Obama Policies Fueled Our Economic Boom. Don’t Let Trump And His Rich Man’s Tax Cut Steal The Credit

Trump is trying to rev up the economy, like trying to fast start a nuclear reactor. Doing so by removing the control rods aka regulations, to get it going full speed a lot faster. The danger is that's how they blew up Chernobyl.

Well that post just proves to me you were not a engineering major in college.

What did you major in finger painting?

Study Chernoby and Fukushima

Then post please

From the navy N-1 research reactor to chernobyl they both blew up because the control rods were pulled to fast start the reactor, but because the reaction accelerates exponentially, they couldn't detect the power level increase, before the rate was out of control.

You haven't a clue what happened at Chernobyl you boob. The operators were running it at very low power, which was against the regs because the design of the control rods was bad, and caused the reactor to be unstable at low power settings. Due to the shit design, there was a massive power surge that ruptured some pressure tubes that contained the fuel, that caused a steam explosion that blew the plant apart.

Try doing some basic research before you make a complete jackass of yourself.

Thanks the second time he tried to do it..kids are idiots now a days, but when I know something I know something

You haven't a clue what happened at Chernobyl you boob. The operators were running it at very low power, which was against the regs because the design of the control rods was bad, and caused the reactor to be unstable at low power settings. Due to the shit design, there was a massive power surge that ruptured some pressure tubes that contained the fuel, that caused a steam explosion that blew the plant apart.

The instability was because as a graphite reactor, there was no ability to remove the moderator, which meant all control had to be through the neutron absorbing control rods, where light water reactors use the water as a moderator, giving positive control with both the moderator and control rods. But even as such, fast starting the reactor by pulling the control rods all the way out instead of letting the reactor bottom start, which is a much slower process.

What does this even mean?

So are you suggesting no term limits? Reagan would of been president till he died in 2004 so no bush SR, no bill Clinton and no Obama

Sounds good to me
I'm suggesting compared to trump most Americans would rather have Obama than the pussygrabber.
Imagine anyone supporting a serial sex offender. You're a disgrace to the human race.

The instability was because as a graphite reactor, there was no ability to remove the moderator, which meant all control had to be through the neutron absorbing control rods, where light water reactors use the water as a moderator, giving positive control with both the moderator and control rods. But even as such, fast starting the reactor by pulling the control rods all the way out instead of letting the reactor bottom start, which is a much slower process.

Yeah, duh, Like I said, it was a shit design. But your claim that they tried to jump start it is WRONG. They were running it at low power, which the designers KNEW was dangerous, so they had prohibited it. The operators chose to ignore the regs. That is a fact. Your statement was crap.

So are you suggesting no term limits? Reagan would of been president till he died in 2004 so no bush SR, no bill Clinton and no Obama

Sounds good to me
I'm suggesting compared to trump most Americans would rather have Obama than the pussygrabber.
Imagine anyone supporting a serial sex offender. You're a disgrace to the human race.

You would be wrong. And in another year it will be even more against obummer. Especially as more of his illegal actions are exposed.

Yeah, duh, Like I said, it was a shit design. But your claim that they tried to jump start it is WRONG. They were running it at low power, which the designers KNEW was dangerous, so they had prohibited it. The operators chose to ignore the regs. That is a fact. Your statement was crap.
Regs? Regulations?
You hate regulations and praise trumpfor getting rid of so many.
Food regulations, consumer protections, regs for Wall st to avert another 2007 financial disaster. All gone.
Aren't you thrilled we live in a much less safe country now.

Sounds good to me

You would be wrong. And in another year it will be even more against obummer. Especially as more of his illegal actions are exposed.
" illegal actions."
Lmao. Ok Hannity. You wear the tin foil hat proudly.

Meanwhile Trump continues to violate the Emolument clause of the Constitution by personally enriching himself while in office.
Not a word out of you.
You're such a fraud.

Sounds good to me

" illegal actions."
Lmao. Ok Hannity. You wear the tin foil hat proudly.

Meanwhile Trump continues to violate the Emolument clause of the Constitution by personally enriching himself while in office.
Not a word out of you.
You're such a fraud.

