Obama Revisited: The Surge Will Fail

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
As President Obama, scrambling to find something positive to speak of given the shambles of the American economy, will tonight speak to the American people about how the combat mission in Iraq is now coming to a conclusion.

What then of the same Obama who just a few years ago said this????? :eusa_whistle:
____

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_igpyewuzQ]YouTube - Obama Said The Surge Would Actually Worsen Sectarian Violenc[/ame]

Can you BELIEVE this man is now the COMMANDER of Chief of our Troops.

And now taking CREDIT for DOING ABSOLUTLY..........NOTHING.

Friggen sick

Of course it will fail.

That is until it didn't fail and now Barry Boy can take all the creidt for the failure. LOL

Friggen sick
___

It is stunning. Almost incomprehensibly so...

Friggen sick

Hey Fucktard, do a little research before you speak. Here is something one of your loon friends posted.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/131012-obama-to-thank-bush-tonight-in-speech.html#post2679596

Today we are removing all combat troops from Iraq. This was a war I opposed initially, as I opposed the surge that brought us to this point. But the true measure of a leader is admission that he is not infallible. I was wrong to oppose the surge, which has brought us peace with honor, removed a dangerous tyrant from the world stage, and liberated millions of Iraqis. All of this could not have been done without our brave troops on the ground, our military commanders overseeing it, and the wise policy decisions of my predecessor, President Bush."

From Rabbi's post.
Sinatra and Stephanie obviously need to think before they speak.

Friggen sick

Hey Fucktard, do a little research before you speak. Here is something one of your loon friends posted.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/131012-obama-to-thank-bush-tonight-in-speech.html#post2679596

Today we are removing all combat troops from Iraq. This was a war I opposed initially, as I opposed the surge that brought us to this point. But the true measure of a leader is admission that he is not infallible. I was wrong to oppose the surge, which has brought us peace with honor, removed a dangerous tyrant from the world stage, and liberated millions of Iraqis. All of this could not have been done without our brave troops on the ground, our military commanders overseeing it, and the wise policy decisions of my predecessor, President Bush."

From Rabbi's post.

GO DIDDLE YOURSELF. then maybe you'll be a nicer person. doubt it, but it's worth a try.:lol:

Last edited:

Friggen sick

From Rabbi's post.

GO DIDDLE YOURSELF. then maybe you'll be a nicer person. doubt it, but it's worth a try.:lol:
Why would I ever be nice to you Stephanie? You treat people the way you want to be treated. You are a stupid bitch, therefore I treat you like a stupid bitch. Do we need to revisit the abortion thread?

From Rabbi's post.

Why would I ever be nice to you Stephanie? You treat people the way you want to be treated. You are a stupid bitch, therefore I treat you like a stupid bitch. Do we need to revisit the abortion thread?

LOL, and I treat you like the nobody you are.
you are a true yawner my dear. but don't let that stop ya from showing yourself to be the bitch you are.:lol:
oh I see, you still have a hardon over the ABORTION THREAD. good gawd girl. get over yourself already;
now you are dismissed. :eusa_hand:

Last edited:
As President Obama, scrambling to find something positive to speak of given the shambles of the American economy, will tonight speak to the American people about how the combat mission in Iraq is now coming to a conclusion.

What then of the same Obama who just a few years ago said this????? :eusa_whistle:
____

YouTube - Obama Said The Surge Would Actually Worsen Sectarian Violenc

That is less important than what Obama said in 2002, which was that we should not start a war with Iraq in the first place.

After a trillion dollars and 4000+ American lives flushed down the toilet,

we know he was right.

Friggen sick

From Rabbi's post.

of course, we're not actually removing all combat troops, just rebranding combat brigades as *advisory* brigades- but, hey, at lest he's trying :rofl:

i bet some people even believe him

Combat brigades in Iraq under different name - Army News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Army Times

and the surge was only marginally successful at best. Sure... it stopped sectarian violence, but the Anbar awakening had a big part to play in that as well... and the MAIN purpose of the surge was not just to stop violence for stopping violence's sake, but to stop the violence so that the sunnis, shiites and kurds could resolve the differences that had them at one another's throats. THAT NEVER happened... and as we pull our combat forces out of Iraq, we see the sectarian violence begin to ramp up again, and we see the inevitable expansion of Iran's influence over the shiite majority in Iraq.

