Obama - no US flag in Haiti

200,000+ people dead in Haiti and you worry about a flag flying?

Fuck me dead.....

Audio | FSRN - Free Speech Radio News

The Haitian government has raised the estimated death toll from the January 12 earthquake to 230,000. That's about the same as from the 2004 Tsunami in Southeast Asia.

The UN says that sanitation is now a primary concern for the thousands of Haitians living in makeshift shelters. According to the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, more than 1.2 million people are living in spontaneous settlements. Rural areas are also straining to deal with nearly half a million people who have fled Port Au Prince to smaller towns.

Someone else said trillions, I said "IF IT'S TRILLIONS" please do try to comprehend better.

I know what you said. But we don't even give the #1 country that receives foreign aid that much.

Last edited:
I think I have a pretty good feel for the situation and I know the difference between a combat theater and a humanitarian theater.

The fact that we occupied the country in the early parts of the 20th century means jack shit. There are US troops on the ground and they are there to help. Raising our flag could actually help our image in the world. It would be nice to see our flag recognized in correlation to a humanitarian mission. Instead, somebody didn't want to hurt any feelings and didn't the Haiti PM to fuck off and start carrying boxes off of the plane.

I'm not saying you don't. I'm merely saying that this situation goes beyond just Obama thinking "I HATE AMERICA, I HATE AMERICA" like the OP seems to be putting forth.

All I'm saying is that their prime minister's immaturity shouldn't stop us from doing what we do best.

I think I have a pretty good feel for the situation and I know the difference between a combat theater and a humanitarian theater.

The fact that we occupied the country in the early parts of the 20th century means jack shit. There are US troops on the ground and they are there to help. Raising our flag could actually help our image in the world. It would be nice to see our flag recognized in correlation to a humanitarian mission. Instead, somebody didn't want to hurt any feelings and didn't the Haiti PM to fuck off and start carrying boxes off of the plane.

I'm not saying you don't. I'm merely saying that this situation goes beyond just Obama thinking "I HATE AMERICA, I HATE AMERICA" like the OP seems to be putting forth.

All I'm saying is that their prime minister's immaturity shouldn't stop us from doing what we do best.

Nor should it stop us from raising our flag in the morning when our troops get out of their sleeping bags and start helping his people.

You know, I remember reading about a time when people in need were inspired when they saw our flag. The sight of our flag meant help was on the way. Now, this administration is ashamed to fly it.
Which is why so many people are ashamed of this administration.

Nor should it stop us from raising our flag in the morning when our troops get out of their sleeping bags and start helping his people.

It shouldn't. But we aren't there to bicker. We're there to help people.

The people know who we are, and we don't need a flag to show we're there helping the most.

I just think the whole "I'm taking my ball and going home" routine is not only immature but inconsiderate when you see how many people have not only died but are in extreme poverty. Levels of poverty that many here in the U.S could never imagine.

It shouldn't. But we aren't there to bicker. We're there to help people.

The people know who we are, and we don't need a flag to show we're there helping the most.

I just think the whole "I'm taking my ball and going home" routine is not only immature but inconsiderate when you see how many people have not only died but are in extreme poverty. Levels of poverty that many here in the U.S could never imagine.

Nobody is saying that we pack our shit and leave over it. I'm saying ignore them, fly the flag, and help people. They aren't going to turn down the help just because we ran the flag up anyway. We have a reputation to rebuild and flying our flag over one of the greatest acts that the US Military has ever done will boost morale and help us regain our place as a great world leader. That is all I am saying.

Nobody is saying that we pack our shit and leave over it. I'm saying ignore them, fly the flag, and help people. They aren't going to turn down the help just because we ran the flag up anyway. We have a reputation to rebuild and flying our flag over one of the greatest acts that the US Military has ever done will boost morale and help us regain our place as a great world leader. That is all I am saying.

And believe it or not, I agree with you completely. We should just fly the flag.

However, Obama decided to not make a issue out of this or whoever decided to.

The only reason I talked about your first sentence in the first place is this:

To hell with that. In 22 years of service and over 14 years outside the USA I never served anywhere that we didn't fly our flag.

If some asswipe in Haiti doesn't think it's a good idea for us to fly our flag, then maybe it's not such a good Idea to pour millions of our Dollars into their little pissant country.

I had just read a article on Haiti on this exact same topic and there were more than a few comments saying the same thing.

Well you are certainly an expert on acting like a spoiled child.

:eusa_whistle:

The only one of us two who is acting like a immature brat with nothing to contribute in this thread thus far is you. Let's see if you can change that. :thup:

You know, I remember reading about a time when people in need were inspired when they saw our flag. The sight of our flag meant help was on the way. Now, this administration is ashamed to fly it.

Personally, I actually pretty comfortable with Obama not dragging our flag into his mud. This POTUS has no idea what being proud of your country means.... him and that wife of his.

He was so unproud of our country that he ran for President. :lol:
When you guys say this crap, you just look like a partisan fool.

And why should we fly our flag at the Haitan airport? It is the HAITIAN airport, not a US airport.

Doggie certainly hasn't paid attention to Obama's Global Apology Tour.

According to Obama and his Awful Wife, America sucked until he became President.

Personally, I actually pretty comfortable with Obama not dragging our flag into his mud. This POTUS has no idea what being proud of your country means.... him and that wife of his.

He was so unproud of our country that he ran for President. :lol:
When you guys say this crap, you just look like a partisan fool.

And why should we fly our flag at the Haitan airport? It is the HAITIAN airport, not a US airport.

It is common practice to fly our flag wherever we have troops on the ground. It is good for morale and in the Army, morale is everything.

And believe it or not, I agree with you completely. We should just fly the flag.

However, Obama decided to not make a issue out of this or whoever decided to.

The only reason I talked about your first sentence in the first place is this:

To hell with that. In 22 years of service and over 14 years outside the USA I never served anywhere that we didn't fly our flag.

If some asswipe in Haiti doesn't think it's a good idea for us to fly our flag, then maybe it's not such a good Idea to pour millions of our Dollars into their little pissant country.

I had just read a article on Haiti on this exact same topic and there were more than a few comments saying the same thing.

And I stick by it. Everyone wants our help and our dollars even when we don't have it to give yet this little nobody doesn't want our flag flying while others are flying theirs? To hell with them. They can cry to France for the help they need. You did notice that the French are flying their flag.

Forum List

Back