Obama orders health insurance for government's seasonal firefighters

Oh look a bunch of idiots who know nothing about seasonal firefighters acting like they know what the hell they're talking about.

Seasonal firefighters work a few months out of the year. They are drug addicts, alcoholics, and felons, largely, who do not work the rest of the year. They don't make enough in a year to pay for this fucking insurance.

Plus they work in a high risk job..high risk of injury and illness...not to mention high risk of overdose and fatal fucking tooth decay from years of meth abuse. They routinely get drunk and drive a truck full off cliffs, killing and maiming a good half dozen a shot.

Fucking liberals are idiots. I get neg reps from idiots who accuse me of being stupid and on welfare (wtf?) but for the people who ARE on welfare (at least most of the year) and who don't pay their child support and who are drug addicted freaks...why nothing is too good for THOSE people. Make the normal people pay through the nose!!!!

This is sarcasm, right?

There's simply no possible way anyone with a decent conscience can up and write the crap I read here without giving the authors of said crap any thought before posting it. All this hate and vitriol against anything this President is here for any and all to read. Seems I am given proof positive on many claims I have been stating for many moons regarding you blind con followers. Yup, just as I thought with exception to a few con's here, no matter what this PRESIDENT does will never be good in your closed minds. This serious flaw with those on this mini-movement is they apparently have no morals, values, compassion, etc.....need I go on? As well, this explains to me in clear and concise terms WHY the con majority in the House of Rep's is thee way they are. They are answering to a radical right-wing minority that are no better than a foreign terrorist imho and really is no wonder why nothing of value for the "working majority" in this once great nation ever gets done. Where's the shame?

Last edited:
Obama says part-time firefighters can buy employee health insurance - The Washington Post

Federal firefighters regularly work in a burning hell. But many are allowed to work only 1,039 hours, just under six months, not including overtime. That makes them part-timers who are not eligible to secure health insurance through the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP).

Until now.

President Obama met with firefighters during his trip to a Colorado fire area last month. Now, his administration plans to issue interim regulations allowing them to buy health insurance just like other employees.

so Obama can just issue whatever he wants now..
we don't have a President people, we have a king

That's the part that's frightening, he has a method of RULE that says let it be written, let it be done. He just overturned an act of Congress by ending the welfare to work program without even notifying Congress what he was doing.

This is a true imperial presidency.

Remember how the R fought against health care insurance for the 9/11 first responders? Even when they finally passed the bill, they made sure that the most common disease caused by their heroism - cancer - would not be covered.

the Roman ideal of firemen was began by Augustus. He was merely also using them as soldiers.
Today's firemen fight fires. I endear these people more than the police. This is a positive rection para-military force They are considered under welfare in the US fed buget though, same as police.

Remember how the R fought against health care insurance for the 9/11 first responders? Even when they finally passed the bill, they made sure that the most common disease caused by their heroism - cancer - would not be covered.

As my republican/conservative step dad that was a stock broker(investment /securities management also) would say, "can't save the world"

Good job!

At the very least..the heroes fighting the nation's fires deserve health care. It's a hazardous job.

I would hope they were covered by Workers' Comp while on the job.

Worker's Comp and OSHA have been eliminated in the Ryan budget plan; according to Ryan they are an example of government waste and another scam to use taxpayer money to benefit spoiled lazy government employees (missing from his cuts were a reduction in the benefits and salary and per diem of members of congress. Surely an oversight).

If there is a fire coming toward your house do you want it put out or not? If you are against this, then I would hope nobody applies to be a firefighter. Let the peoples houses burn. Americans. They want it all, for nothing.

I thought Obamacare already made it possible for every American to afford insurance?

:eusa_whistle:

A good start for you would be to understand what is in it? Much of the program won't go into affect until 2014. Worry not con crusader, the con's will try and defund it just like the consumer protection act and will pay the price at the polls by the people who matter - ones that can see past the monied interests.

You see, the con's cannot win based on facts, truth, etc. so they're going after those who vote trying to focus on folks who vote mostly democratic. If they can't and won't win on the up and up, they'll TRY and change the rules to suit their ultimate power trip.

Of course it is free, and the taxpayer gets fucked.

It is the Owebama way.

Who do the Rs think should pay the salaries and benefits to those who save their lives and homes from fire?

This is a tiny bit of money. I mean, really tiny.

Are you rw's really so stinking cheap and so full of hate, you don't even want to help the guys who are right there, in your yard, when you need them.

I thought Obamacare already made it possible for every American to afford insurance?

:eusa_whistle:

A good start for you would be to understand what is in it? Much of the program won't go into affect until 2014. Worry not con crusader, the con's will try and defund it just like the consumer protection act and will pay the price at the polls by the people who matter - ones that can see past the monied interests.

You see, the con's cannot win based on facts, truth, etc. so they're going after those who vote trying to focus on folks who vote mostly democratic. If they can't and won't win on the up and up, they'll TRY and change the rules to suit their ultimate power trip.

Gramps SAYS he's a small business owner. He stands to make pretty good chunk of cash because of the Affordable Care Act so one would think he would make some effort to learn about it.

But no, its more fun to bitch about something he obviously knows nothing about.

They're temporary, seasonal workers.

And they're getting FEDERAL health insurance.

This is fucking insane.

As my republican/conservative step dad that was a stock broker(investment /securities management also) would say, "can't save the world"

That's not what those incredibly courageous people said when they went into those building to save the lives of people they didn't even know.

"...can't change the world ..." That's a horribly insensitive thing to say about THIS subject. Fire fighters are always there, a phone call away and they never say, "can't save the world" .

Like the insurance for the government employed fire fighters, this is a tiny amount of money in the grand scheme of things but it has the potential to be everything to a man or woman who puts their life on the line for us, no questions asked because they believe they can save that little corner of the world.

Forum List

Back