Obama Mega-Donor Calls Women 'Boobs,' 'Bimbos,' 'C*nt'...

Do you think Maher should have treated Palin as a private citizen?

I am a little curious why you seem to be insinuating that it's unforgivable to call a woman a **** or a slut in some circumstances but perfectly acceptable in others. I tend to be of the opinion that it's never acceptable. Must be a liberal thing.

Last edited:

I am a little curious why you seem to be insinuating that it's unforgivable to call a woman a **** or a slut in some circumstances but perfectly acceptable in others. I tend to be of the opinion that it's never acceptable. Must be a liberal thing.

Exactly right. What they don't seem to get is that this shouldn't be an issue surrounding whether it was a private citizen or public figure. Using those particular words to describe a woman should be considered unacceptable either way. But good luck getting that into their liberal heads.

Personally, I would never use the words. But, we're in a free society and people are free to say what they want. That does not mean they get to without repercussions.

Making off-coloured jokes or comments about people who CHOOSE to live their life in the public eye is par for the course. That's why Maher is not in the wrong making comments about Palin or Bachman, but Limbaugh is in the wrong making comments about Fluke. Fluke is a private citizen choosing not to live in the public eye. This means we should respect her privacy, and Limbaugh is not doing that.

This is why I don't fly off the handle at every idiot commenting on Michelle Obama. They are free to be idiots and make idiotic comments about her because she is CHOOSING to live in the public eye.

Your faux outrage is noted though.

If Obama had to make an apologetic phone call to every woman a Leftie called names, he'd be on the phone all day, every day, and he wouldn't be able to get anything done.

Hey! What a great idea!

Fuck! He doesn't do anything now, except campaign. He hasn't done anything except campaign since he was sworn into office in '08. He's also proven himself adept at apologizing...so, why not?

Personally, I would never use the words. But, we're in a free society and people are free to say what they want. That does not mean they get to without repercussions.

Making off-coloured jokes or comments about people who CHOOSE to live their life in the public eye is par for the course. That's why Maher is not in the wrong making comments about Palin or Bachman, but Limbaugh is in the wrong making comments about Fluke. Fluke is a private citizen choosing not to live in the public eye. This means we should respect her privacy, and Limbaugh is not doing that.

This is why I don't fly off the handle at every idiot commenting on Michelle Obama. They are free to be idiots and make idiotic comments about her because she is CHOOSING to live in the public eye.

Your faux outrage is noted though.

Fluke stepped into the public spotlight when she decided to make her stupid declaration.

What a completely, ridiculous, double standard, hypocritical argument. So what you are saying is that someone who is a public figure deserves to be called a **** and someone who just tips their toe in the water but still puts their face on the national stage is immune. Unfuckingbelievable.

And BTW Bodecea....what cowardice that you refuse to address my comments at you, but merely give "thanks" to an 88 rep for allowing him/her to fight your battles...and poorly I might add.

Last edited:
Will Obama Super PAC Return Misogynist Bill Maher's Million-Dollar Donation?

In response to the media firestorm surrounding Rush Limbaugh's insulting comments about Democratic activist Sandra Fluke (comments for which Limbaugh apologized), Kirsten Powers writes about the liberal men who have used misogynistic rhetoric without facing the same outrage. Powers notes that "the grand pooh-bah of media misogyny is without a doubt Bill Maher—who also happens to be a favorite of liberals—who has given $1 million to President Obama’s super PAC." She continues:

Maher has called Palin a “dumb twat” and dropped the C-word in describing the former Alaska governor. He called Palin and Congresswoman Bachmann “boobs” and “two bimbos.” He said of the former vice-presidential candidate, “She is not a mean girl. She is a crazy girl with mean ideas.” He recently made a joke about Rick Santorum’s wife using a vibrator.

Imagine now the same joke during the 2008 primary with Michelle Obama’s name in it, and tell me that he would still have a job. Maher said of a woman who was harassed while breast-feeding at an Applebee’s, “Don't show me your tits!” as though a woman feeding her child is trying to flash Maher. (Here’s a way to solve his problem: don’t stare at a strangers’ breasts). Then, his coup de grâce: “And by the way, there is a place where breasts and food do go together. It’s called Hooters!”

Former White House deputy press secretary Bill Burton, the man who runs Obama's super PAC, did not reply when asked if he will be returning Maher's $1 million donation.

Read More:
Will Obama Super PAC Return Misogynist Bill Maher's Million-Dollar Donation? | The Weekly Standard

I thought you were talking about "normal" women.

Anyone whose speech can be read word for word on Saturday Night Live and be considered for an Emmy in comedy writing is a "twit".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgRA8oTk8ig&feature=related]Tina Fey Quotes Sarah Palin Word For Word - YouTube[/ame]

What a completely, ridiculous, double standard, hypocritical argument. So what you are saying is that someone who is a public figure deserves to be called a **** and someone who just tips their toe in the water but still puts their face on the national stage is immune. Unfuckingbelievable.

And BTW Bodecea....what cowardice that you refuse to address my comments at you, but merely give "thanks" to an 88 rep for allowing him/her to fight your battles...and poorly I might add.

