Obama Pushes for National Sales Tax

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
As part of his proposed health care plan, President Obama unleashed a series of new tax proposals for the American people:

-Tax Health Benefits (the very thing he mocked McCain for proposing)

-National tax on alcohol

-National tax on sugar products/foods using sugar

-National Sales Tax

These taxes are meant to help pay for the 1+ trillion dollar Obamacare plan that estimate project will assist only 16 of the 40 million uninsured Americans.

WTF??????

As part of his proposed health care plan, President Obama unleashed a series of new tax proposals for the American people:

-National tax on alcohol

-National Sales Tax

These taxes are meant to help pay for the 1+ trillion dollar Obamacare plan that estimate project will assist only 16 of the 40 million uninsured Americans.

WTF??????

Let me make this perfectly clear. The Federal Reserve just stole $9 trillion dollars from us in the last 8 months. Practically doubling the debt in less than one year.

If you don't think that's going to raise your taxes, then you are a fucking moron.

One Penny Sheet » Federal Reserve Cannot Account for $9 Trillion video

This move by the Federal Reserve alone is going to raise your taxes and lower the value of your dollar. We are FUCKED because of this.

But none of you seem to care. You're too busy playing politics. Sooo easily distracted.

-National tax on alcohol

-National Sales Tax

WTF??????

Let me make this perfectly clear. The Federal Reserve just stole $9 trillion dollars from us in the last 8 months. Practically doubling the debt in less than one year.

If you don't think that's going to raise your taxes, then you are a fucking moron.

This move by the Federal Reserve alone is going to raise your taxes and lower the value of your dollar. We are FUCKED because of this.

But none of you seem to care. You're too busy playing politics. Sooo easily distracted.

So why did Obama just increase the regulatory power of the Fed?

Are you saying Obama is in on this Fed powergrab/destruction of America?

-National tax on alcohol

-National Sales Tax

WTF??????

Duck and divert, typical lefty fag tactic .....

-National tax on alcohol

-National Sales Tax

WTF??????

And it appears that in his attempt to divert away from Obama by attacking the Fed, he is actually implicating Obama, who just today declared new sweeping regulatory powers for the Fed - a "private" entity with governmental regulatory powers. It's like Fannie and Freddie multiplied by 100...

SALES TAX... HELL NO!!! I don't pay sales tax now.

It's time we all push back. Demand our Constitution be restored. Big brother doesn't know better than us!!! You know what's right for you and your family. They don't.

-National tax on alcohol

-National Sales Tax

WTF??????

ITA The Federal Reserve needs to go. Along with everyone currently in office. Both Republican and Democrat. If you haven't held yourself to the Constitution you need to go. Kick them out of OUR house!!!

GOOOH | Get Out of Our House: A non-partisan political party!

-National tax on alcohol

-National Sales Tax

WTF??????

Great question. If you watch Freedom to Fascism by Aaron Russo, he'll point out that every US President since Hoover knows that these bankers own American and pull our politicians strings.

Yes. I'm saying there is only so much Obama can do if the American people remain clueless.

But you can support this and maybe we can take the country back:

H.R. 1207: Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009 (GovTrack.us)

If Obama says this on his own, it would be political suicide. But if he has the support of Congress???

Look at all the sponsors:

Even they aren't willing to go as far as I am by saying what I am saying. BUT, they are willing to take control back so the Fed can't just do whatever they want whenever they want.

SALES TAX... HELL NO!!! I don't pay sales tax now.

It's time we all push back. Demand our Constitution be restored. Big brother doesn't know better than us!!! You know what's right for you and your family. They don't.

I am actually shocked at Obama's willingness to come right out and advocate for a new slew of taxes that will impact everyone - but most signifcantly below-middle class Americans, about six months from taking his oath of office wherein during the campaign he promised to give almost all Americans a "tax cut".

It is political boldness born of a near total belief that he will not be challenged enough to prevent this from happening.

Ladies and gentelmen - a NATIONAL SALES TAX, on top of new taxes for foods using sugar, on alcohol, on health care benefits....WAKE UP.

