Just as in Vietnam, there are too many politicians fighting the war, and not enough generals. As in WWII, the politicians need to butt out and let the generals fight it.

And if we had listened to Patton, we would not have had the Cold War and Eastern Europe would not have had to live 40+ years with death, starvation, torture and oppression. Damn FDR and his Yalta agreement.

;)

Okay, I was just going by your user name, assuming someone in the tea party would be a Ron Paul supporter.

We are nation building. It's been packaged and sold as part of the "War On Terror", that we need to transform this backwards third-world country so it's not a breeding ground for the Islamic radicalism that led to 9/11. But if we somehow turn Afghanistan into a glittering first-world country, the psychos and their ilk will just infest some other area of a different shithole country. They're like a virus, moving from one host to the next.

al-Qaeda and the Taliban, like the VietCong, use hide-and-go-seek guerrilla tactics... something the German army didn't really do. We're not fighting a standing army in a uniform; we're fighting against religiously-fanatic civilians with guns. If we recklessly shoot and kill ANY civilians who just happen to be in the way, that would work counter to the whole "winning hearts and minds" goal which is fundamental to nation building, and would further minimize any possibility of success.

Ultimately, al-Qaeda is an "idea", and ideas can't be beaten on a battlefield.

That's about all I have to say about this, and I'm sure it's all been said before.

Obama assails GOP on clouded final campaign push - Yahoo! News

He said Republicans had driven the economy into a ditch and then stood by and criticized while Democrats pulled it out. Now that progress has been made, he said, "we can't have special interests sitting shotgun. We gotta have middle class families up in front. We don't mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back."

Discuss this bull shit comment....

You're being petty, Jeremy. He isn't racist.

Obama assails GOP on clouded final campaign push - Yahoo! News

He said Republicans had driven the economy into a ditch and then stood by and criticized while Democrats pulled it out. Now that progress has been made, he said, "we can't have special interests sitting shotgun. We gotta have middle class families up in front. We don't mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back."

Discuss this bull shit comment....

You're being petty, Jeremy. He isn't racist.

Where in the OP am I implying racism?

That's how I read it too. It's like a Presidential way to tell the opposing party to fuck off. Not that uncommon at a political rally. And I'm actually hopeful he may be dropping the bi-partisan charade he's been parading for the past two years. This could be the growing of a spine, which is something the Democrat triumvirate has sorely needed.

IF the Republicans do manage to win both houses, I think Obama should do exactly what Bush did. Let bills pass, and either do a signing statement (which in effect puts a bill on hold), or just veto whatever the Republicans want to enact. And as he does so, he could use the statement "I can just say no, too."

uh, I don't know about that... Bush II isn't much of a President to imitate. Part of what I mean by growing a spine is, stop the blaming and rear-view-mirror rhetoric. I think the American public knows the Republicans fucked up... that's what explains the 2006 and 2008 elections. He doesn't need to remind us and keep trying to make excuses for the admin's and congress' short comings. Growing a spine also means to take responsibility for continuing in it even if you "didn't start it", and putting your neck on the block by making tough calls that could backfire or be unpopular--like DADT, Gitmo, and realizing the Afghanistan is a waste of money and lives.

There continue to be great masses who don't "get it" that the economic stability of this country was on the edge of an abyss when Obama took over. They still believe it was the 2007-2009 Congress who made a mess of it, and Obama just took it even further. Some of the events that occurred during the Bush administration had to be continued. There's absolutely no doubt about that. But Obama HAS tried to scale down the two wars. We couldn't just say sayonara on January 21, 2009. But that's what some on the far left thought should happen, along with all the other campaign promises. Immediate results. And they're as dumb as the far right in that regard with their ridiculous incessant demands for instant solutions. But as to the economy, there is no way in hell it can be explained EXCEPT by bringing the BA into the debate. And as long as there continue to be those who don't get it, either by pure ignorance or a faux loyalty to everything that went wrong from 2001 onward, need to be reminded as many times as necessary.

Only if that's what you want to see....

I'm hoping what he said is exactly what he meant. It's high time even he started beating back the obvious racism that has emerged since his election. It's often subtle, but it's there, and for the folks who regularly post on this board to deny that is bullshit.

Yes it has to be racism, Maggie, because it sure in the hell couldn't be his fucking policies, could it? :eusa_whistle:

There are some (a precious few) who seriously CAN argue policies, but there are still way too many who are just ignorant assholes. You know it and everyone else does too.