How about you post up what the Emolument clause is, and then explain why you think trump is violating it.

I'm going to bed so i will expect a response in the morning.

Good gawd, another one who thinks the stock market is the economy. It is not. Not today, not during Obama.

The rate of job growth under Obama was certainly going to be higher, given the dire situation he was handed, which was a fucking mess.

We'll never know what Obama would have done with a more normal economy. As it is, the only thing he did here was stand back and allow the Federal Reserve to pump over FOUR TRILLION DOLLARS into markets.

Just more partisan noise.
The purse strings of the government was controlled by the GOP controlled House. How did Obama do all that supposedly {discretionary?) spending without their approval?
That's not traditional congressional discretionary spending. That's allowing the Fed broad powers. Carte Blanche. Congress most likely couldn't have stopped it.

Plus, and probably just as likely, given the magnitude of the problem, they probably knew there weren't many other choices.

And doing so probably would have looked bad politically, since a member of their own party had just left the White House with the economy in collapse. So for the most part, they kept their yaps shut.

You premise isn't very clear

1i0v6f.jpg

YES!!!!!

Good gawd, another one who thinks the stock market is the economy. It is not. Not today, not during Obama.

The rate of job growth under Obama was certainly going to be higher, given the dire situation he was handed, which was a fucking mess.

We'll never know what Obama would have done with a more normal economy. As it is, the only thing he did here was stand back and allow the Federal Reserve to pump over FOUR TRILLION DOLLARS into markets.

The purse strings of the government was controlled by the GOP controlled House. How did Obama do all that supposedly {discretionary?) spending without their approval?
That's not traditional congressional discretionary spending. That's allowing the Fed broad powers. Carte Blanche. Congress most likely couldn't have stopped it.

Plus, and probably just as likely, given the magnitude of the problem, they probably knew there weren't many other choices.

And doing so probably would have looked bad politically, since a member of their own party had just left the White House with the economy in collapse. So for the most part, they kept their yaps shut.

Your response isn't very clear. Various sources from that period suggests that after the multiple bailouts of big banks and the auto industries the democrats lost the House.
After that, GOP obstructionism took center stage. The Republicans helped to make Obama the least spending president since Eisenhower.

My premise is that both ends of the political spectrum are trying to make the current economic situation out to be something that it is not.

As usual.

Which Obama policy was it that improved the economy? Obamacare? Nope! The largely ineffective Obama stimulus? That was so bad they had to use "jobs created or saved" to hide how few jobs they actually created! Can you even name an Obama economic initiative from his last six years that grew the economy? I can't! He basically didn't even try after the first two years he was in office!

Many to choose from! Take your pick below...

I ask you to tell me what Obama policy led to the economic boom we're currently experiencing...and you give me that collection of pap?

It's a simple question, Lakhota. One that you shouldn't have to resort to spamming liberal sites crowing about what a great President Barry was! Just tell me what economic policy of his created more jobs and a stronger economy!

It may be a simple question - but the answer is more complicated because it consists of the many actions and policies by President Obama. I will spoon-feed a few for you below to chew on. Also, keep in mind that Republicans obstructed President Obama for eight years - thereby slowing the economic recovery from the Great Bush Recession. One of the biggest Republican obstructions was on President Obama's American Jobs Act - which they refused to consider in whole or in part.

What Has Obama Done? 13 Major Accomplishments

President Barack Obama entered office fighting the 2008 financial crisis. He immediately launched the ambitious Affordable Care Act, despite backlash. His administration continued battling the Tea Party Republicans after they gained Congressional majority in the 2010 mid-term elections.

Despite these challenges, he accomplished many great things. Here are the top eleven in chronological order. Find out how they match up to the 2008 "Yes We Can!" campaign promises.

1. Ended the 2008 Recession
In February 2009, Congress approved Obama's $787 billion economic stimulus package. It cut taxes, extended unemployment benefits, and funded public works projects. The recession ended in July when GDP growth turned positive. In just seven months, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act pumped $241.9 billion into the economy. That increased growth to a robust 3.9 percent rate by early 2010. By March 30, 2011, almost all ($633.5 billion) of the funds were spent.

