Obama Poll Numbers Continue Decline

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Even as Wall Street appears to be stabalizing, Obama's approval numbers continue their steady declines. Rasmussen's most recent poll shows yet another 2-point drop for Obama, and when compared to just two weeks ago, it appears clear a significant amount of "buyers' remorse" is taking hold across America.

One must assume though that if the economy continues to show signs of recovery, so to will Obama's approval numbers - numbers that still remain above 50%. Perhaps the most immiediate question will be if the upcoming election cycles will play out in favor of the Republicans vs the Democrats. Polls show the vast majority of non-union workers do not favor the Democrat/Union desire for card-check. (Meaning these workers do NOT want to unionize) And yet another poll shows the vast majority of Americans do not favor another stimulus bill even as Nancy Pelosi hints another such bill will in fact be happening in the near future. (Perhaps more San Francisco swamp mice to save?)

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere

Is there some reason that you feel the need to say this every day when nothing's changed??

it's bad enough when people are wingnuts, when they're wingnuts AND liars??? sheesh... just boring.

Reality: STILL:

RCP Average 03/03 - 03/10 -- 60.8 30.2 +30.6

RealClearPolitics - RealClearPolitics Poll Averages

:cuckoo:

Obama was elected with 52% of the vote? Even if people mostly like him, how far above 60% do you think he's going to stay, nutter?

And yet Bush had 92 percent at one time and had a higher percentage at this point in his presidency than Obama has now and he did not even have the popular vote according to the records. And Bush maintained over 70 for months.

Don't forget that Bush's eary poll numbers reflected fair minded Democrats giving the new President a chance while Obama's early poll numbers reflect the vindictive Republican Party of NO!

See the Obama's decidedley more positive spin in the news cycles now.

He is quite aware of the downward trend of his polling - particularly the rise in negatives.

The language is starting to prove far more pro-business/tax cuts than just a few weeks ago - a remarkable shift in such a short time that shows more than a bit of concern from within the White House. I give them credit for this change as it at least shows the ability to digest public sentiment and change course accordingly.

Sadly, the Democrat Congress remains oblivious...

That's it, any day now Obama is going to renounce all his ideas and adopt the failed theories of Reagan.

Don't forget that Bush's eary poll numbers reflected fair minded Democrats giving the new President a chance while Obama's early poll numbers reflect the vindictive Republican Party of NO!

I wonder if the stimulus package and the budget bill both with earmarks, in the first 50 days had anything to do with the poll numbers?
Fair minded democrats, and vindictive republicans geeze, that's rich.

I wonder if the stimulus package and the budget bill both with earmarks, in the first 50 days had anything to do with the poll numbers?

Rich but true.

Rich but true.

So, Dubya I., It was those "fair minded democrats" with all the lies crying for Bush to fail? That's what I meant about "rich"..idiot.
It's what's known as politics, and is expected that there will always be opposition to the other party. But, don't go touting that dems are fair minded, and the repubs are vindictive. You show your lack of knowledge.

Of course they do.

Sane Demcorats independents and Republicans all look at the trillions going to the banks with disgust.

Many of us are highly dubious that rewarding their failure is a good idea.

Few of us can figure out how failing banks lead to the complete meltdown of our economy, too.

And given that nobody in the government is explaining that to us in the detail that would be nnecessary for us to understand it, (if it's even true) I cannot blame ANYONE for doubting everything our government is telling us, right now.

The government has been lying to us, mostly by lying by omission, but often outright lying to us, my whole life.

You'd have to be a complete fool to take everything they're telling us now at face value.

WE have a government of the bankers, by the bankers and FOR the bankers.

That much is pretty obvious.

The mechanics of this massive swindle are more obscure.

And thier obscurity is NOT an accident, folks.

Last edited:

Rich but true.

So, Dubya I., It was those "fair minded democrats" with all the lies crying for Bush to fail? That's what I meant about "rich"..idiot.
It's what's known as politics, and is expected that there will always be opposition to the other party. But, don't go touting that dems are fair minded, and the repubs are vindictive. You show your lack of knowledge.

You don't have to believe me, just look at the numbers, if W had approval numbers in the ninety's, that by definition means that a large number of fair minded Dems were approving of his job performance. It was only after we saw the complete incompetance of the Republic party and their wacky theories that W lost standing until the hard core right wing were the only ones left giving W the lowest approval rating in memory.

Of course they do.

Sane Demcorats independents and Republicans all look at the trillions going to the banks with disgust.

Few of us can figure out how failing banks lead to the complete meltdown of our economy, too.

And given that nobody in the government is explaining that to us in the detail that would be nnecessary for us to understand it, (if it's even true) I cannot blame ANYONE for doubting everything our government is telling us, right now.

The government has been lying to us, mostly by lying by omission, but often outright lying to us, my whole life.

You'd have to be a complete fool to take everything they're telling us now at face value.

Time for a history lesson: After the stock market crashed in 1929 it was Repub policy to let the banks fail and to not stimulate new demand in the economy which led to the Great Depression.

Luckily we have a smart and learned man as our President instead of a sycophant of the greedy rich.

Meanwhile why don't all you righties keep insisting that Reagan's theories worked. Make any Repub who thinks differently appologize to 'Boss' Limbaugh.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously, that was funny. Do you do stand up?

Of course they do.

Time for a history lesson: After the stock market crashed in 1929 it was Repub policy to let the banks fail and to not stimulate new demand in the economy which led to the Great Depression.

Luckily we have a smart and learned man as our President instead of a sycophant of the greedy rich.

Meanwhile why don't all you righties keep insisting that Reagan's theories worked. Make any Repub who thinks differently appologize to 'Boss' Limbaugh.

Dubya I....just drink the Kool-Aid, and chill.

How dare some of you question the popularity of the Boi king?

You should whipped with a wet noodle and forced to watch 4 hours of Olberman.

I'm seeing a pattern here.

Mostly people try to discuss issues bring forth facts and logic. I'd say about half of us at least make an attmpt to engage in discussion.

Then we the nitwits who contribute nothing but bile and venom.

They know nothing, they contribute nothing and they are essantially worthless.

You know who you are.

You're worthless.

See the Obama's decidedley more positive spin in the news cycles now.

He is quite aware of the downward trend of his polling - particularly the rise in negatives.

The language is starting to prove far more pro-business/tax cuts than just a few weeks ago - a remarkable shift in such a short time that shows more than a bit of concern from within the White House. I give them credit for this change as it at least shows the ability to digest public sentiment and change course accordingly.

Sadly, the Democrat Congress remains oblivious...

You know, I don't think changing course because he's digested public sentiment is particularly reassuring right now. We need someone in charge that knows EXACTLY what needs to be done and doesn't shift everytime the political wind does.

Forum List

Back