Obama: Police can "Make the job of being a cop a lot safer" by admitting their failure

As usual with the lying Right, you can't get a straight quote of Obama's, just over the top rhetoric from the GOP Propaganda Machine for the bigot hater dupes...
NOTE the operative words:A study by a Harvard professor released this month found no evidence of racial bias in police shootings
even though officers were more likely to interact physically with non-whites than whites.
So why do you think officers had to use physical force with blacks???
Could it be THIS statistic?

The truth is that black female-headed households were just 18 percent of households in 1950,
as opposed to about 68 percent today.
In fact, from 1890 to 1940, the black marriage rate was slightly higher than that of whites. Even during slavery, when marriage was forbidden for blacks, most black children lived in biological two-parent families. In New York City, in 1925, 85 percent of black households were two-parent households. A study of 1880 family structure in Philadelphia shows that three-quarters of black families were two-parent households."
Walter E. Williams is a professor of economics at George Mason University. (Who by the way as Obama once said "did I mention Williams is black"???
Black female head of households number is 68 percent

Where are the black Fathers????
In prison or out, can't get a good job, selling drugs to suburbanites....Great job, GOP.

Considering over 99% of officers don't fail...and the stats show that.
what issue do you take, specifically, with the statement?

Thats not humanly possible. Oh right, you arent talking about if its possible you're talking about when cops investigate themselves and find themselves innocent.

But who gives these idiots that totally ignore the FACTS like this recent fact:
Highest Ranking Officer Found Not Guilty Of All Charges In Freddie Gray Case
Baltimore Circuit Court Judge Barry Williams has ruled that Lt. Brian Rice, the highest-ranking Baltimore City Police officer to be charged in relation to the death of 25-year-old Freddie Gray, is not guilty of all the charges he faced — involuntary manslaughter, reckless endangerment and misconduct in office.
Highest Ranking Officer Found Not Guilty Of All Charges In Freddie Gray Case

Were you expecting a different outcome? :badgrin: 99% of all cop cases result in no charges.

Maybe another leader will one day soon step forward and specifically, clearly and passionately challenge both ends of this issue to look in the mirror.

Clearly this won't be happening during this administration. Sadly.
Obviously Obama has issued a threat.

The violence will continue until cops gather together and atone for their sins.

WTF?

Does he actually believe this horseshit? What happened to the guns are the problem excuse? Now cops are supposed to kiss every thugs black ass and beg for forgiveness?

Yep......that will really go over well with the police unions.

Maybe another leader will one day soon step forward and specifically, clearly and passionately challenge both ends of this issue to look in the mirror.

The violence will continue until cops gather together and atone for their sins.

WTF?

Does he actually believe this horseshit? What happened to the guns are the problem excuse? Now cops are supposed to kiss every thugs black ass and beg for forgiveness?

Yep......that will really go over well with the police unions.
Maybe it would be better if he just kept his mouth shut and continued voting "present".

some jobs have to have a higher standard
The usual liberal dodge: Law enforcement must be absolutely perfect. Or else the murders will go on.

And liberals wonder why fewer and fewer people want to elect them.
Smart phones have shown that blacks weren't lying all these years...stats don't lie either. Not reported on the New BS GOP Propaganda service, of course, just divisive crap for the chumps...

People just need to be decent. Go home at a reasonable time, hang with the family, and get some rest for work in the morning. And don't be a criminal. If you do those things, you won't likely encounter the Police. Just be decent.

Last edited:

Here is Obama's LATEST defense of BLM!!!!

"There are legitimate issues that have been raised, and there’s data and evidence to back up the concerns that are being expressed by these protesters. " Obama: Police Can 'Make the Job of Being a Cop a Lot Safer' by Admitting Their Failures

HEY OBAMA.... Here is the DATA to show you are full of SHIT!!!!

No racial bias in police shootings, study by BLACK Harvard professor shows
– FACT: Despite the fact that black people commit an equal or greater number of violent crimes than whites, whites are almost TWICE as likely to be killed by police officers.
According to data from the Centers for Disease Control, between 1999 and 2011, 2,151 whites died as a result of being shot by police compared to 1,130 blacks.
A study by a Harvard professor released this month found no evidence of racial bias in police shootings even though officers were more likely to interact physically with non-whites than whites.
The paper for the National Bureau of Economic Research, which examined thousands of incidents at 10 large police departments in California, Florida and Texas, concluded that police were no more likely to shoot non-whites than whites after factoring in extenuating circumstances.
On the most extreme use of force — officer-involved shootings — we find no racial differences in either the raw data or when contextual factors are taken into account,” said Harvard economics professor Roland G. Fryer Jr. in the abstract of the July 2016 paper.

Mr. Fryer, who is black, told The New York Times that the finding of no racial discrimination in police shootings was “the most surprising result of my career.”
No racial bias in police shootings, study by Harvard professor shows

NOW YOU WERE SAYING?????
you realize that doesn't say that there are not legitimate issues, right?