2. Modernized Auto Industry
Obama bailed out the U.S. auto industry on March 30, 2009. The federal government took over General Motors and Chrysler, saving three million jobs. It forced the companies to become more fuel efficient and therefore more globally competitive.

4. Reformed Health Care
On March 23, 2010, the Affordable Care Act revolutionized healthcare. By 2014, the economy benefited from having 95 percent of the population on health insurance. The greater number of people receiving preventive care reduced the number of expensive visits to emergency rooms.

That slows the rise of health care costs for everyone. That's because Medicaid reimburses hospitals for emergency care. Those are the most significant of Obamacare's 10 advantages.

Why did health care need to be reformed? Rising costs threatened to take over the entire federal budget. It was also the no.1 cause of bankruptcies. In return, Americans received the worst health care in the developed world.

President Donald Trump promised to "repeal and replace" Obamacare. As of October 2017, he has failed to pass any legislation. But he is weakening Obamacare even without repeal.

5. Regulated the Big Banks
In July 2010, the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform Act improved regulation of eight areas that led to the financial crisis. The Consumer Financial Protection Agency reduced harmful practices of credit cards and mortgages. The Financial Stability Oversight Council regulated hedge funds and banks that became too big to fail. The "Volcker Rule" banned banks from risking losses with their depositors' money. Dodd-Frank clarified which agencies regulated which banks, stopping banks from cherry-picking their regulators.

Dodd-Frank directed the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission.

These regulated the riskiest derivatives, like credit default swaps and commodities futures. Dodd-Frank also asked the SEC to recommend how the credit rating agencies, like Moody's and Standard & Poor's, could be improved.

6. 2010 Tax Cuts
In December 2010, Obama and Congress agreed upon additional stimulus in the form of an $858 billion tax cut. It had three main components: a $350 billion extension of the Bush tax cuts, a $56 billion extension of unemployment benefits, and a $120 billion reduction in workers' payroll taxes. Businesses received $140 billion in tax cuts for capital improvements and $80 billion in research and development tax credits. The estate tax was exempted (up to $5 million), and there were additional credits for college tuition and children.

7. Eliminated bin Laden Threat and Withdrew Troops from Iraq and Afghanistan Wars
On May 1, 2011, Navy SEALs attacked the al-Qaida leader's compound in Pakistan and eliminated Osama bin Laden.

Later that year, Obama withdrew troops from the Iraq War. Three years later, renewed threats from ISIS meant troops had to return. The Sunni-Shiite split within Islam means there may always be wars in the Middle East..

In 2014, Obama wound down the war in Afghanistan. Ending the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan should have reduced annual military spending. At over $800 billion, it was the largest discretionary budget item and one of the leading causes of the budget deficit and national debt. Instead, spending on the War on Terror remained higher than during the Bush administration.

More: What Has Obama Done? 13 Significant Accomplishments

For some reason you think those puff pieces done on Obama's "accomplishments" represent an honest answer to my question! It doesn't. It simply shows you can't think of anything on your own that Obama's done to grow the economy and that speaks VOLUMES about his economic policies!

It's still a simple question...what economic policy of Barack Obama grew the economy! Care to answer? Or are you going to continue to post propaganda?

It was his economic policies of QE and near zero interest rates ......oh wait.....that was the Federal Reserve, our central bank. Never mind.

It was the LACK of a coherent policy to improve the economy that forced non stop quantitative easing and near zero interest rates by the Fed! You had one interest rate increase from the time Obama got elected until the time Trump was elected and now we've had three interest rates in the year that Trump's been in office with another on the way! THAT right there tells you all you need to know about who's economic policies work and who's didn't!

Washington redskin can’t seem to stay out of the firewater... lol

And yet another progressive hiding behind misleading statistics to pretend that Obama had a successful Presidency when it came to the economy!

I'll ask you the same question I asked your clueless friend, Reasonable...name the Obama economic policies that have supposedly created the economic boom we're currently experiencing?

