Obama OWNS Tax Increases

OldStyle -

Actually, I'm a little right of centre, politically.

This shouldn't mean common sense has to leave the building, and espousing a model in which 1% of Americans control 38% of the wealth is neither conservatism nor democracy - it's plutocratic tyranny.

As mentioned, governments right around the world sought to increase their tax take in light of the recession, as revenues fell away in other forms of taxes. Luckily, in most genuine democracies it is possible to act for the government to act to the benefit of the economy, whereas in the US, the politics are so childish the country seems unable to save itself.

One example of this - the US is now the only democracy in the world without VAT - the most effective way of reaping income from the shadow economy, and distributing the tax burden across those who consume. It's a tax backed by every conservative party in the world - except in the US. Why?

Because two party politics have simply locked your government into a straightjacket, in which politicans will not do what they know they should do.

As for why we don't have a value added tax here in the US? Good luck getting Democrats to vote for what is essentially a "regressive" tax! That SO isn't going to be happening under this Administration. I'm sure that conservatives here in the US WOULD support a VAT as long as it wasn't an additional tax levied above and beyond what is already being assessed because it broadens the tax base and forces more people to have "skin" in the game so to speak. You are never going to get progressives to go for that however because it would mean that millions of people who now pay zero Federal tax would henceforth be paying and if the Dems allowed THAT to happen they would lose their entitlement base.

Here's a novel concept...how about we eliminate government waste...keep taxes where they are or restructure the tax code to broaden the tax base while eliminating loopholes? That would actually FIX things.

Yes, Obama OWNS Tax Increases; however, the "mandate" originated with Republicans. In other words, they were for it before they were against it. Republicans had every opportunity to reform healthcare - but they did not.

More: Why Republicans Oppose the Individual Health-Care Mandate : The New Yorker

Let me get this right. You are advocating 'legislation by think tanks? Regardless of how far back?'

What "legislation"? I'm simply saying the "mandate" was originally a right-wing suggestion. Have you ever wondered why Republicans never tried to reform healthcare? So have I...

obamatax is not a suggestion asswarp.

Let me get this right. You are advocating 'legislation by think tanks? Regardless of how far back?'

What "legislation"? I'm simply saying the "mandate" was originally a right-wing suggestion. Have you ever wondered why Republicans never tried to reform healthcare? So have I...

I love the speed of the liberal spin machine works now just because obamatax is a tax it's a GOP suggestion. I thought the GOP was the party of no.

I love the speed of the liberal spin machine works now just because obamatax is a tax it's a GOP suggestion. I thought the GOP was the party of no.

It's really funny to watch. They know they've fucked up the entire country so now it's gotta be a "suggestion" of the Republicans, they can't fucking take responsibility for a fucking thing.

It's really funny to watch. They know they've fucked up the entire country so now it's gotta be a "suggestion" of the Republicans, they can't fucking take responsibility for a fucking thing.

Remember the GOP is the party of NO

Well, just wait til the President starts speaking out in favor of breathing.

Since you hold on to every word he says let's hope he does not make that suggestion
Are you another one that's going to spin this as a GOP suggestion?:eusa_whistle:

Since you hold on to every word he says let's hope he does not make that suggestion
Are you another one that's going to spin this as a GOP suggestion?:eusa_whistle:

No. But if by "Obamatax", you're talking about the individual mandate, it may not be a "suggestion", but it was orginally an idea put forth by the GOP. One which they said "no" to once it was picked up by a Dem President.

Btw, that's really cute...Obamatax. lol

No. But if by "Obamatax", you're talking about the individual mandate, it may not be a "suggestion", but it was orginally an idea put forth by the GOP. One which they said "no" to once it was picked up by a Dem President.

isn't your fucking sig line a little big?

So all that bull shit about the GOP being the party of NO is just that total bullshit?
It's an obama tax because it would not have passed in the courts now live with it.

So all that bull shit about the GOP being the party of NO is just that total bullshit?
It's an obama tax because it would not have passed in the courts now live with it.

They said "no" to their own plan, didn't they? What kind of fucked up logic are you trying to use to say that's wrong?

:lol:

They said "no" to their own plan, didn't they? What kind of fucked up logic are you trying to use to say that's wrong?

How can they be the party of no and make a suggest that becomes law?:eusa_whistle:
Logic? like the spin that this is anything GOP THAT'S TOTAL BULLSHIT THIS IS OBAMATAX

Last edited:

How can they be the party of no and make a suggest that becomes law?:eusa_whistle:
Logic? like the spin that this is anything GOP THAT'S TOTAL BULLSHIT THIS IS OBAMATAX

Nope, they said no to it when Pres. Obama took the idea himself. That and a myriad other things they said no to earned them the moniker. I know you know this, too, so your twisting words around won't work on me.

As for "Obamatax", I don't give a shit. I just think it's a cute little term you guys came up with. I'm sure that's gonna be picked up by wingnut politicians all over the country if it hasn't been already. :)

Last edited:
What "tax increases"?

My taxes won't go up. How will yours?

I know, right? These idiots can't figure out that this shit is a moneymaker! It's like they don't know what the first "A" in ACA stands for.

Maybe you didn't get the "memo" on this, Pho but the CBO just revised it's estimates of what ObamaCare is going to cost us over it's first ten years. Only 800 billion dollars MORE than what Barry told us it would. What exactly is "affordable" about this?

Nope, they said no to it when Pres. Obama took the idea himself. That and a myriad other things they said no to earned them the moniker. I know you know this, too, so your twisting words around won't work on me.

As for "Obamatax", I don't give a shit. I just think it's a cute little term you guys came up with. I'm sure that's gonna be picked up by wingnut politicians all over the country if it hasn't been already. :)

This is a tax it's obamatax obama knew it was a tax when he tried to sale guess what you fell for it, now how many more time are you going to fall for what obama says?

What "tax increases"?

My taxes won't go up. How will yours?

I know, right? These idiots can't figure out that this shit is a moneymaker! It's like they don't know what the first "A" in ACA stands for.

Maybe you didn't get the "memo" on this, Pho but the CBO just revised it's estimates of what ObamaCare is going to cost us over it's first ten years. Only 800 billion dollars MORE than what Barry told us it would. What exactly is "affordable" about this?

It's the "Affordable Care Act" you simpleton.

This is a tax it's obamatax obama knew it was a tax when he tried to sale guess what you fell for it, now how many more time are you going to fall for what obama says?

Ok, it's a tax. The Chief Justice defined it as such. I don't care.

Forum List

Back