Obama Misquotes Tea-Party Congresswoman

SniperFire

Feb 28, 2012
Inside Your Head
Another day, another intentional deception of the American public by our POTUS

In a speech today, President Obama misquoted tea-party congresswoman Virginia Foxx (R., N.C.), omitting certain words of a comment she made to give a very different impression of what she had said.

Obama did not name Foxx, referring to her as “one Republican congresswoman.”

“She said she had ‘very little tolerance for people who tell me they graduate with debt because there’s no reason for that,’” Obama told the students at UNC Chapel Hill. “I’m just quoting here, I’m just quoting.”

“She said students who rack up student loan debt are just ‘sitting on their butts having opportunity dumped in your lap,” he added. “I’m reading it here. So I didn’t make this up.”

But the full Foxx quote is very different.

“I have very little tolerance for people who tell me that they graduate with $200,000 of debt or even $80,000 of debt because there’s no reason for that,” Foxx said last week, per the Huffington Post. (Emphasis mine.)

According to a recent study by the New York Fed, 94 percent of student-loan debtors owe $75,000 or less. (Forty-three percent owe $10,000 or less.) So, Foxx was talking about a very small percentage — 6 percent! — of the student-loan debtor population, not all students.

But by omitting that crucial phrase — and Obama did not acknowledge he had omitted any of the quote — the president made Foxx appear to to be lambasting all students who graduate with debt, not the small percentage who graduate with $80,000 or more.'

Obama Misquotes Tea-Party Congresswoman - By Katrina Trinko - The Corner - National Review Online

Used to be it was a very big deal when a POTUS lied to the people.

This guy does it three times before breakfast.

Worst, Ever.

Chris will soon be on this thread saying that when Obama lies, it makes him horny for is Idol (David AxelROD).

My son will graduate from college with a $70k education debt free, because my wife and I are paying for it. Well, other than the small merit scholarship he received based on his academic excellence and ACT scores. That covers $8k over 4 years, so we are on the hook for the other $62k. But then, we got educations and have good jobs. He should be able to get a well paying engineering internship between his sophomore and junior year and his junior and senior year and will probably be able to help pay for his own education. Unfortunately, I'm also having to help foot the bill for people in my state who failed to get a good education and good job, so I'm educating my son and their children as well. We make too much to qualify for financial aid, so we are some of those folks that are giving our "fair share" for making good decisions in life. The other folks get to educate their kids for free on my dime.

Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education | Students | Oklahoma's Promise | How It Works

The taxed and untaxed income of the student's parents may not exceed $50,000 at the time of enrollment in the eighth-, ninth- or 10th grade.

1. In addition, for students eligible to receive the award in college for the first time in 2012-13 and thereafter, the federal adjusted gross income (AGI) of the student's parents (or the income of the student if the student is officially determined to be financially independent of their parents) must also not exceed $100,000 at the time the student begins college and prior to receiving the scholarship.

2. Take 17 units of required high school courses to help get ready for college (see the next section for details). The Oklahoma's Promise Curriculum Worksheet (PDF, 52k) can help you record your grades and make sure you have taken the right courses. You can also get more details about what high school courses count toward the Oklahoma's Promise curriculum.

3. Make a cumulative 2.5 GPA or better in the 17 required units and a cumulative 2.5 GPA for all courses in grades nine-12.2

4. Do your homework.

5. Don't skip school.

6. Don't abuse drugs or alcohol.

7. Don't commit criminal or delinquent acts.

8. Meet with a teacher, counselor or principal to go over your schoolwork and records.

9. Provide information when requested.

10. Apply for other financial aid during your senior year of high school.

11. Take part in Oklahoma's Promise activities that will prepare you for college.

12. For students applying for the program in 2007-08 and thereafter, the student must be a U.S. citizen or lawfully present in the United States at the time they enroll in college in order to receive the scholarship.

