Obama...Ripping America Apart

Obama is more of a centrist than most think. His biggest problem is he doesn't know how to work with people. His inflated ego will not allow him to believe anyone else might have a good idea. He will never be able to reach across the isle when he calls Republicans his enemy.

Romney is and always has been a moderate. However, he's spent many years negotiating deals and making compromises. He's a business man that realizes it's not always about you, sometimes you have to give a little to get a lot.

As long as Pelosi and Reid have any amount of power, we'll never move beyond where we are now.
:eusa_eh:..Obama a centrist???...but I agree with the rest of your comments..:thup:

LOL!! Yes he's a centrist, he doesn't really like people challenging him. He'd rather play in the middle than have any opposition. He's a centrist because of his need to feel Godly, not because he likes it.
The promblem with president is he not been willing to do hard graft in congress of trying to work with other side.

that said they not just very hard either to work with him and even one of them said they wanted to make obama a one term president after less then two years.

but look whoever in charge is going to find it difficult with a congress so divided.

Never could, never was going to and never will. Moot question.

And America is doing a great job of ripping itself a part all on it's own. If you think McCain winning 4 years ago or Romney winning in a month would've or will bring this country together, I pity your delusions.
You don't say!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niVXialTluQ]Obama promises bipartisanship with new Congress - YouTube[/ame]

It's kinda hard to bring compromise when the other party's goal is to make you a one-term president. And they did the best they could to meet their objective.
And not to let the Dems off the hook, I expect the same un-American and anti-"We the People" crap if Romney is elected prez.
I really wish people would wise up and throw all the bums out and I'm being inclusive with both parties.

one term.. this is a big surprise to You..?

It would be great if the Representatives & Senators in Congress (Democrats & Republicans) were free to vote their conscience again....how that's accomplished, I have no idea just now..:dunno:

In the history of the US of A, there has many years of polarization, until a we are attacked and go to war to assert our frustrations upon our enemy. Don't forget that even after the USof A was established after the Revolutionary War, there was much olarization. Just think of all the polarization before during and after the Civil War, when our frustrations were taken out on the defeated Confederacy.
But i don,t think america congress need to go to war to come together. they can come together in congress without need for that. They could try working together for once.

:eusa_eh:..Obama a centrist???...but I agree with the rest of your comments..:thup:

LOL!! Yes he's a centrist, he doesn't really like people challenging him. He'd rather play in the middle than have any opposition. He's a centrist because of his need to feel Godly, not because he likes it.

More presidents are elected because of their centrists stance. It is what the American voter likes.
undecided want people who not too idelogical. why often they are center right or center left.

When they do their butt kicks but i doubt they listen to anyone sadly.

i think romney will try like all presidents if he get thing to make it work but i just can,t see in this parisan times congress coming together. they been at war with each other for too long to change now.

I'm a conservative and Romney is to close to the middle ground for me.

I'm thinking that he'll do plenty to piss me off by negotiating policy with Democrats but for me Obama is far to much of a lefty and far to divisive for me to ever accept as qualified anymore.

Obama is more of a centrist than most think. His biggest problem is he doesn't know how to work with people. His inflated ego will not allow him to believe anyone else might have a good idea. He will never be able to reach across the isle when he calls Republicans his enemy.

Romney is and always has been a moderate. However, he's spent many years negotiating deals and making compromises. He's a business man that realizes it's not always about you, sometimes you have to give a little to get a lot.

As long as Pelosi and Reid have any amount of power, we'll never move beyond where we are now.

Is that why as govenor, he made 800 line item vetoes?

Romney also vetoed a minimum wage increase, and a bill that legalized over-the-counter sales of hypodermic needles. The Legislature overrode both vetoes.

It's worth noting the General Court, Massachusetts' legislative body, was overwhelmingly Democratic while Romney was governor. Even now, the House consists of 141 Democrats and only 19 Republicans, while the Senate has 34 Democrats, five Republicans and one vacant seat. But in some cases even the Republicans went against Romney. His minimum wage veto was overridden unanimously, for example. In that instance the House voted against him 152 to 0, and minutes later the Senate voted 38 to 0.

