Obama outlaws more light bulbs on his way out the door

Time to stock up. Table lamps are 3ways with reveal bulbs.
How free are you when govt can stroke of a pen outlaw common everyday items

How free are you when there is govt? Well, maybe more free than if there were no government.

You live in a society, freedom includes responsibilities.
Uummmmmmmm .......Uummmmmmmm choice and competition.........Your post is drivel

How free are you when there is govt? Well, maybe more free than if there were no government.

Why do you think it's drivel?

Do you not have any responsibilities as a member of your society?

Do you have total freedom in your society?

Drivel with hope and change on top.......What responsibility do I exercise or perform when O exercises his tyrannical tendency

I LOVE my LED light bulbs

Thanks President Obama

Drivel with hope and change on top.......What responsibility do I exercise or perform when O exercises his tyrannical tendency

Well, he represents the people, doesn't he? I mean, lots of things have been made illegal that you wouldn't think should be.

Anyway, BUSH W. Made the law in the first place

Leave it conservatives to be stuck on their ignorance. Most developed and even some third world countries have phased out light bulbs that are harmful to the environment.

Energy saving light bulbs cost slightly more but last longer than incandescent light bulbs. You actually save money in the long run.

Slightly more????????????

I paid $11.00 for a 150 watt light bulb last week!

That's ONE bulb!

But they last much longer. I hardly buy light bulbs anymore since switching to energy savers. Perhaps the price should be reduced. As in other countries they only run about 3-5 bucks.

But the thing is you use less of them unlike incandescent bulbs.

I have CFLs that consistently fail BEFORE an incandescent in a lot of my applications. My own anecdotal evidence says they are not worth it.

Freedom doesn't include the responsibility to comply with the whims of some Bureaucrat.

Why do you think it's drivel?

Do you not have any responsibilities as a member of your society?

Do you have total freedom in your society?
You have the responsibility not to use violence in your dealings with other people and to provide your family with food, shelter and clothing. Other than that, it's all fascism.

Even though it sounds stupid outlawing a light bulb, the importance lies where most don't understand or have no idea about.
1. by taking these bulbs away which are affordable to mostly everyone at this point. It begins to force people into having to buy the alleged gov. approved light bulbs it begins to move people into more expensive type bulbs it create a money market for certain corporations because people are forced to buy them now.

or compare it to Organic foods, if we were forced to buy organic food because we had no choice it would not benefit the people but the Organic food industy.

Are you having problems buying light bulbs?

The reality is when I was a kid a light bulb was a light bulb and it lost its ability to work after a short while. Now we have these energy saving bulbs and I save money in the long term. I've been living in this place for 2 years now and I haven't changed the energy saving bulbs once. I've had to replace the normal ones, and replaced them with energy saving ones.
That's all fine for practical reasons but some people like to generate an ambience. Whatever happened to pro-choice?

And who is saying they can't generate an ambience? They're not banning all light bulbs in the world. You can buy more efficient light bulbs that do the same thing you know.

Pro-choice doesn't mean you can choose EVERYTHING.
Nope, incandescents aren't duplicated by fluorescent or led. Many people can't tell the difference. No biggie. It's their own personal ignorance. But when they impose that ignorance onto others, that's fascism.

Fascism huh?

If you want a certain ambience, there are plenty of ways of achieving this. The light bulb industry was fully behind these changes anyway, so it's quite simple to say that it would probably have happened anyway, all this law did was make one federal law rather than 50 state ones which the industry would have had to figure out. But hey, you keep up the fascism talk.
Let's outlaw led and florescents, just for you.

Just because you and your tasteless, ignorant ilk have no eye doesn't mean you have the moral authority to impose your tasteless ignorance onto everyone.

What the hell are you talking about taste and having an eye for something for?

You're making attacks, and I have no idea why. I mean I could easily guess, and in most cases people attack because they don't have the ability to make a good argument, would I be right?
Ambience. Lighting, visuals. It requires an eye to appreciate. Outlawing taste in the name of a fascist agenda. It would be like legislating all black and white movies to be colorized. No problem with people who can't comprehend the difference. That's their own personal issue. But forcing that ignorance on those who can recognize the difference is nothing short of fascism.

Again, the choice of having certain types of lighting is still there. Why you think that has gone away, I have NO idea.
It is NOT there. That's what the thread is about. Obama imposing more fascism. I light my yard in warm weather months that with GE bug lights. They create a hue that isn't duplicated. If you can't tell the difference, I don't care. But I can and when I'm denied that choice, that freedom, it needs to be pointed out for the fascism it is.

Do you think you can live with it? Or will you go crazy because you can't have the color you had before?
I believe the market could accommodate as long as the impediment of the fascism of left wing government was removed.

I don't like CFL's, they're too hard to wire up and they break too easily. LED's are much easier to customize and program. That said I still don't know what I'm going to do for globe bulbs, the LED replacements are ugly as fuck and none of my globe fixtures are covered, well except my island light has marbled glass shades - It's a handcrafted Italian fixture that goes with my dining room light, also can't find LED candle replacements I like either. :/

Probably going to end up making my own.

Are you having problems buying light bulbs?

The reality is when I was a kid a light bulb was a light bulb and it lost its ability to work after a short while. Now we have these energy saving bulbs and I save money in the long term. I've been living in this place for 2 years now and I haven't changed the energy saving bulbs once. I've had to replace the normal ones, and replaced them with energy saving ones.
That's all fine for practical reasons but some people like to generate an ambience. Whatever happened to pro-choice?

And who is saying they can't generate an ambience? They're not banning all light bulbs in the world. You can buy more efficient light bulbs that do the same thing you know.

Nope, incandescents aren't duplicated by fluorescent or led. Many people can't tell the difference. No biggie. It's their own personal ignorance. But when they impose that ignorance onto others, that's fascism.

Fascism huh?

If you want a certain ambience, there are plenty of ways of achieving this. The light bulb industry was fully behind these changes anyway, so it's quite simple to say that it would probably have happened anyway, all this law did was make one federal law rather than 50 state ones which the industry would have had to figure out. But hey, you keep up the fascism talk.

You're trying to use emotion instead of logic on an argument, it's not going to last very long, is it?

Fascism huh?

You're trying to use emotion instead of logic on an argument, it's not going to last very long, is it?
Your lack of appreciation of asthetics is totally logical per this discussion.

Fascism huh?

Your assumptions are totally illogical, but hey, you just keep it up.

Fascism huh?

You insist that it's OK for the gov to dictate choice and how people can live their lives. All because you lack the eye and think that you should usurp the choices of those with an eye.
Fascism. Ignorance -based fascism.

Fascism huh?

You insist that it's OK for the gov to dictate choice and how people can live their lives. All because you lack the eye and think that you should usurp the choices of those with an eye.
Fascism. Ignorance -based fascism.

So you're an anarchist then?

I believe that there should be a certain amount of control and regulation. I do not believe in unregulated Capitalism. Do you?

Forum List

Back