Obama: NRA rejects compromise on new gun laws

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Sep 26, 2007
Bridge, USS Enterprise
....After the votes, Obama angrily criticized the NRA and senators who voted against the expanded background checks for rejecting a compromise he said was supported by a strong majority of Americans.
"Instead of supporting this compromise, the gun lobby and its allies willfully lied about the bill," Obama told White House reporters.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/17/politi...ate-guns-vote/

Can anyone tell us - specifically - what expansion of gun rights the Obama and/or the supporters of this new law offered gun owners in exchange for a new AW ban and/or universal background checks? That is - what compromise did The Obama offer?

Light on details but the story mentions

However, fierce opposition by the powerful National Rifle Association led a backlash by conservative Republicans and a few Democrats from pro-gun states that doomed key proposals in the gun package, even after they had been watered down to try to satisfy opponents.

Probably had to deal wh background check expansion .

....After the votes, Obama angrily criticized the NRA and senators who voted against the expanded background checks for rejecting a compromise he said was supported by a strong majority of Americans.
"Instead of supporting this compromise, the gun lobby and its allies willfully lied about the bill," Obama told White House reporters.

Can anyone tell us - specifically - what expansion of gun rights the Obama and/or the supporters of this new law offered gun owners in exchange for a new AW ban and/or universal background checks? That is - what compromise did The Obama offer?

No compromise, or even consideration of a compromise until the Feds do what they have to do to force places like NYC to stop infringing on firearm rights. I shouldn't have to wait 3-6 months and pay $1000 for a freaking home use permit for a revolver.

No compromise, or even consideration of a compromise until the Feds do what they have to do to force places like NYC to stop infringing on firearm rights. I shouldn't have to wait 3-6 months and pay $1000 for a freaking home use permit for a revolver.

So if NYC pulls back it's law you'd be ok with this fed bill?

No, I would be more open to discussing it.

Pfffffffffffffffffft.

Light on details but the story mentions
However, fierce opposition by the powerful National Rifle Association led a backlash by conservative Republicans and a few Democrats from pro-gun states that doomed key proposals in the gun package, even after they had been watered down to try to satisfy opponents.
Probably had to deal wh background check expansion .
So... you cannot show where the Obama, et al, actually offered a compromise to the NRA, et al.
Absent said offer, doesn't this make the Obama a liar?

I am not an NRA fan because they do like to compromise.
The best right to bear arms defender is
saflogo.png

they NEVER compromise.

The NYC permit is a local, not federal issue; the Obama, et al, cannot affect a change in NYC laws.
Thus, any such promise is hollow at best,

Pfffffffffffffffffft.

Moron.

I don't live in NYC, they can handle this.

The NYC permit is a local, not federal issue; the Obama, et al, cannot affect a change in NYC laws.

If a locality is breaching the constitution, why can't the federal government step in to assure my rights and privileges as a US citizen?

Pfffffffffffffffffft.

Moron.

Now you're just beng hurtful.

So if you don't live in Alabama you wouldn't have an issue with them outlawing abortion or gay marriage?

If a locality is breaching the constitution, why can't the federal government step in to assure my rights and privileges as a US citizen?

Why is it some gun nuts are so irrational?

Pfffffffffffffffffft.

Moron.

Now you're just beng hurtful.

Idiot.

Are you going to actually add anything to the topic, or are you just some mouth breathing twat-waddle?

So if you don't live in Alabama you wouldn't have an issue with them outlawing abortion or gay marriage?

Nope, as a conservative I believe the control should be local. You and your partner may need to move.

Are you going to actually add anything to the topic, or are you just some mouth breathing twat-waddle?

I haven't seen anything here yet other than mouth breathing twat-waddle. Do you anticipate something serious soon?

Forum List

Back