Obama Pardons - is it good to release so many DRUG DEALERS?

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
All I hear from the biased media is he is releasing non-violent drug offenders. The biased media wants you to believe it is drug addicts that are incarcerated because of their "illness" and they didn't hurt anyone (despite the fact drug addiction have a long association with theft, robbery, violence- esp domestic violence and violence in the commission of a crime- rape and murder), but I could accept a possession charge of a now clean addicts. BUT...

Here are the 61 people whose sentences Obama just commuted

...these aren't addicts, these are people caught for distribution and trafficking of controlled substances (so it is not for selling weed). Both have long association with violence and destroying lives and society for selfish personal gains. We have always viewed drug dealers as leaches and scumbags and not as poor innocent victims. Are these guys reformed? Will none of them return to the life? Does that matter?

Time will tell, but I bet a great deal return to the life.

Also it is a red herring to say the war on drugs is a farce. I might agree with that, but the laws on the books are a prohibition on drugs therefore that argument is also a farce.

Because they were released for a nonviolent offense doesn't mean they are non violent offenders.

Forum List

Back