5a428f0d2100003e005f5dbd.jpeg

Donald Trump is good at certain things. (Please take a deep breath and don’t throw your mouse or laptop at the wall.) I have not come to praise Mr. Lost The Popular Vote By 2.9 Million. But the truth is the truth—even if the truth is something Trump wouldn’t recognize if it landed right on the dyed bird’s nest that covers his dome. In any case, we must acknowledge that the man has demonstrated the ability to shape the media narrative for his own nefarious purposes.

For example, when the term “fake news” first gained widespread usage during the 2016 campaign, it most often referred to anti-Hillary, pro-Trump stories planted by non-journalists on social media. Trump, however, has over the past year co-opted the term successfully enough so that, for many, it now primarily refers to mainstream journalists’ supposed anti-Trump bias. Similarly, he has sought to control the narrative about the strong performance of the American economy, and last week’s passage of the rich man’s tax cut is going to be a crucial pivot point in that narrative. The mainstream media and the American people simply cannot allow him to control it the way he has controlled the narrative on fake news.

Throughout his time in the White House, Trump has been obsessed with denigrating the accomplishments of Barack Obama (Think: “Obamacare is imploding”—it isn’t, but who knows what will happen next year as a result of Trump’s repeal of the individual mandate and other steps taken to sabotage the health care law).

Washington Post fact-checker Nicole Lewis offered a detailed comparison of the economy under Trump thus far and Obama. There’s far too much detail to go into here, but here are some highlights. First, the stock market growth in Trump’s first 10 months doesn’t look nearly as impressive when you learn that it is no better than the market’s performance in peer countries like the UK, Germany, and Japan. This isn’t a Trump bull market, it’s a global one. By comparison, under Obama the U.S. stock market, as measured by the S&P 500, not only tripled over eight years, it significantly outperformed the markets in those same peer countries.

Job growth under Trump lags behind job growth under Obama (in a comparable time period, i.e., February through November) in each of the previous four years, and five out of the last seven years of the Obama presidency. And while we’re on the topic of media narrative, Trump now touts the big drop of about one-half of 1 percent in the unemployment rate since he took office, but while Obama was president he denigratedthe unemployment rate as “nonsense.” That’s not surprising given that it fell almost five points during the final five years of the Obama presidency.

Overall, the economy under Trump thus far looks no better by most measures than the economy in the last years under Obama. Furthermore, whereas Trump inherited the strong Obama economy, Obama inherited the Great Recession from George W. Bush—the worst economic crash since the Great Depression. That crash followed years of Republican control of Congress and a round of tax cuts whose benefits flowed mostly to the wealthy (sound familiar?). Until the passage of the Trump tax scheme, there were no significant changes to the economic policies put in place during the Obama presidency—policies that brought our economy out of the Great Recession and which have given us the longest lasting period of job growth in our history.

Trump’s comments above about his tax scheme and “rocket fuel” make clear that he will go even further than he has so far in claiming credit for anything good happening in the economy. He and his right-wing minions have in fact begun doing so. Here’s a headline from the Conservative Review: “The Trump tax cuts are ALREADY raising wages” (all-caps makes it much more convincing, doesn’t it?). Don’t buy it. As Conor Sen at Bloomberg explained, the rich man’s tax cut is merely the “excuse to raise wages. The tight labor market is the real reason.” And of course the tight labor market reflects years of a strong economy bequeathed to us by none other than President Barack Obama. Don’t let Donald Trump steal the credit.

More: Obama Policies Fueled Our Economic Boom. Don’t Let Trump And His Rich Man’s Tax Cut Steal The Credit

Trump continues riding President Obama's coattails and trying to steal his thunder. President Obama gave us a stable and sustainable economy; whereas, Trump is trying to give us a rocket ship economy that may propel us into another Great Depression. The current economy does not need deregulation and tax cuts for stimulation.

Bwuhahahahahaha....

My premise is that both ends of the political spectrum are trying to make the current economic situation out to be something that it is not.

As usual.
:blahblah:

Forum List

Back