Obama - no US flag in Haiti

And I am sure morale is pretty important for the Haitian's also, since they are the ones who lost everything. Who the hell cares, and I am sure there is more important things to worry about in Haiti right now.

I care, when someone whose very life depends upon our troops and support tells me to take my flag down.

If the PM asked us to take it down, then why did the OP attack Obama?
Is Obama suppose to tell a PM no, when the man's country has pretty much lost everything?

Yes. With our troops comes our flag. Our flag is what drives the morale for the troops that are there to help. Simple as that. With one comes the other.

It's clear some people have no rhyme or reason to what they're saying and haven't read the articles that have been posted.
:eusa_eh:

200,000+ people dead in Haiti and you worry about a flag flying?

Fuck me dead.....

That number of people dead, Haiti as a country is a joke, without us, they all starve and they say we can't fly the flag. Well then, let's pack it all up and let the Greeks save their sorry asses.

This is beyond ridiculous. The USA is not obligated to help this failed country. If they want the help, let them beg for it and take it any way we want to give it. Maybe the Ukranians or the Chinese are their better bet.

Screw this piss ant banana republic. Maybe if they all died we could open up a decent resort. Fuck 'em all.

That number of people dead, Haiti as a country is a joke, without us, they all starve and they say we can't fly the flag. Well then, let's pack it all up and let the Greeks save their sorry asses.

This is beyond ridiculous. The USA is not obligated to help this failed country. If they want the help, let them beg for it and take it any way we want to give it. Maybe the Ukranians or the Chinese are their better bet.

Screw this piss ant banana republic. Maybe if they all died we could open up a decent resort. Fuck 'em all.

This is example #3 Crimson.

I wonder if you're a christian Code, I sure hope not.

As for the last part I bolded, go fuck yourself.

I care, when someone whose very life depends upon our troops and support tells me to take my flag down.

Is Obama suppose to tell a PM no, when the man's country has pretty much lost everything?

Yes. With our troops comes our flag. Our flag is what drives the morale for the troops that are there to help. Simple as that. With one comes the other.

Then why did we take in down in the first Gulf War when we took the Kuwait aiport?
Was George Bush not supporting our troops, or did he not want the people of Kuwait to think we conquered their country?

Then why did we take in down in the first Gulf War when we took the Kuwait aiport?
Was George Bush not supporting our troops, or did he not want the people of Kuwait to think we conquered their country?

That was wrong also, however I could not say anything at the time; I was just a bit busy with other things.

That was wrong also, however I could not say anything at the time; I was just a bit busy with other things.

Last time I checked we were not from Rome.

I am not crazy about that one either.

So you have no problem with people thinking we conquered their country?

So you have no problem with people thinking we conquered their country?

Wow. That is a big ass leap you just took.

I could give a rats ass what people's perceptions are. We liberated Kuwait. Just as we liberated Europe in WW2. You think Patton would have complied if someone in France or Belgium had asked him not to fly the flag? I think not. The troops serve our country. When they are overseas, that flag is our country. Even in a humanitarian mission, they are serving the US. Because the CIC sent them. They are always serving our country and when they go to serve, the flag goes with them.

You cannot ask for our military and not get the flag that comes with it. What it stands is why these troops serve and asking them not to fly is a slap in their face.

You know, I remember reading about a time when people in need were inspired when they saw our flag. The sight of our flag meant help was on the way. Now, this administration is ashamed to fly it.

he gave a clue,, "wearing a flag pin on your lapel is false patriotism."

Personally, I actually pretty comfortable with Obama not dragging our flag into his mud. This POTUS has no idea what being proud of your country means.... him and that wife of his.

What's next? Going to call him "that one"? :eusa_eh:

Such ignorance as to not understanding why it's not being flown.

here's the deal,, if the people of Haiti think they are occupied then tell asswipe to leave Haiti.. it's just that fucking simple.

I guess France gets to fly there colors because nobody is worried about France conquering anyone. :lol:

Funny you should mention France.

I feel if people had a little more background about the situation, they'd understand it better.

US accused of 'occupying' Haiti as troops flood in - Telegraph

Haiti was occupied by the US between 1915 and 1935, and historical sensitivities together with friction with other countries over the relief effort has made the Americans cautious about their role in the operation.

American military commanders have repeatedly stressed that they are not entering the country as an occupying force.

US soldiers in Port-au-Prince said they had been told to be discreet about how they carry their M4 assault rifles.

It's a very sticky situation to say the least.

I think I have a pretty good feel for the situation and I know the difference between a combat theater and a humanitarian theater.

The fact that we occupied the country in the early parts of the 20th century means jack shit. There are US troops on the ground and they are there to help. Raising our flag could actually help our image in the world. It would be nice to see our flag recognized in correlation to a humanitarian mission. Instead, somebody didn't want to hurt any feelings and didn't the Haiti PM to fuck off and start carrying boxes off of the plane.

Shades of Rudy Guliani!

here's the deal,, if the people of Haiti think they are occupied then tell asswipe to leave Haiti.. it's just that fucking simple.

:eusa_eh:

I'm sure the people of Haiti would disagree with such actions by the PM but I think they're too busy trying to rebuild their homes, make sure all their dead are buried, and climb their way out of extreme poverty.

I'm sure they'll be protesting this as soon as that's all done with.

(The fact that same exact post is relevant twice in one thread is pathetic.)

Maybe you should show some damn compassion and care more about the damn people. Oh wait, I'm sorry, that's something Jesus would do.

It's disrespectful to fly your Countries flag in another Country. I agree with the moron for once. Next thing yuh know we will be providing Universal Health care for all of Haiti. ~BH

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
I think I have a pretty good feel for the situation and I know the difference between a combat theater and a humanitarian theater.

The fact that we occupied the country in the early parts of the 20th century means jack shit. There are US troops on the ground and they are there to help. Raising our flag could actually help our image in the world. It would be nice to see our flag recognized in correlation to a humanitarian mission. Instead, somebody didn't want to hurt any feelings and didn't the Haiti PM to fuck off and start carrying boxes off of the plane.

I'm not saying you don't. I'm merely saying that this situation goes beyond just Obama thinking "I HATE AMERICA, I HATE AMERICA" like the OP seems to be putting forth.

All I'm saying is that their prime minister's immaturity shouldn't stop us from doing what we do best.

Nor should it stop us from raising our flag in the morning when our troops get out of their sleeping bags and start helping his people.

Spoken like a true patriot. I salute you.

It's disrespectful to fly your Countries flag in another Country. I agree with the moron for once. Next thing yuh know we will be providing Universal Health care for all of Haiti. ~BH

The way I remember things the libtards didn't have a problem when the illegal mexicans marched down OUR streets flying the mexican flag with the American flag flying under it.

Forum List

Back