"Deserved"? I never said that. Nice try at putting words in my mouth though.

And how is it a double standard to say one person chooses to live in the public eye and one doesn't?

Sorry Paulitician, scream all you want about it, there's going to be no story about Bill Maher.

It's not equivalent.

Besides, if you're going to blame anybody, blame Rush Limbaugh's sponsors. They are the one who are making it so bad for him.

Bill Maher has no sponsors. He's on HBO.

And how is it a double standard to say one person chooses to live in the public eye and one doesn't?

That in itself is simply a matter of observation. But your own argument is that one who lives in the public eye is fair game to be called a slut, a whore, a ****....but one who sticks their head into the battle zone for only a moment should be considered protected. You liberals are such fucking hypocrites. After the Gabby Giffords shooting you raise hell about the evils of vitriolic rhetoric. You claimed that such rhetoric was why she got shot and condemned the Republicans for it (ignoring the fact that the shooter had no political leaning but was simply a nut) and now here you are saying that calling a political figure a **** and engaging in hate speech against her is a-ok but when it comes back on one of your own...OH NO....MORE HATE SPEECH THAT CANNOT BE TOLERATED.

The only one that cannot see your bullshit is you. Even Bodecea has apparently chosen to simply withdraw rather than engage in what he/she knows good and god damned well is a losing argument. Bodecea has demonstrated cowardice and unrelenting partisanship; a hypocrite who is happy to accuse when the situation is favorable and ignore when it's not. You are on the verge of the same. I have wasted enough time on your insipid, inane, hypocritical arguments. I am going to watch the election returns. I will deal with you tomorrow if I deem you worthy of my continued attention....which currently i don't.

Last edited:

That in itself is simply a matter of observation. But your own argument is that one who lives in the public eye is fair game to be called a slut, a whore, a ****....but one who sticks their head into the battle zone for only a moment should be considered protected. You liberals are such fucking hypocrites. After the Gabby Giffords shooting you raise hell about the evils of vitriolic rhetoric. You claimed that such rhetoric was why she got shot and condemned the Republicans for it (ignoring the fact that the shooter had no political leaning but was simply a nut) and now here you are saying that calling a political figure a **** and engaging in hate speech against her is a-ok but when it comes back on one of your own...OH NO....MORE HATE SPEECH THAT CANNOT BE TOLERATED.

The only one that cannot see your bullshit is you. Even Bodecea has apparently chosen to simply withdraw rather than engage in what he/she knows good and god damned well is a losing argument. Bodecea has demonstrated cowardice and unrelenting partisanship; a hypocrite who is happy to accuse when the situation is favorable and ignore when it's not. You are on the verge of the same.

Why are you choosing to not understand? Why are you choosing to be stupid? Don't be stupid.

Gabby Giffords has no place in this discussion, unless you think putting cross hairs over her district and asking supporters to "take her out" is on par with calling someone a "slut". I don't think it is. So lets stick to the topic at hand, ok?

Beyond that, I think you've grasped my opinion. My opinion is that yes, someone who lives in the public eye is free to be made fun of and insulted, and someone who does not live in the public eye does not. This is in no way hypocritical as I apply this standard to many situations. Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it hypocritical.

I believe private citizens deserve the right to privacy. We disagree. It happens.

The only one that cannot see your bullshit is you. Even Bodecea has apparently chosen to simply withdraw rather than engage in what he/she knows good and god damned well is a losing argument. Bodecea has demonstrated cowardice and unrelenting partisanship; a hypocrite who is happy to accuse when the situation is favorable and ignore when it's not. You are on the verge of the same.

Why are you choosing to not understand? Why are you choosing to be stupid? Don't be stupid.

Gabby Giffords has no place in this discussion, unless you think putting cross hairs over her district and asking supporters to "take her out" is on par with calling someone a "slut". I don't think it is. So lets stick to the topic at hand, ok?

Beyond that, I think you've grasped my opinion. My opinion is that yes, someone who lives in the public eye is free to be made fun of and insulted, and someone who does not live in the public eye does not. This is in no way hypocritical as I apply this standard to many situations. Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it hypocritical.

I believe private citizens deserve the right to privacy. We disagree. It happens.

p.s.

And again, you are completely ignoring intent in both situations.

Maher was clearly trying to be funny and entertaining at the expense of a public person. Limbaugh was clearly trying to be insulting and degrading to a private individual. Intent matters. Don't ignore it.

Sorry Paulitician, scream all you want about it, there's going to be no story about Bill Maher.

It's not equivalent.

Besides, if you're going to blame anybody, blame Rush Limbaugh's sponsors. They are the one who are making it so bad for him.

Bill Maher has no sponsors. He's on HBO.

why is it not equivalent?

p.s.

And again, you are completely ignoring intent in both situations.

Maher was clearly trying to be funny and entertaining at the expense of a public person. Limbaugh was clearly trying to be insulting and degrading to a private individual. Intent matters. Don't ignore it.

ohhh so maher was just kidding? Oh I see, so hes an entertainer?

.....don't be stupid.

Forum List

Back