IF the Republicans do manage to win both houses, I think Obama should do exactly what Bush did. Let bills pass, and either do a signing statement (which in effect puts a bill on hold), or just veto whatever the Republicans want to enact. And as he does so, he could use the statement "I can just say no, too."

uh, I don't know about that... Bush II isn't much of a President to imitate. Part of what I mean by growing a spine is, stop the blaming and rear-view-mirror rhetoric. I think the American public knows the Republicans fucked up... that's what explains the 2006 and 2008 elections. He doesn't need to remind us and keep trying to make excuses for the admin's and congress' short comings. Growing a spine also means to take responsibility for continuing in it even if you "didn't start it", and putting your neck on the block by making tough calls that could backfire or be unpopular--like DADT, Gitmo, and realizing the Afghanistan is a waste of money and lives.

There continue to be great masses who don't "get it" that the economic stability of this country was on the edge of an abyss when Obama took over. They still believe it was the 2007-2009 Congress who made a mess of it, and Obama just took it even further. Some of the events that occurred during the Bush administration had to be continued. There's absolutely no doubt about that. But Obama HAS tried to scale down the two wars. We couldn't just say sayonara on January 21, 2009. But that's what some on the far left thought should happen, along with all the other campaign promises. Immediate results. And they're as dumb as the far right in that regard with their ridiculous incessant demands for instant solutions. But as to the economy, there is no way in hell it can be explained EXCEPT by bringing the BA into the debate. And as long as there continue to be those who don't get it, either by pure ignorance or a faux loyalty to everything that went wrong from 2001 onward, need to be reminded as many times as necessary.

Right, the seeds of this economic collapse were sown thirty-something years ago; it's was a bi-partisan thing. I'm not saying today's issues just came about on January '09, or that all his points about Republicans are inherently unjustified. I am talking specifically about the poor political strategy of constantly pointing this out.

I disagree that he needs to remind/tell people about the Republicans driving "the car" into the ditch, especially at a political rally for a Democrat candidate. It just gives a sound-bite for his political opponents to add to their collection and further paint him as a "complainer in chief" or whatever. Moderates are the king makers in elections, and I think most moderates "get it". They voted the Republicans out for a reason, and they're why almost no Republican was going to win as President in '08.

They are why no Republican right now, other than maybe Mitt, will have a chance in 2012.

He won't run, but I agree if he did then my comment above needs to be expanded.

Yes he did say it!

Obama assails GOP on clouded final campaign push

That's pretty funny coming from the party THAT PASSED JIM CROW LAWS to lecture the party that passed the Civil Rights Act in the Senate, was for Civil Rights AND abolition!

But now Obama says Republicans have to sit in the back of the bus?

Is Obama letting it slip what he wants for the country?

That we all need to be "punished" for the sins of the past whether we had ANYTHING at all to do with them or not?

You know most of the country didn't even have such laws, Obama. It was Democrats in the South that pushed them.

How about making them sit in the back of the bus, if there are any of them left alive.

That was an extremely telling statement.

So much for the post racial president!

Rush said that "post racial president" stuff was phony. Looks like he's proved right again!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

merged

A perfect example of the dishonest nature of CON$ervatism, There was NO mention of a BUS at all, in fact a BUS does not have a SHOTGUN SEAT, but that will NEVER stop CON$ from LYING!!!!!

LYING is the Holy Eucharist of the HATE religion of CON$ervatism.

I would simply ask the President how he would feel if he were told to sit in the back of the bus. Then get back to us.

What's with all these dopey slogans? Is he gonna start Rappin and Rhyming like Nipsey Russell or will Smith?...I kinda want my President to act well like the President of The United States.

There was no reference to a bus at all. This is what I mean about a lack of common sense and character. Avatar4321, you are demonstrating a lack of both. Obama was referring to the economic auto the GOP drove into the ditch. And you know it.

It boils down to this... "OBAMA IS A RACIST." Pure and simple, no denying it. His justice department is racist, his preacher is racist, his black followers are racist... HE is a racist.

Next subject...

What the Pale Rider has stated are INCONTROVERTIBLE FACTS.

Racist Justice Dept: Is Erik Holder's handling of the DOJ RACIST ? Damn Right: Handling of the Black Panthers, etc.

MARXIST Obambo's preacher racist: Obambo's TWENTY YEAR TENURE in Black Racist Whackjob Wright's CATHEDRAL OF HATE. Damn Right Obambo's preacher (Obambo re Wright: "my pastor, friend and mentor") is a racist.

Marxist Obambo's black followers are racist: 95% + of an ethnic group howled vociferously by the LIEBERRHOIDS THEMSELVES in a supposedly "DIVERSE, MULTICULTURAL" America VOTING MONOLITHICALLY ONE WAY ?!?!? Damn Right Obambo's Black fiollowers are RACIST !!!

Conclusion: THE EXPOSED MONUMENTAL FRAUD, MARXIST OBAMBO is a RACIST !!!!

How the fuck can ANYONE deny The Pale Rider's FACTS ????

Forum List

Back