Obama OWNS Tax Increases

My taxes won't go up either since I will continue to buy health insurance. I guess all these free loaders who choose to let people like you and I subsidize their healthcare costs are just in a tizzy because they are finally being called out on their mooching ways. Now they will have to pay to mooch.

There may well be freeloaders, but they are likely on Medicaid. There are many that cannot afford healthcare, even when offered by employer. The monthly cost would not allow them to pay rent, utilities, transportation costs, insurance, and food. So they without. Guess what? They won't be able to pay the tax either, so when IRS begins to garnish, they will quit working.

The thing is, there are none of the normal IRS strong-arm tactics allowed in the collection process. My guess is that if you can't afford the penalty, you aren't making enough money in the first place. If you're making tons of cash, and still want to opt out of any healthcare plans, paying the penalty may actually be a cheaper route, and they'll make that deduction for you when you file for a return.

You just don't know what you are talking about. $18k is 'too much income' for help, too little to get by on, at least in IL.

I don't bridle at what it costs because I know that all they'd have to do is eliminate the Bush Tax Cuts and they'd pay for it.

Even though that flies in the face of accepted Keynesian economic theory never to raise taxes in a struggling economy? Now you're even MORE amusing, Conserva! You want to pay for a terrible piece of legislation by enacting an economic policy that will make the economy even worse than it is now resulting in even lower revenues than we now have.

Which economists are telling you that shit? They're lying to you son.

Here's a Nobel Prize Winning Economist's take:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/23/opinion/23krugman.html

I studied Keynesian economic theory in college, Consverva. Keynes advocated raising taxes in economic boom times to repay the monies that he advocated spending by government in economic slow times.

Paul Krugman is an idiot. As for the worth of a Nobel Prize these days? Barry got one simply for showing up at the Oval Office. I'm supposed to be impressed by the fact that Krugman has one as well? You're getting even more amusing.

I love the speed of the liberal spin machine works now just because obamatax is a tax it's a GOP suggestion. I thought the GOP was the party of no.

Well, just wait til the President starts speaking out in favor of breathing.

Isn't that exactly what the whole anti smoking campaign was about? Or have I missed something.

Yep - you have a great point there.

Not very many people stood up and told our governments that applying more and more taxes to tobacco products was wrong. I've watched referendum after referendum add $.50 here and $1.00 there get passed without so much as a comment. The folks in favor of the increased tax rate tell us it's good for all of us - less people dying of cancer, less of a hit on our health care system, YOU should quit because it's better for YOU, and we can use the revenue on.... whatever we want to.

Whenever there's a referendum to add MORE taxes to tobacco, people (and I'm assuming we're talking non-smokers) vote overwhelmingly FOR taxation. It doesn't apply to them, it's not their problem, THEY don't have to pay anything themselves, and probably MOST telling - the votes are bi-partisan.

And now you're all saying "Wait a damn minute here!!!" because the penalties involved with ACA will now apply to ALL of us, instead of a voiceless few. Friggin hypocrites.

Even though that flies in the face of accepted Keynesian economic theory never to raise taxes in a struggling economy? Now you're even MORE amusing, Conserva! You want to pay for a terrible piece of legislation by enacting an economic policy that will make the economy even worse than it is now resulting in even lower revenues than we now have.

I studied Keynesian economic theory in college, Consverva. Keynes advocated raising taxes in economic boom times to repay the monies that he advocated spending by government in economic slow times.

Paul Krugman is an idiot. As for the worth of a Nobel Prize these days? Barry got one simply for showing up at the Oval Office. I'm supposed to be impressed by the fact that Krugman has one as well? You're getting even more amusing.

LOL. Okay, bud. Then again Keynesian Economics aren't bulletproof, are they?

And I'll take the word of a Nobel Prize winning academic scholar in a field over a dude on a message board who studied econ just as much as I did any day of the week.

How many Nobel prizes did Laffer get again?

He doesn't want to hear that Krugman is an idiot. A Nobel Prize winning idiot but an idiot none the less.

He also doesn't to hear the shenanigans the Dems pulled in order to get a good count from the CBO when they were first pushing Obamacare.

He also doesn't want to hear that cutting capital gains will benefit the economy big time.

In short he doesn't want to hear anything that doesn't jibe with what he believes.

