Obama moves to secure the border

Cute given that half the foot soldiers in the Mexican drug wars are either Mexican cops or Mexican soldiers, why didn't we just give the 700 million to the drug cartels so they could speed up killing each other off?

8 years of NOTHING being done about this issue and now we get serious movement. And you folks piss and whine.

Like I've said, the guy could start shitting golden easter aggs and you'd all still complain.

8 years of NOTHING being done about this issue and now we get serious movement. And you folks piss and whine.

Like I've said, the guy could start shitting golden easter aggs and you'd all still complain.[/QUOTE]

Does this remind you of anybody? Pot?

Securing the border would be easy.........

Get all the returned Iraq vets who have been discharged and are currently unable to find jobs. Preferably nothing less than an Honorable Discharge.

Put 'em in the Border Patrol, and let them start patrolling. Several things here.....in Iraq, our soldiers have been trained for police actions, because that's all they've been doing for the past 5 years, so they're qualified.

They are also US citizens, which means that the money spent would stay here in the states, thus helping to stimulate the economy.

It would also create jobs.

MUCH BETTER than sending money to Mexico to line the pockets of the dirty politicians down there.

Like I've said, the guy could start shitting golden easter aggs and you'd all still complain.[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of a lot of partisan types.

Fact is, the people who have been screaming for more border security won't be happy now because the wrong person moved to secure the border. That is, except for the Sheriffs and the Border Patrol who mostly seem to be pleased with someone who is doing more than sitting on his hands.

Fact is, the people who have been screaming for more border security won't be happy now because the wrong person moved to secure the border. That is, except for the Sheriffs and the Border Patrol who mostly seem to be pleased with someone who is doing more than sitting on his hands.

wrong again.. big fail

what he is doing is sending immigration officials and 700 million dollars to Mexico.. Why?

Didn't governor Rick Perry ask for National Guard and or troops.. He gettin any? :doubt:

Didn't governor Rick Perry ask for National Guard and or troops.. He gettin any? :doubt:

Texas Gov. Rick Perry praised the Obama administration on Tuesday after the president announced a $700 million initiative aimed at working with Mexican law enforcement to support security interests at the Southwest border.

Perry comments on Obama's border plan - Austin Business Journal:

Governor Perry had praise for the new plan.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry praised the Obama administration on Tuesday after the president announced a $700 million initiative aimed at working with Mexican law enforcement to support security interests at the Southwest border.

Perry comments on Obama's border plan - Austin Business Journal:

Governor Perry had praise for the new plan.

so he did! but he didn't get what he asked for did he? Perry said he'd also like to see an increase in personnel. “Although we appreciate the additional investigative resources, what we really need are more border patrol agents and offices at the bridges to conduct increased northbound and southbound inspections, as well as additional funding for local law enforcement along the border to deny Mexican drug cartels access to the United States," he said. No he did not,, and I still don't know how we are going to secure our border when we put our resources in Mexico! We are checking all South bound cars are we not? and!

Last edited:

so he did! but he didn't get what he asked for did he? No he did not,, and I still don't know how we are going to secure our border when we put out resources in Mexico! We are checking all South bound cars are we not?

So then, you just ignore the additional resources on the slate for this side of the border ? Leaving aside the argument that a border, by physical definition, has two sides.

Or perhaps you favor an invasion of Mexico so that we can take care of the other side ?

so he did! but he didn't get what he asked for did he? No he did not,, and I still don't know how we are going to secure our border when we put out resources in Mexico! We are checking all South bound cars are we not?

So then, you just ignore the additional resources on the slate for this side of the border ? Leaving aside the argument that a border, by physical definition, has two sides.

Or perhaps you favor an invasion of Mexico so that we can take care of the other side ?[/QUOTE] I always know when I've made contact with a disingenous hack when they phrase questions in this manner.. so of course you will show me where I said I favor invading Mexico won't you? I'll wait :eusa_whistle:

so he did! but he didn't get what he asked for did he? Perry said he'd also like to see an increase in personnel. “Although we appreciate the additional investigative resources, what we really need are more border patrol agents and offices at the bridges to conduct increased northbound and southbound inspections, as well as additional funding for local law enforcement along the border to deny Mexican drug cartels access to the United States," he said. No he did not,, and I still don't know how we are going to secure our border when we put our resources in Mexico! We are checking all South bound cars are we not? and!

what he is doing is sending immigration officials and 700 million dollars to Mexico.. Why?
I don't know what an immigration official is but I would guess it is someone that works for homeland security and specializes in immigration matters. So why not send more people to help stop the drug trade and/or the people sneaking over the border? It's pretty obvious what we are doing now isn't working.

I still say the best way to solve the problem is to legalize drugs.

I don't know what an immigration official is but I would guess it is someone that works for homeland security and specializes in immigration matters. So why not send more people to help stop the drug trade and/or the people sneaking over the border? It's pretty obvious what we are doing now isn't working.

Yes Ravi I agree, nothing isn't working.. I vote to put troops and National Guard on our side of the border.. as Govenor Perry pleaded for.. yep.. I don't know what our 700 million,, that's almost a billion, dollars will end up doing nor us.. Nada is my guess,, Oh and find and flood those tunnels..

Yes Ravi I agree, nothing isn't working.. I vote to put troops and National Guard on our side of the border.. as Govenor Perry pleaded for.. yep.. I don't know what our 700 million,, that's almost a billion, dollars will end up doing for us.. Nada is my guess,, Oh and find and flood those tunnels..

Or perhaps you favor an invasion of Mexico so that we can take care of the other side ?[/QUOTE] I always know when I've made contact with a disingenous hack when they phrase questions in this manner.. so of course you will show me where I said I favor invading Mexico won't you? I'll wait :eusa_whistle:

You're a real winner.

Maybe you can read again what is happening:

The new federal plan, developed by the departments of Justice and Homeland Security, calls for doubling the number of border security task force teams and moving a significant number of other federal agents, equipment and resources to the border.

To help strengthen the U.S. side of the border further, the administration also plans to triple the number of Department of Homeland Security intelligence analysts dedicated to stopping Mexican-related violence.

It also will make an additional $59 million in federal funds available to support state, local and tribal border law enforcement operations.

At the same time, more agents from the FBI, Drug Enforcement Administration and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and Explosives will be deployed to the border region.

"We are going to continue to monitor the situation, and if the steps we have taken do not get the job done, then we will do more,"

But please, continue to ignore the number of agents being deployed to the border. I wouldn't want to run out of disgruntled republicans.

Ooops....forgot my link.....wouldn't want to give you a technicality to disregard this information with.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/24/obama.mexico.policy/index.html

And I never said you suggested invading Mexico, I jusy asked if perhaps that is what you would do ? Would you ? What would you do about securing the other side ?

Last edited:

I still say the best way to solve the problem is to legalize drugs.[/

QUOTE]

I have asked you at least three times why you would want to inflict drug addiction on your fellow humans?? That just dosen't make sense..It would be kinder to just shoot them.

Yes Ravi I agree, nothing isn't working.. I vote to put troops and National Guard on our side of the border.. as Govenor Perry pleaded for.. yep.. I don't know what our 700 million,, that's almost a billion, dollars will end up doing for us.. Nada is my guess,, Oh and find and flood those tunnels..
Nothing will work unless two things happen. Americans find another way to buy their drugs. The economy in Mexico makes it possible for Mexicans to live in the middle class.

Everything else is just a waste of money.

I have asked you at least three times why you would want to inflict drug addiction on your fellow humans?? That just dosen't make sense..It would be kinder to just shoot them.
Because prohibition increases the crime rate and people are addicted anyway.

Forum List

Back