Obama Millionaire's Tax: President To Seek New Tax Rate For Wealthy

Actually the poor have gotten richer. Just not as fast as the rich.

Prove it.
Most people in the world would love to live in our definition of poverty.

The following are facts about persons defined as "poor" by the Census Bureau, taken from various government reports:

Forty-three percent of all poor households actually own their own homes. The average home owned by persons classified as poor by the Census Bureau is a three-bedroom house with one-and-a-half baths, a garage, and a porch or patio.

Eighty percent of poor households have air conditioning. By contrast, in 1970, only 36 percent of the entire U.S. population enjoyed air conditioning.

Only 6 percent of poor households are overcrowded. More than two-thirds have more than two rooms per person.

The average poor American has more living space than the average individual living in Paris, London, Vienna, Athens, and other cities throughout Europe. (These comparisons are to the average citizens in foreign countries, not to those classified as poor.)

Nearly three-quarters of poor households own a car; 31 percent own two or more cars
Ninety-seven percent of poor households have a color television; over half own two or more color televisions.

Seventy-eight percent have a VCR or DVD player; 62 percent have cable or satellite TV reception.

Eighty-nine percent own microwave ovens, more than half have a stereo, and more than a third have an automatic dishwasher.
How Poor Are America's Poor? Examining the "Plague" of Poverty in America
That can't be right. The left keeps telling me that poor people live in old refrigerator boxes and in vans down by the river and that I should give more of my money to them.

I am for taxing those 47% that pay no federal income tax yet enjoy the benefits that the rest of us get to pay for. I am for a flat tax, you make a dollar, you pay .10 you make 100 you pay $10, that's the only way it is fair. Buffet is 88 years old, most likely not too together anymore has other people with a brain still left managing his assets and he has Obama presurring him to say stupid stuff, just like the pressure for Solyndra and Lightguard, he gets his minions in there to arm bend. Taxing the wealthy will do nothing to help create jobs, because the government just took money away from the very people they expect to spend the money to create more jobs.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

You know why they aren't taxed federally? Because it would take consumers out of the economy. They would only save save save for end of the year taxes and everything would go purely into taxes.

That isn't an option.

It absolutely should be, why is it fair that I pay more taxes on my income than someone else does on theirs. I work just as hard, maybe harder, more hours, yet I am penalized for my hard work and someone else is rewarded for not working as hard. What's fair about that? They take money from me, am I not a consumer too? because I am. I would consume more if the government quit taking so much of my money. What makes them different from me?? We both are consumers.
They vote Democrat, and should be given lots of your money as a reward.

Right, USMB lefties?

We need to see to it that our most fortutnate citizens are well taken care of.

Otherwise, they'll pack up and move to one of those low-tax countries.

And then what ever will we do without them?

I've never been hired by a poor person. You?

And there'd be no rich without labor.
And two wrongs don't make a right.

Anything else irrelevant you'd like to say?
Because labor is frequently replaced by capital.

And there'd be no rich without labor.
And two wrongs don't make a right.

Anything else irrelevant you'd like to say?
Because labor is frequently replaced by capital.

I would like to see capital replace labor, but i just can't see capital assemblers
So you want all workers out of a job?

I'll give you a few minutes to think about what you said. Because it's obvious you didn't think before you said it.

Forum List

Back