Obama leaves campaign to be with ailing grandmother

I'm sure I'll be attacked as insensitive but something doesn't add up here. That's all I'll say. We'll see. If his Grandma is ailing I wish her a speedy recovery.

I know. Suspending your campaign usually does wonders for your poll numbers, just ask McCain. :eusa_whistle:

No wonder Obama wanted to fabricate an excuse to suspend his campaign. He saw McCain's poll numbers and figured he would need a stunt to win. :clap2:

Well I did say "Get well soon Grandma"

This campaign is beginning to look like something from the movie Omen.

Though I won't be voting for obama, regardless of grandma, it will be nice if he wins.
I can quit working and live off the rich.

Well if you're mommy and daddy are rich enough, I suppose you can.

Otherwise? God bless the child that's got his own.

Atta boy.

I was starting to miss the days when Cons speculated that Hillary Clinton murdered Vince Foster, and that Bill Clinton was flying cocaine out of latin america into the Mena, Arkansas airport.

Those were the days, weren't they?

The economy was so good even conspiracy theorists could find work (with the RNC)

I wish nothing but the best for Obama's grandmother - as a woman who worked her way up to a fairly prestigious job as a high-powered bank executive in Hawaii at a time when women didn't usually hold such high-powered or high-paying jobs - she seems like she was a force to be reckoned with. Her salary pretty much paid for the expensive life of living in Hawaii and sending her grandson to a costly and well-reputed private school...so she seems like a helluva lady.

As far as Obama's campaign...well he hasn't accepted questions from his traveling press corps since the end of September...so its not like we're going to miss him. This will certainly not hurt his campaign, and in fact, it might help it - although I am in no way implying that he is thinking about it in that way.

BusJ.jpg

"I can no more disown Rev. Wright than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother."

- Obama

I know. Suspending your campaign usually does wonders for your poll numbers, just ask McCain. :eusa_whistle:

No wonder Obama wanted to fabricate an excuse to suspend his campaign. He saw McCain's poll numbers and figured he would need a stunt to win. :clap2:

But he DIDN'T suspend his campaign. This is probably one of the biggest bubbameitzers (old wive's tales) they're spewing... his website was up and taking donations; his ads were running all over TV; his surrogates were all running around the talk show circuit; and the media spent it's time talking about him wanting to "solve the economic crisis"... lol...

I love when they talk about it, though... it reminds everyone how ridiculous he looked when there was a real emergency.

But he DIDN'T suspend his campaign. This is probably one of the biggest bubbameitzers (old wive's tales) they're spewing... his website was up and taking donations; his ads were running all over TV; his surrogates were all running around the talk show circuit; and the media spent it's time talking about him wanting to "solve the economic crisis"... lol...

I love when they talk about it, though... it reminds everyone how ridiculous he looked when there was a real emergency.

"His suspension of his campaign is indicative of his strong affection and love for his grandmother," said state Sen. Clayton Hee, D-23rd, (Kaneohe, Kahuku), an early Obama supporter."

Link here

P.S. I think there's more to this trip then meets the eye...

I'd like to think that Obama isn't using his aged and ailing grandmother as a political tool gain the sympathy vote.

I'd like to think that. I have no doubt that the woman is ill, and I wish her only the best. At the same time, I have no doubt that while Obama almost certainly didn't engineer this drama, part of him is playing it for political sympathy.

Why do I say this? Witness how he threw her under the bus (as Limbaugh says) after his infamous "race speech". He said he could no more denounce Rev. Wright than he could his "white grandmother". When asked to clarify he stumbled and mumbled that she was a racist by no means but a "typical white person" who had "certain reactions" when she saw unknown black men on the streets.

It was at this point that I began to hope, for his "white grandmother's" sake, that she was at least a little bit senile. Obviously, even grandma isn't sacred to Obama.

This is a tough time for Obama. He and his grandmother were very close. When he visited Hawaii in August, he went to see her every day in the hospital.

Last edited:
My Heart goes out to his grandmother hoping she will get well soon.

On a purely political note has Obama given the McCain campaign an opening for a discussion of Rev. Wright since Obama invoked his Grandma in his "race speech"?

I smell bullshit. Hussein doesn't give a flying fuck about his family. Look at his brother starving to death in Africa.

Then again his brother isn't wealthy or connected. His grandmother must be loaded. If she was as poor as his brother he'd kick her to the curb too.

I'd like to think that Obama isn't using his aged and ailing grandmother as a political tool gain the sympathy vote.
I rather doubt that.

I'd like to think that. I have no doubt that the woman is ill, and I wish her only the best. At the same time, I have no doubt that while Obama almost certainly didn't engineer this drama, part of him is playing it for political sympathy.

See? I was right.

Why do I say this? Witness how he threw her under the bus (as Limbaugh says) after his infamous "race speech". He said he could no more denounce Rev. Wright than he could his "white grandmother". When asked to clarify he stumbled and mumbled that she was a racist by no means but a "typical white person" who had "certain reactions" when she saw unknown black men on the streets.

Sounds about right to me. So did my mother.

It was at this point that I began to hope, for his "white grandmother's" sake, that she was at least a little bit senile. Obviously, even grandma isn't sacred to Obama.

Obviously?

To whom?

I smell bullshit. Hussein doesn't give a flying fuck about his family. Look at his brother starving to death in Africa.

Then again his brother isn't wealthy or connected. His grandmother must be loaded. If she was as poor as his brother he'd kick her to the curb too.

You are an idiot.

Forum List

Back