Last edited:
My son will graduate from college with a $70k education debt free, because my wife and I are paying for it. Well, other than the small merit scholarship he received based on his academic excellence and ACT scores. That covers $8k over 4 years, so we are on the hook for the other $62k. But then, we got educations and have good jobs. He should be able to get a well paying internship between his sophomore and junior year and his junior and senior year and will probably be able to help pay for his own education. Unfortunately, I'm also having to help foot the bill for people in my state who failed to get a good education and good job, so I'm educating my son and their children as well. We make too much to qualify for financial aid, so we are some of those folks that are giving our "fair share" for making good decisions in life. The other folks get to educate their kids for free on my dime.

Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education | Students | Oklahoma's Promise | How It Works

My son is only now starting to realize just how lucky he is. After 4 years of college at a major university in PA, he will be just $20,000 in debt after his scholarships and grants are accounted for. He almost ended up going to a lesser regarded college in PA, and would have been in debt over $100,000 as their package was not even close to the one he eventually accepted. I talked him out of the higher debt, telling him that by the time he was done, college, he was going to see all kinds of hell in the economy and the lower his debt was, the easier his life would be. He's finishing his 3rd year now... and look at the economy.

When the pseudo-cons misquote a democrat why do the pub all seem to have orgasms? "Unlike some people"

In a speech today, President Obama misquoted tea-party congresswoman Virginia Foxx (R., N.C.), omitting certain words of a comment she made to give a very different impression of what she had said.

“She said she had ‘very little tolerance for people who tell me they graduate with debt because there’s no reason for that,’” Obama told the students at UNC Chapel Hill. “I’m just quoting here, I’m just quoting.”

“She said students who rack up student loan debt are just ‘sitting on their butts having opportunity dumped in your lap,” he added. “I’m reading it here. So I didn’t make this up.”

“I have very little tolerance for people who tell me that they graduate with $200,000 of debt or even $80,000 of debt because there’s no reason for that,” Foxx said last week, per the Huffington Post. (Emphasis mine.)

According to a recent study by the New York Fed, 94 percent of student-loan debtors owe $75,000 or less. (Forty-three percent owe $10,000 or less.) So, Foxx was talking about a very small percentage — 6 percent! — of the student-loan debtor population, not all students.

But by omitting that crucial phrase — and Obama did not acknowledge he had omitted any of the quote — the president made Foxx appear to to be lambasting all students who graduate with debt, not the small percentage who graduate with $80,000 or more.'

Obama Misquotes Tea-Party Congresswoman - By Katrina Trinko - The Corner - National Review Online

Worst, Ever.

yep Obama is Bush III.

When the pseudo-cons misquote a democrat why do the pub all seem to have orgasms? "Unlike some people"

And what has that got to do with this thread ?

When that happens, the libs leave bricks and kittens all over the place complaining about it.

Worst, Ever.

yep Obama is Bush III.

Not even close.

Worst, Ever.

yep Obama is Bush III.

Not even close.

I guess he is not as bad as Bush, but has carried forth the Bush principles.

You don't see the difference between yo-yo's fighting on a message board and the POTUS actively and knowingly attempting to deceive the public?

I wasn't talking about yo-yo's.

More like insinuating the President said something like "Unlike some people, I wasn't born with a silver Spoon in my mouth". He didn't. That was Faux News misquoting.

Or Mrs. Mitt insinuating that Rosen said "Staying home and raising 5 boy wasn't hard work" She didn't say that at all.

More like insinuating the President said something like "Unlike some people, I wasn't born with a silver Spoon in my mouth". He didn't. That was Faux News misquoting.

Or Mrs. Mitt insinuating that Rosen said "Staying home and raising 5 boy wasn't hard work" She didn't say that at all.

Actually that's exactly what Rosen said, she said Ann Romney "never worked a day in her life."

Y'all are reduced to pathetic lies.

Well, you sure the fuck can't run on Obama's record...

Actually that's exactly what Rosen said, she said Ann Romney "never worked a day in her life."

Y'all are reduced to pathetic lies.

Well, you sure the fuck can't run on Obama's record...

That is what she said. Mrs. Mitt misquoted her. No question about it.

But you fall for it all the time. I think it's willful ignorance on your part.

Forum List

Back