This is getting very very serious, and while some of our beloved statist libs in here will decry that we are being alarmist over this, I have to think the majority of you who might have been on the fence regarding Obama, are starting to realize things are spiraling far too quickly away from the basic premise of traditional American government to be comfortable for you.

Take the national tax on sugar for instance. The justification is that sugar causes health problems that the government, when getting into the health coverage business, will have to deal with so, by taxing sugar, the government is directly involving itself in private lifestyle choices - in this case, what you are eating. This would be the first step - what would follow? The kind of recreational activities you choose to do? Shall we tax rock climbing equipment because it is dangerous? Scuba diving? Skiing? Boat racing? How about your sexual preferences? Gay sex? Too dangerous - we need to set up a special gay tax! Don't laugh - once this system is in place, what if we get a hardcore conservative president who, instead of reducing the size and scope of government intervention, perverts their version of conservatism and decides to tax behaviors described as "costly to the American public"? The potential is near limitless...

The era of truly BIG BROTHER GOVERNMENT will most certainly be upon us far more than it already is.

My-oh-my....

Great question. If you watch Freedom to Fascism by Aaron Russo, he'll point out that every US President since Hoover knows that these bankers own American and pull our politicians strings.

Yes. I'm saying there is only so much Obama can do if the American people remain clueless.

If Obama says this on his own, it would be political suicide. But if he has the support of Congress???

Even they aren't willing to go as far as I am by saying what I am saying. BUT, they are willing to take control back so the Fed can't just do whatever they want whenever they want.

You are diverting from Obama's apparent complicity in this. Obama just EXPANDED the Fed's power - greatly expanded it.

So I ask you again - is Obama complicit in this Fed conspiracy of yours?

-National tax on alcohol

-National Sales Tax

WTF??????

You traitorist cock sucker! If the Fed steals $9 trillion from us and puts it on the debt, you are god damn right your taxes are going to be raised.

You dumb son of a bitch.

Republicans just throw it on the debt. Remember Cheney said deficits don't matter? Of course you don't.

Well I do. And I remember arguing with Republicans on USMB and at work about it.

Dems are the mean divorced mom who makes you balance your checkbook. Republicans are the dad who gives you a credit card and doesn't tell you to pay it off. Instead they just make minimum payments for you, because they want to look like the good guys. And you dummies fall for it everytime.

You don't even admit/understand that the GOP policies of the last 8 years are what put us in the mess we are in.

Clinton balanced his budget.

And sure, Pelosi & Reed wanted some pork for things the GOP ignored for their first 8 years in power.

Anyways, Obama has been handed a pile of horse shit. No president has ever had to handle so many crisis'.

And I guess the honeymoon is over.

But it is infuriating that you anti American assholes are already blaming Obama for shit that happened on Bush's watch. Or you blame Pelosi, Reed, Clinton, Carter, Freedy, Fanny.

What a joke you are.

You traitorist cock sucker! If the Fed steals $9 trillion from us and puts it on the debt, you are god damn right your taxes are going to be raised.

You dumb son of a bitch.

Republicans just throw it on the debt. Remember Cheney said deficits don't matter? Of course you don't.

Well I do. And I remember arguing with Republicans on USMB and at work about it.

Dems are the mean divorced mom who makes you balance your checkbook. Republicans are the dad who gives you a credit card and doesn't tell you to pay it off. Instead they just make minimum payments for you, because they want to look like the good guys. And you dummies fall for it everytime.

You don't even admit/understand that the GOP policies of the last 8 years are what put us in the mess we are in.

And sure, Pelosi & Reed wanted some pork for things the GOP ignored for their first 8 years in power.

Anyways, Obama has been handed a pile of horse shit. No president has ever had to handle so many crisis'.

And I guess the honeymoon is over.

But it is infuriating that you anti American assholes are already blaming Obama for shit that happened on Bush's watch. Or you blame Pelosi, Reed, Clinton, Carter, Freedy, Fanny.

What a joke you are.

Today Obama greatly expanded the regulatory powers of the Fed - therefore Obama is directly complicit in the Fed conspiracy.

Do you agree?

A tax on sugar products and foods using sugar? Anyone ever read a food label? Most foods on the store shelves have some form of sugar in them, which means that most foods will be taxed.

