Obama OWNS Tax Increases

Yes, Obama OWNS Tax Increases; however, the "mandate" originated with Republicans. In other words, they were for it before they were against it. Republicans had every opportunity to reform healthcare - but they did not.

More: Why Republicans Oppose the Individual Health-Care Mandate : The New Yorker

Let me get this right. You are advocating 'legislation by think tanks? Regardless of how far back?'
Holy fucking shit now obamacare originated with the Republicans because it was a tax? That's rich.:cuckoo::eusa_whistle:

No, it originated with Republicans because a Republican wrote it and signed it into law in Massachusetts.

Mitt-Romney.jpg

What "tax increases"?

My taxes won't go up. How will yours?

I know, right? These idiots can't figure out that this shit is a moneymaker! It's like they don't know what the first "A" in ACA stands for.

Maybe you didn't get the "memo" on this, Pho but the CBO just revised it's estimates of what ObamaCare is going to cost us over it's first ten years. Only 800 billion dollars MORE than what Barry told us it would. What exactly is "affordable" about this?

Bzzzzzzzzzzz. Wrong. Even the Conservative Nationalist Review calls bullshit on you. Even as they were trashing it, the author had the balls to be HONEST about the CBO projections.

No, Obamacare

None of this, of course, indicates that Obamacare is anything less than the Brobdingnagian bureaucracy we’ve always known it to be. And there was indeed plenty of fishy accounting in the bill (the late CLASS Act being a perfect example). But the CBO’s new projections don’t substantially alter the picture we got in 2010, and it’s utterly dishonest to claim otherwise.

Nope, they said no to it when Pres. Obama took the idea himself. That and a myriad other things they said no to earned them the moniker. I know you know this, too, so your twisting words around won't work on me.

As for "Obamatax", I don't give a shit. I just think it's a cute little term you guys came up with. I'm sure that's gonna be picked up by wingnut politicians all over the country if it hasn't been already. :)

This is a tax it's obamatax obama knew it was a tax when he tried to sale guess what you fell for it, now how many more time are you going to fall for what obama says?

Ok, it's a tax. The Chief Justice defined it as such. I don't care.

I don't know why anyone should care if it's called a tax, a fine, a penalty, or any other name for punishment. When you do not act appropriately, you should have to pay up. I thought kkkons were all about personal responsibility?

I know, right? These idiots can't figure out that this shit is a moneymaker! It's like they don't know what the first "A" in ACA stands for.

Maybe you didn't get the "memo" on this, Pho but the CBO just revised it's estimates of what ObamaCare is going to cost us over it's first ten years. Only 800 billion dollars MORE than what Barry told us it would. What exactly is "affordable" about this?

It's the "Affordable Care Act" you simpleton.

Ah, since the CBO just upped the ante by almost 50%, Pho...it's getting harder and harder for anyone to use that title without getting red in the face. "Affordable"? Yeah, right...

It's the "Affordable Care Act" you simpleton.

Ah, since the CBO just upped the ante by almost 50%, Pho...it's getting harder and harder for anyone to use that title without getting red in the face. "Affordable"? Yeah, right...

*cough* Quit avoiding the link I posted*cough*

Bzzzzzzzzzzz. Wrong. Even the Conservative Nationalist Review calls bullshit on you. Even as they were trashing it, the author had the balls to be HONEST about the CBO projections.

No, Obamacare

None of this, of course, indicates that Obamacare is anything less than the Brobdingnagian bureaucracy we’ve always known it to be. And there was indeed plenty of fishy accounting in the bill (the late CLASS Act being a perfect example). But the CBO’s new projections don’t substantially alter the picture we got in 2010, and it’s utterly dishonest to claim otherwise.

Let me get this right. You are advocating 'legislation by think tanks? Regardless of how far back?'
Holy fucking shit now obamacare originated with the Republicans because it was a tax? That's rich.:cuckoo::eusa_whistle:

No, it originated with Republicans because a Republican wrote it and signed it into law in Massachusetts.

Mitt-Romney.jpg

Stop right there son we're talking about Massachusetts. it was controlled by the democrats. Romney signed what the state wanted.

Mitt-Romney.jpg

Stop right there son we're talking about Massachusetts. it was controlled by the democrats. Romney signed what the state wanted.
He took full credit for it. Now he's trying very hard to pretend it is different, somehow.

No, Obamacare

What's amusing to me, Conserva...is that you were perfectly OK with the original estimates that the Obama Administration got from the CBO which used the first years where money was being taken in but not paid out...but bridle at a ten year projection that no longer has those years in it. Which, pray tell is more representative of what ObamaCare is actually going to cost us in the future? The smoke and mirrors estimate that the Obama people used to hide the true costs? Or the revised CBO estimates that examine what our costs will be for the next ten years?

PS...I have no reasons to "avoid" anything you cite. The facts are clear. The costs of ObamaCare were hidden by this Administration by front loading the collection part of the bill and holding off on the part where they are paying out.

Last edited:

No, Obamacare

What's amusing to me, Conserva...is that you were perfectly OK with the original estimates that the Obama Administration got from the CBO which used the first years where money was being taken in but not paid out...but bridle at a ten year projection that no longer has those years in it. Which, pray tell is more representative of what ObamaCare is actually going to cost us in the future? The smoke and mirrors estimate that the Obama people used to hide the true costs? Or the revised CBO estimates that examine what our costs will be for the next ten years?

I don't bridle at what it costs because I know that all they'd have to do is eliminate the Bush Tax Cuts and they'd pay for it.

No, Obamacare

I don't bridle at what it costs because I know that all they'd have to do is eliminate the Bush Tax Cuts and they'd pay for it.

Even though that flies in the face of accepted Keynesian economic theory never to raise taxes in a struggling economy? Now you're even MORE amusing, Conserva! You want to pay for a terrible piece of legislation by enacting an economic policy that will make the economy even worse than it is now resulting in even lower revenues than we now have.

Last edited:

Even though that flies in the face of accepted Keynesian economic theory never to raise taxes in a struggling economy? Now you're even MORE amusing, Conserva! You want to pay for a terrible piece of legislation by enacting an economic policy that will make the economy even worse than it is now resulting in even lower revenues than we now have.

Which economists are telling you that shit? They're lying to you son.

Here's a Nobel Prize Winning Economist's take:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/23/opinion/23krugman.html

Forum List

Back