FactCheck.org: Don't Veto the Truth

I'm a conservative and Romney is to close to the middle ground for me.

I'm thinking that he'll do plenty to piss me off by negotiating policy with Democrats but for me Obama is far to much of a lefty and far to divisive for me to ever accept as qualified anymore.

Romney also vetoed a minimum wage increase, and a bill that legalized over-the-counter sales of hypodermic needles. The Legislature overrode both vetoes.

It's worth noting the General Court, Massachusetts' legislative body, was overwhelmingly Democratic while Romney was governor. Even now, the House consists of 141 Democrats and only 19 Republicans, while the Senate has 34 Democrats, five Republicans and one vacant seat. But in some cases even the Republicans went against Romney. His minimum wage veto was overridden unanimously, for example. In that instance the House voted against him 152 to 0, and minutes later the Senate voted 38 to 0.

Well that not good to hear. but he won,t veto everything surley if he president. doubt congress would work with him from dems side if he did that always.

More presidents are elected because of their centrists stance. It is what the American voter likes.
undecided want people who not too idelogical. why often they are center right or center left.

wife votes democrat only, I do not. I even have to inform her of what ballots to vote yes or no on according to her values, and she is very, very leftist liberal. i am more moderate and vote for the candidate i think is best, but at times when i see all bad candidates i will just vote against the incumbant to exercise my ability to have term limitations for career politicans.

Well that not good to hear. but he won,t veto everything surley if he president. doubt congress would work with him from dems side if he did that always.

The prsident does not have the line item vetoe power which is a disadvantage for federal legislation, and burdens the sytem to a snails pace.

"Can Obama bring the country together in any common cause?"

No, that isn't his goal. His goal is to divide and conquer.

The prsident does not have the line item vetoe power which is a disadvantage for federal legislation, and burdens the sytem to a snails pace.
but it would not be right to veto all the time either. I think though it does mean more of a snail pace. this could be avoided by congress working together more.

Can Obama bring the country together in any common cause?

my opinion... not a chance

--------------:eusa_hand:

Americans' Views of Obama More Polarized as Election Nears
Ninety percent of Democrats, 8% of Republicans approve of him
by Jeffrey M. Jones

PRINCETON, NJ -- Thus far in October, an average of 90% of Democrats, and 8% of Republicans, approve of the job Barack Obama is doing as president. That 82-percentage-point gap in approval ratings by party is on pace to be the largest Gallup has measured for a recent incumbent president in the final month before Americans vote on his re-election. George W. Bush had an 80-point party gap in approval, while the October gaps for other presidents were less than 70 points.

Mon Dieu!

Is there anyone here (anyone at all) who seriously believes for one minute that
conservatives ever had any intention whatsoever of doing anything other than obstructing virtually everything that President Obama and the Democrats proposed?

"Is there anyone here (anyone at all) who seriously believes for one minute that, Democrats/Obama were willing to negotiate in good faith..?

Last edited:

I think that really unfair. i don,t think he tries to divide. i think he wants fairness for all. but your right in once sense he not worked hard enough to work with conservatives. but that because he not that good charming people. Bill clinton had that ablity but obama does not. conservatives though not really tried to work with him.

same promblem in bush years. bush hardly either went out his way to work with dems. dems were not that good though at trying to work with him

In the history of the US of A, there has many years of polarization, until a we are attacked and go to war to assert our frustrations upon our enemy. Don't forget that even after the USof A was established after the Revolutionary War, there was much olarization. Just think of all the polarization before during and after the Civil War, when our frustrations were taken out on the defeated Confederacy.
But i don,t think america congress need to go to war to come together. they can come together in congress without need for that. They could try working together for once.

Yes it would be nice if we had a Congress like FDR had, when legislation sailed through Congress, but the rules for Congress has changed to where the bill can be held up forever and not the old style where you had to have a speaker on the floor that refused to leave.
Also not that may bills have to have a 2/3rds majority, and that is where the repubs and during Boosh, the dems did. I do not agree with what they are doing. They act more like spoiled brats than men and women acting professionaly and coming to a consensus.

