Obama: Qualifications to be President

why bother? he won the election.

i didn't vote for him, but i see no point in this endless round of threads as to why he's unfit/unqualified to be president. it reminds me of those who still whine about "stolen" elections 8 years ago.

as someone else pointed out, the only qualifications are outlined in the constitution. he meets those. i personally don't think he'll do that great a job due to a lack of experience. i hope for all our sakes that i'm wrong.

happy now?

That's fine... I'm just trying to find out why people think he will fix the economy... Just looking for some "hope" I guess.

By the way, this topic must not have been that pointless if you felt that you had to comment...

That's fine... I'm just trying to find out why people think he will fix the economy... Just looking for some "hope" I guess.

By the way, this topic must not have been that pointless if you felt that you had to comment...

look around you. i comment on pointless topics all the time. :lol:
nothing wrong with looking for hope, either. we could all use some.

In one of your earlier posts, I believe you meant "infatuation."

Infatuation is the state of being completely carried away by unreasoned passion or love; addictive love.

I am not infatuated by Obama. I am impressed with what he has said and done so far. As to fixing the economy, his approach is different than what we have been doing for the last 8 years that broke it.

The word "infatuation" rings too much to me of the messiah crap that some on the right keep blaming on the left while the right is the ones saying it.

The whole trickle down theory with tax breaks for the rich is total bullshit. It's a throw back to the days of the aristocracy. If they are well off, so will US peasants. Crap on that.

If Obama can get the middle class back to work and buying things, we will see an improvement in the economy. It's bubble up not trickle down that makes this country work.

As to generic points, what specifically do you expect? The answers given are characteristics of a good leader. He has them. If he can put them into practice, he can succeed.

No offense but if I were looking for Obama supporters who can give me a good reason for why they think he's qualified this site wouldn't exactly be first on my list.

There's got to be forums about the man or probably a website someone's built.

For Obama supporters only please:

I would like to use this thread to list all of the qualifications Obama has to be a good President.

Thanks.

He was a failed wildcatter and made his jack because the government built him a ball stadium, of which the team gave him a stake solely because of his name. Speaking of last name, his father used to be President. Oh, and also on the last name, he did almost nothing until he was 40, then became governor of a Southern state with qualifications that would have disqualified virtually everyone else, except for that last name.

Oh wait, wrong President.

Hmm, but maybe that's your point...

What makes him different from another couple of million who are equal to him in these areas?

He wanted it, he ran for it, he won it.

There are a lot of folks who could be a good president, but dont want to or don't have the all compelling drive that is needed to get this far in American politics. What made any of the previous presidents get into office? You have to want to be there and be willing to give most of your life to this pursuit.

Allie, it takes one to know one?:lol:

Yes, I am easy on the eyes.

honestly, could ANYONE say something that would actually convince you KMAN? I doubt it.

You're looking for the Obama supporters to give you reason so you can discredit them as inconsquential or irrelevant to the task at hand.

The last guy we had as President seemed more qualified "on paper" because he had been the govenor of a big state but look what he did to our economy so excuse me if Obama's "inexperience" doesn't worry me. In fact his inexperience gives me hope that he'll approach the problems we face with fresh ideas and new direction because he's not stuck in the past and isn't inclined to act in a certain way.

He won the election. His supporters don't need to tell you what will make him a good president. He'll either be a good president or he won't. Only time will tell but so far he's off to a good start.

look around you. i comment on pointless topics all the time. :lol:
nothing wrong with looking for hope, either. we could all use some.

I already have hope. I don't need a shyster to instill it in me, or tell me what to think.

Funny that! Palin's "inexperience" had everybody in a twist! :cuckoo:

that's because the PEOPLE didn't get to pick her Willow. If she had run a campaign and received the electoral votes to be nominated, been vetted by almost 2 years of non-stop media coverage I don't think anyone would've been able to say anything about her inexperience. She was a last ditch effort by McCain to upset the apple cart and it didn't work. He ended up looking like a fool for picking someone whom he clearly knew nothing about either professionally or personally but ultimately it didn't matter. No one was going to beat Obama in that election.

BHO's first call from the Oval Office.....

January 21, 2009
President Obama's first call 'was to President Abbas', (Abbas' chosen as the President of the "State of Palestine" by the Palestine Liberation Organization)
-------

I can hear it now, "Hello President Abbas...I am in place and await instructions"....lol

In one of your earlier posts, I believe you meant "infatuation."

I am not infatuated by Obama. I am impressed with what he has said and done so far. As to fixing the economy, his approach is different than what we have been doing for the last 8 years that broke it.

The word "infatuation" rings too much to me of the messiah crap that some on the right keep blaming on the left while the right is the ones saying it.

The whole trickle down theory with tax breaks for the rich is total bullshit. It's a throw back to the days of the aristocracy. If they are well off, so will US peasants. Crap on that.

If Obama can get the middle class back to work and buying things, we will see an improvement in the economy. It's bubble up not trickle down that makes this country work.

As to generic points, what specifically do you expect? The answers given are characteristics of a good leader. He has them. If he can put them into practice, he can succeed.

rayboy - Who hires the middle class?

honestly, could ANYONE say something that would actually convince you KMAN? I doubt it.

You're looking for the Obama supporters to give you reason so you can discredit them as inconsquential or irrelevant to the task at hand.

The last guy we had as President seemed more qualified "on paper" because he had been the govenor of a big state but look what he did to our economy so excuse me if Obama's "inexperience" doesn't worry me. In fact his inexperience gives me hope that he'll approach the problems we face with fresh ideas and new direction because he's not stuck in the past and isn't inclined to act in a certain way.

He won the election. His supporters don't need to tell you what will make him a good president. He'll either be a good president or he won't. Only time will tell but so far he's off to a good start.

WOW... All I am doing is looking for something that Obama supporters can point to as to why the believe in this guy and you people go back to ripping Bush.

If you can't think of anything fine... Thank you for proving my point.

that's because the PEOPLE didn't get to pick her Willow. If she had run a campaign and received the electoral votes to be nominated, been vetted by almost 2 years of non-stop media coverage I don't think anyone would've been able to say anything about her inexperience. She was a last ditch effort by McCain to upset the apple cart and it didn't work. He ended up looking like a fool for picking someone whom he clearly knew nothing about either professionally or personally but ultimately it didn't matter. No one was going to beat Obama in that election.

In your opinion did Palin get the same media treatment as Obama?

Forum List

Back