Of couse he's full of shit but what the hay. It is what it is. LOL

He doesn't want to hear that Krugman is an idiot. A Nobel Prize winning idiot but an idiot none the less.

He also doesn't to hear the shenanigans the Dems pulled in order to get a good count from the CBO when they were first pushing Obamacare.

He also doesn't want to hear that cutting capital gains will benefit the economy big time.

In short he doesn't want to hear anything that doesn't jibe with what he believes.

Of couse he's full of shit but what the hay. It is what it is. LOL

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahaha!

You accusing ANYONE of burying their heads in the sand is a fucking riot.

r9iwat.gif

Prediction: Those who currently don't pay Jack shit into the system will still not pay Jack shit and those who do, will pay more.

Prediction: Those who currently don't pay Jack shit into the system will still not pay Jack shit and those who do, will pay more.
I

Eventually - but that will happen with or without ACA.

and at least now the beauracracy surrounding such a pitiful system will be massively increased. Why do republicans hate jobs so?

I don't think they hate jobs so much as they hate messing with a money making industry. Insurance is just one link in the chain.

Amazing how the left let slip their desire to have no states, only the Federal Government.

The tax increases of ObamaTax are going to be hung around his neck like a giant millstone.

HURT: The silver lining? Now Obama owns his tax hikes

By Charles Hurt

Conservatives gathering now for a low-tech lynching of Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. need to take a quick breath of air and think about what he managed to accomplish by upholding President Obama’s highly unpopular, signature piece of legislation.

Though he shocked many by joining the left plank on the high court, Justice Roberts. pretty much did what he was supposed to do. He finally put a boundary on how much freedom the federal government can gobble up from states and individuals under the “commerce clause” — that most specious scheme for so much federal thievery.

Then he told President Obama and his kleptocrats in Congress that they can have their health care law, but they cannot keep lying about it. A tax is a tax and they are liars if they call it anything else. And they just stuck the crippled American taxpayer with one of the biggest, broadest, most regressive tax-hikes in history — and during a deep recession!

HURT: The silver lining? Now Obama owns his tax hikes - Washington Times

Just as he owns the entire economy.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

LOL. Okay, bud. Then again Keynesian Economics aren't bulletproof, are they?

And I'll take the word of a Nobel Prize winning academic scholar in a field over a dude on a message board who studied econ just as much as I did any day of the week.

How many Nobel prizes did Laffer get again?

I never said that Keynesian economics are "bulletproof", nor would I ever say that since I don't tend to agree with many of the basic tenets of Keynesian theory, being a follower of the Austrian school. What I'm pointing out is that lately progressives who DO claim to be Keynesian's only follow the basics of Keynesian economic theory when it jibes with their political beliefs but then disregard those same basics whenever it suits their purposes.

As for how much you "studied" economics, Conserva? Not to insult you but you haven't shown me much of a grasp of the subject.

In regards to Paul Krugman? You say that you'll take the word of a Nobel Prize winning academic scholar over mine? Need I remind you that Larry Summers AND Christina Romer were noted academic scholars before they headed up Barry's economic "dream team"? Would you like to regale me with all of THEIR successes before they tucked tail and ran back to the safety of their tenured professor's chairs at Harvard and Berkeley? It's a sad fact that someone like myself who ISN'T an "academic scholar" has a better grasp of our economy than people like Summers, Romer and Krugman. I guess that goes to the old saying..."those who can...DO...those who can't...TEACH".

I

Eventually - but that will happen with or without ACA.

and at least now the beauracracy surrounding such a pitiful system will be massively increased. Why do republicans hate jobs so?

I don't think they hate jobs so much as they hate messing with a money making industry. Insurance is just one link in the chain.

You realize don't you that it would be Obama that has handed 1/6 of the U.S. economy to the.. wait for it..INSURANCE companies? He agreed to increase their customer count by millions by force. He also cut a deal with the drug companies to allow them to charge whatever they want for their drugs as long as they advertised in favor of his healthcare takeover. As to jobs, do you really think that businesses are going to suddenly start hiring now that what they were offering as a benefit as now become their responsibility. Your president has insisted that in order to offer someone a job, you must in a sense take them to raise because employees must be too stupid to make the payments for their own insurance. I don't know about other employers but I'm tired of being the government's unpaid tax collector.

Forum List

Back