I think that really unfair. i don,t think he tries to divide. i think he wants fairness for all. but your right in once sense he not worked hard enough to work with conservatives. but that because he not that good charming people. Bill clinton had that ablity but obama does not. conservatives though not really tried to work with him.

same promblem in bush years. bush hardly either went out his way to work with dems. dems were not that good though at trying to work with him

Yes, that is a weakness of Oblama's. Fortunately Biden is excellent in dealing with Congress and the repubs.

Never could, never was going to and never will. Moot question.

And America is doing a great job of ripping itself a part all on it's own. If you think McCain winning 4 years ago or Romney winning in a month would've or will bring this country together, I pity your delusions.
You don't say!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niVXialTluQ"]Obama promises bipartisanship with new Congress - YouTube[/ame]

It's kinda hard to bring compromise when the other party's goal is to make you a one-term president. And they did the best they could to meet their objective.
And not to let the Dems off the hook, I expect the same un-American and anti-"We the People" crap if Romney is elected prez.
I really wish people would wise up and throw all the bums out and I'm being inclusive with both parties.
Hmmm. Was that before or after he grew the deficit by overspending after promising this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyrlMr0Bedo]Obama PROMISES To Cut Deficit In Half By 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

The national debt is now not a coupla trillion, it's $16,169,747,000,000 at the real-time site of the National Debt Clock.

by Jeffrey M. Jones

PRINCETON, NJ -- Thus far in October, an average of 90% of Democrats, and 8% of Republicans, approve of the job Barack Obama is doing as president. That 82-percentage-point gap in approval ratings by party is on pace to be the largest Gallup has measured for a recent incumbent president in the final month before Americans vote on his re-election. George W. Bush had an 80-point party gap in approval, while the October gaps for other presidents were less than 70 points.

Mon Dieu!

conservatives ever had any intention whatsoever of doing anything other than obstructing virtually everything that President Obama and the Democrats proposed?

"Is there anyone here (anyone at all) who seriously believes for one minute that, Democrats/Obama were willing to negotiate in good faith..?

Being that Oblama is the first afro-american president he is not perfect in the sense of the arm chair politican, also remember that the idealology of many members in Congress seem to be extreme and the people uncompromisable.

Yes it would be nice if we had a Congress like FDR had, when legislation sailed through Congress, but the rules for Congress has changed to where the bill can be held up forever and not the old style where you had to have a speaker on the floor that refused to leave.
Also not that may bills have to have a 2/3rds majority, and that is where the repubs and during Boosh, the dems did. I do not agree with what they are doing. They act more like spoiled brats than men and women acting professionaly and coming to a consensus.
so so true. The days of fdr when congress was a place full of growns up is long gone. Too many hold up bills now for political purposes and grandstanding from both sides.

i think reason that if men in congress could experience the horrors that many of people of fdr time went through then they would see how shameful they really are.

Mon Dieu!

Being that Oblama is the first afro-american president he is not perfect in the sense of the arm chair politican, also remember that the idealology of many members in Congress seem to be extreme and the people uncompromisable.
I agree . they were not very willing to work with him from early on. I have to say though that obama did not have personal skills to reach out to moderate conservatives in congress and i think did not work hard enough to get to know them well enough.

during debt celling crisis he left too often up to other people to negoate in congress without doing the hard yards.

Hmmm. Was that before or after he grew the deficit by overspending after promising this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyrlMr0Bedo]Obama PROMISES To Cut Deficit In Half By 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

The national debt is now not a coupla trillion, it's $16,169,747,000,000 at the real-time site of the National Debt Clock.
well it true he not tackled it but then hardly helped when congress never tried to work with him to cut it down.

but no doubt not done enough to cut debt.

by Jeffrey M. Jones

Mon Dieu!

lets just admit both sides probally wanted to work together but would to idelogical in the way they approched talks and that made it hard for anything to happen. neither bothenir or obama were willing to give ground and that never helps things.

Forum List

Back