NOT to the extent that BLM march leaders say:
BlacklivesMatter chanting "Pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon!”
One in a thousand does, played endlessly by New BS GOP. And Obama isdividing the country with moderate conversation...

I realize that. But to indict all cops for the few that are corrupt is nuts. Do I think there are dirty cops? Yes, but very few and eventually most expose themselves by their actions or others do.
Do you hear the white community screaming whenever a white criminal is killed by a cop when resisting arrest? No, we expect someone to comply when ordered to. And I believe most of the black community does as well. I think there is probably a larger portion that is not heard that is feeling the same ,way. Unfortunately there is a white and black class that is pushing an agenda and giving voice to a criminal class that is louder than the reasonable voices, by stating their innocence before the coroner has even arrived.

Do the poorer class of any color get pulled over more than others? Does it have to do with their color? Not usually. They more often have failed to renew their registration, or fixed that broken tail light, or fixed that leaky exhaust or a seat belt that doesn't work. But that is of all colors. If anyone does, they just need to comply.

There has to be middle ground. Too many only see it one way. Some feel the Police can do no wrong, while others feel the Police can do no right. We just need to hold all those doing wrong accountable. Treat Police and Citizens the same.

I realize that. But to indict all cops for the few that are corrupt is nuts. Do I think there are dirty cops? Yes, but very few and eventually most expose themselves by their actions or others do.
Do you hear the white community screaming whenever a white criminal is killed by a cop when resisting arrest? No, we expect someone to comply when ordered to. And I believe most of the black community does as well. I think there is probably a larger portion that is not heard that is feeling the same ,way. Unfortunately there is a white and black class that is pushing an agenda and giving voice to a criminal class that is louder than the reasonable voices, by stating their innocence before the coroner has even arrived.

Do the poorer class of any color get pulled over more than others? Does it have to do with their color? Not usually. They more often have failed to renew their registration, or fixed that broken tail light, or fixed that leaky exhaust or a seat belt that doesn't work. But that is of all colors. If anyone does, they just need to comply.

There has to be middle ground. Too many only see it one way. Some feel the Police can do no wrong, while others feel the Police can do no right. We just need to hold all those doing wrong accountable. Treat Police and Citizens the same.

No more than others of their economic class. But they're pulled over 3 x as much, and then it gets much worse.

you are a special kind of insane

He's not from here. Apparently 'normal' is something profoundly different there from 'normal' in America.

What the President really said:

"We as a nation have to be loud and clear that nothing justifies violence against law enforcement. Attacks on police are an attack on all of us, and the rule of law that makes society possible," Obama said, speaking from the White House press briefing room. "We don't need inflammatory rhetoric. We don't need careless accusations thrown around to score political points or to advance an agenda."

He's not from here. Apparently 'normal' is something profoundly different there from 'normal' in America.
Dude. I don't put my real address in my profile.....so STFU.

some jobs have to have a higher standard
The usual liberal dodge: Law enforcement must be absolutely perfect. Or else the murders will go on.

And liberals wonder why fewer and fewer people want to elect them.
The usual rightwing lie.

The contempt most Americans have for conservatives is indeed justified.

What the President really said:

"We as a nation have to be loud and clear that nothing justifies violence against law enforcement. Attacks on police are an attack on all of us, and the rule of law that makes society possible," Obama said, speaking from the White House press briefing room. "We don't need inflammatory rhetoric. We don't need careless accusations thrown around to score political points or to advance an agenda."

Then why did he meet with BLM?
President Barack Obama met Wednesday with activists from the Black Lives Matter movement as well as a range of law enforcement officials and community leaders in what he called an "excellent conversation" amid a spate of violence between black communities and police across the country.
Black Lives Matter Protesters Chant: ‘Pigs In A Blanket, Fry ‘Em Like Bacon’
Black Lives Matter Protesters Chant: ‘Pigs In A Blanket, Fry ‘Em Like Bacon’ [VIDEO]
"The bad news is, as we saw so painfully this week, that this is really a hard job. We're not there yet," Obama told reporters following the meeting.
He continued, "We're not even close to being there yet, where we want to be. We're not at a point yet where communities of color feel confident that their police departments are serving them with dignity and respect and equality. And we're not at the point yet where police departments feel adequately supported at all levels."
The meeting -- which lasted over four hours -- included Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards and Black Lives Matter activists DeRay Mckesson and Brittany Packnett

Black Lives Matter activists join Obama at forum on policing - CNNPolitics.com

Dude, you spell like a foreigner. I'm a high IQ genius, remember? I can spot these things.

Dude, you spell like a foreigner. I'm a high IQ genius, remember? I can spot these things.
Well you must be a fucking retard because I was born and raised in America.

Personally, I think you're a psychopath.

Forum List

Back