Obama Owes GOP, Big Time

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
The GOP allowed cameras into their little get together where Obama was invited to speak.

The GOP was civil and gave it their best shot, but according to every talking head I've seen this weekend...Liberal, Moderate and Conservative...the consensus is Obama came away well. Even the great con man, Roger Ailes, gave Obama high marks.

Obama was seen as rational, sane, reasoned, well spoken, factual and humorous....

except the wingnuts here and elsewhere seem to have come away with another take. Seems mo matter what Obama does...the infection that is hate...warps the perceptions.

your hate (and you know who you are), is infecting you so deeply within your very being...I am becoming concerned for you all.

*grin
:cool:
D.

The GOP allowed cameras into their little get together where Obama was invited to speak.

The GOP was civil and gave it their best shot, but according to every talking head I've seen this weekend...Liberal, Moderate and Conservative...the consensus is Obama came away well. Even the great con man, Roger Ailes, gave Obama high marks.

Obama was seen as rational, sane, reasoned, well spoken, factual and humorous....

except the wingnuts here and elsewhere seem to have come away with another take. Seems mo matter what Obama does...the infection that is hate...warps the perceptions.

your hate (and you know who you are), is infecting you so deeply within your very being...I am becoming concerned for you all.

*grin
D.

I am not so sure Obama owes them anything. The GOP came away from the meeting with a very big weight lifted off their shoulders. After Obama admitted that he had seen, read and even incorporated some of the GOP ideas, no one who wants to be taken seriously can call the GOP, "The party of NO" any longer.

*grin
D.

I am not so sure Obama owes them anything. The GOP came away from the meeting with a very big weight lifted off their shoulders. After Obama admitted that he had seen, read and even incorporated some of the GOP ideas, no one who wants to be taken seriously can call the GOP, "The party of NO" any longer.
Obama said he did so and that the GOP still said no...to the ''incorporated'' ideas ''of the GOP'' and that stands.

The GOP will no longer be viewed as the party of obstruction the day they cease to say NO to even their own ideas

The GOP needs to say yes. Yes, when doing so will suit more than their narrow goals. Saying no all the time at the expense of the national good keeps the GOP in the darkness of petty partanship. Saying yes for the national good, would bring the GOP back into the light of reason and rationality.

Yawn.

We cannot compromise with a Marxist Ideologue

Not only could you not compromise, you couldn't even get your talking points across. Not that you didn't try mind you....

Talking points? If CrusaderFrank came armed with talking points instead of nitwitticisms, he'd at least be taken seriously by a healthy minority here. As it is, even most of the RWL @ USMB shy away from him.

Yawn.

We cannot compromise with a Marxist Ideologue

Not only could you not compromise, you couldn't even get your talking points across. Not that you didn't try mind you....

Talking points? If CrusaderFrank came armed with talking points instead of nitwitticisms, he'd at least be taken seriously by a healthy minority here. As it is, even most of the RWL @ USMB shy away from him.

True dat!

True dat!

Poor Crusader Frank, no respect.
*grin

only the far left loony bins could take a win from obama's q&a with the repubs....

as was pointed out above.................obama admitted the gop is not the party of no ideas and 'no'......so, you hacks that keep stroking yourselves over this false claim are nothing but democratic homosexual masturbaters

only the far left loony bins could take a win from obama's q&a with the repubs....

as was pointed out above.................obama admitted the gop is not the party of no ideas and 'no'......so, you hacks that keep stroking yourselves over this false claim are nothing but democratic homosexual masturbaters

Well, he admitted that they have ideas but the GOP is still the party of "no" until they start to say "yes" to some things.

But that leads to the best point Obama made ....

I thought the best and most cutting point that Obama made was when he told the GOP that they have put themselves in the tough position where they can't agree or go along with anything the Administration does because they have been telling their constituients all year that that the Obama Administration was doing all sorts of terrible things with the intent of destroying the nation. He's right.

Hopefully, that set off some light bulbs in their heads and they, too, will take a different attitude or approach towards things in the future.

I doubt it though. I expect more of the same from the White House and both parties in Congress and that this was all just lip service.

Well, he admitted that they have ideas but the GOP is still the party of "no" until they start to say "yes" to some things.

I thought the best and most cutting point that Obama made was when he told the GOP that they have put themselves in the tough position where they can't agree or go along with anything the Administration does because they have been telling their constituients all year that that the Obama Administration was doing all sorts of terrible things with the intent of destroying the nation. He's right.

Hopefully, that set off some light bulbs in their heads and they, too, will take a different attitude or approach towards things in the future.

I doubt it though. I expect more of the same from the White House and both parties in Congress and that this was all just lip service.
Obama put the GOP on the spot...on their home turf...on national television. I call that a brilliant political move and a win.

The GOP is struggling under the whip and wit of Chairman Steele. I sometimes think Steele is the true Manchurian candidate of the GOP. When they elected him they got themselves a real character.

*grin

ANOTHER good point Obama made was that the GOP cannot say "no" just because 100% or 80% of their "ideas" do not make it into a particular bill. I think Obama was trying to explain "compromise" to them, but I doubt any of them got it. They were too busy loading up with their silly talking points.

*grin
D.

We can't call them "The party of NO" anymore?

Does this mean they voted YES on the healthcare bill?

Obama put the GOP on the spot...on their home turf...on national television. I call that a brilliant political move and a win.

The GOP is struggling under the whip and wit of Chairman Steele. I sometimes think Steele is the true Manchurian candidate of the GOP. When they elected him they got themselves a real character.

*grin

save your breath, these hacks don't care what anybody says. Just look at the responses "ONly the looney left blah blah blah" all while not stating any reasoning why Obama didn't do well.

It's pathetic

At this point, though, some of these guys have whipped their constituencies into such an anti-Obama frenzy that taking a different attitude or approach may not be an option for them.

Didja happen to catch, btw, how Sen. DeMint recently lied about his Obama Waterloo statement from last year? Kinda makes one think that maybe some GOP congresscritters are rethinking their conduct.

Maybe, but the Prez said himself both Wednsday and Friday last week that there are some things that can't be worked out between the two factions because of core philosophical differences.

*grin

save your breath, these hacks don't care what anybody says. Just look at the responses "ONly the looney left blah blah blah" all while not stating any reasoning why Obama didn't do well.

It's pathetic
true dat.

I think I pos repped Erik's post instead of yours. :lol: consider yourself pos repped.

*grin
D.

Obama said he did so and that the GOP still said no...to the ''incorporated'' ideas ''of the GOP'' and that stands.

The GOP will no longer be viewed as the party of obstruction the day they cease to say NO to even their own ideas
The GOP needs to say yes. Yes, when doing so will suit more than their narrow goals. Saying no all the time at the expense of the national good keeps the GOP in the darkness of petty partanship. Saying yes for the national good, would bring the GOP back into the light of reason and rationality.

That is funny. They have painted themselves into a corner and are yelling at everyone but the paint.

How can you work with people you told your base were "palling around with terrorists"? If you worked with them, your base would wonder why you were working with people who want to "destroy America". Political suicide.

Forum List

Back