Obama was absolutely right in 2002 when he suggested that we avoid a war in Iraq to begin with. We would be MUCH better off today if we had concentrated on the guys who attacked us and not worried so much about Saddam....he was a paper tiger and we have wasted more blood and treasure than any of us can even measure on this stupid stupid war. Next summer and our complete departure cannot come soon enough for me.

and the surge was only marginally successful at best. Sure... it stopped sectarian violence, but the Anbar awakening had a big part to play in that as well... and the MAIN purpose of the surge was not just to stop violence for stopping violence's sake, but to stop the violence so that the sunnis, shiites and kurds could resolve the differences that had them at one another's throats. THAT NEVER happened... and as we pull our combat forces out of Iraq, we see the sectarian violence begin to ramp up again, and we see the inevitable expansion of Iran's influence over the shiite majority in Iraq.

Obama was absolutely right in 2002 when he suggested that we avoid a war in Iraq to begin with. We would be MUCH better off today if we had concentrated on the guys who attacked us and not worried so much about Saddam....he was a paper tiger and we have wasted more blood and treasure than any of us can even measure on this stupid stupid war. Next summer and our complete departure cannot come soon enough for me.

Hey Main, you still up in the Great White North? You better get movin!!

Anyway, I think hindsight is 20/20 in the case of attacking Iraq: really, how could you positively confirm WMD in the hands of a kook until you look for them yourself?

However, there certainly wasn't any reason to stay any longer than it took to confirm this.

Yes, yes, yes....no doubt Iran would have tried to absorb shiite-Iraq, and the Saudi's would need to watch their backs, and some poor country might decide to absorb Kurds (yuck) and Iraqi-sunnis that didn't flee to London....but who CARES???

LOL, and I treat you like the nobody you are.
:lol: At least you admit you act like a bitch. So like I said, I am only showing the same respect, you show me. You were saying?

Anyway, I think hindsight is 20/20 in the case of attacking Iraq: really, how could you positively confirm WMD in the hands of a kook until you look for them yourself?

However, there certainly wasn't any reason to stay any longer than it took to confirm this.

Yes, yes, yes....no doubt Iran would have tried to absorb shiite-Iraq, and the Saudi's would need to watch their backs, and some poor country might decide to absorb Kurds (yuck) and Iraqi-sunnis that didn't flee to London....but who CARES???

one of dubya's rare foreign affairs victories was getting Saddam to allow weapons inspectors back IN to Iraq in the months before our invasion. If dubya had just been a bit more patient, he would have found out that he didn't need to invade Iraq to disarm Saddam... AND... the whole premise for why Saddam's supposed stockpiles of WMDs were SOOOOO critically important was the BULLSHIT lie that a secular pan-arab ba'athist would EVER be stupid enough to give ANY weapons to radical wahhabists whose primary mission was the dissolution of his very nation state... it is a testament to just how fucking stupid and gullible Americans are that the majority of us bought into that ridiculous notion to begin with.

Saddam did three things a whole hell of a lot better than we do them:

1. he acted as a very effective foil to Iranian regional hegemony.
2. he kept radical islamists from gaining any significant foothold in his country
3. he kept sunnis and shiites from slaughtering one another.

We would be better off today if we had let him continue to do those things and spent our blood and treasure annihilating Al Qaeda.

p.s... and the house is going on the market (tentatively) next spring and we're Merida bound as soon as it sells.

one of dubya's rare foreign affairs victories was getting Saddam to allow weapons inspectors back IN to Iraq in the months before our invasion. If dubya had just been a bit more patient, he would have found out that he didn't need to invade Iraq to disarm Saddam... AND... the whole premise for why Saddam's supposed stockpiles of WMDs were SOOOOO critically important was the BULLSHIT lie that a secular pan-arab ba'athist would EVER be stupid enough to give ANY weapons to radical wahhabists whose primary mission was the dissolution of his very nation state... it is a testament to just how fucking stupid and gullible Americans are that the majority of us bought into that ridiculous notion to begin with.

Saddam did three things a whole hell of a lot better than we do them:

1. he acted as a very effective foil to Iranian regional hegemony.
2. he kept radical islamists from gaining any significant foothold in his country
3. he kept sunnis and shiites from slaughtering one another.

We would be better off today if we had let him continue to do those things and spent our blood and treasure annihilating Al Qaeda.

p.s... and the house is going on the market (tentatively) next spring and we're Merida bound as soon as it sells.

do you have pictures of your hero saddam in your house?

He was wrong. It happens to us all occasionally. I see no reason to have a hissy fit over it.

He was wrong on Iraq, he was wrong on the stimulus, he was wrong on unemployment, and he is wrong on health care "reform". I don't see too much he's right about unless he resigns.

The others are open to interpretation.... some think he was right on stuff that I think he's wrong about.

I'm trying to be factually accurate. he was wrong about the surge. I don't see it as a reason to berate him.

Forum List

Back