Uncle says smokes are bad for you, tax 'em, sugar is bad for you, tax it, booze is bad for you, tax it. Some pattern, huh? Health care tax, national tax, don't forget the cap 'n trade tax that will surely affect every person. Willow Tree joked about a C02 tax on people. Doesn't seem like such a joke to me.

People need to wake the hell up and see what this guy and this administration is doing. Sinatra, you're not being an alarmist in the least.

More pure bullshit from the resident hack-in-the-box.

First of all, congress passes the budgets, the prez only signs or vetoes them. Of course when Bubba refused to sign the budget in '95, it was the republicans who were blamed for "shutting down the gubmint".

Secondly, the "balanced budget" (along with the equally mythical "budget surplus") was only projected to occur in 2002, and never existed at any time in actual reality.

Of course, very few remember that Ross Perot pointed out numerous times back in '92 that the budget was going to balance all by itself by 2002, then explode back into deficits if nothing was done structurally to curtail entitlement spending....Which in fact came to pass.

Last edited:

-National tax on alcohol

-National Sales Tax

WTF??????

hahahaha ........ oh the great savior ............ if you make less than 250k per year, I'm your man!

hahahaha ............. ahuh, now suffer suckers! :lol:

You are diverting from Obama's apparent complicity in this. Obama just EXPANDED the Fed's power - greatly expanded it.

So I ask you again - is Obama complicit in this Fed conspiracy of yours?

Yes, he is.

Do you think the $750 tarp funds were necessary? Do you think the $9 trillion they just gave out was a bank robbery or do you think the Fed did that to save the economy?

Because if you think it was a bank robbery, please let me hear you say it loud and proud. And let me see the rest of you say it too. I'll agree.

But if only one or two of you will admit it, then fuck you all. Obama isn't going to commit political suicide. Hell, it might even be literal suicide. I hear Kennedy tried to take on the Feds.

Obama has no choice but to work with the Federal Reserve. But I must admit, giving them greater power? WOW! I just emailed him asking what the fuck that was all about.

Right now, Obama is working under the premise that the Federal Reserve is a good organization that is working with the government for the good of the country.

How many of you have bought into the idea that the Federal Reserve is owned/run by private bankers that own our country? I think so. Do you? Most American's don't understand or don't agree with me on this. So if I were Obama, I wouldn't stick my neck out either.

But yes, I am perplexed and frustrated with that news.

A tax on sugar products and foods using sugar? Anyone ever read a food label? Most foods on the store shelves have some form of sugar in them, which means that most foods will be taxed.

Uncle says smokes are bad for you, tax 'em, sugar is bad for you, tax it, booze is bad for you, tax it. Some pattern, huh? Health care tax, national tax, don't forget the cap 'n trade tax that will surely affect every person. Willow Tree joked about a C02 tax on people. Doesn't seem like such a joke to me.

People need to wake the hell up and see what this guy and this administration is doing. Sinatra, you're not being an alarmist in the least.

Thank you.

Nearly every day we are seeing something new and intrusive being proposed by this Obama White House it is really starting to cause me legitimate concern.

I have gone from simply disagreeing with many of Obama's political views to a growing belief he is going to damage the direction of this country to such a degree we many never fully recover - and there seems to be too few in Congress or the national media willing to strongly challenge Obama on any of this.

I used to chuckle a bit at the real Obama alarmists who were foretelling of all kinds of doom and gloom for our country if he was to become president.

I'm not laughing anymore...

-National tax on alcohol

-National Sales Tax

WTF??????

hahahaha ........ oh the great savior ............ if you make less than 250k per year, I'm your man!

hahahaha ............. ahuh, now suffer suckers! :lol:

Everytime in US history when taxes are cut, a bubble occurs and we have a big crash.

Everytime taxes are raised, things get better.

What, you see the debt double every 4 years and don't think your taxes will ever go up?

This is why the Democrats can't help you and the GOP won't help you. You are too stupid to be helped.

-National tax on alcohol

-National Sales Tax

WTF??????

Does this guy ever stop?

Forum List

Back