Obama leaves campaign to be with ailing grandmother

from the CNN article:
It's getting so bad that even Sen. McCain's running mate denounced his tactics last night," Obama said at a campaign event in Tampa, Florida. "As you know, you really have to work hard to violate Gov. Palin's standards on negative campaigning."

made me laugh. (though i dont really see how palin is being so negative, other than not telling her angry supporters to stop yelling idiotic things about obama)

• Only Obama has lied about his alliance with Ayers.

• he hasn't lied you idiot. You just want him to say something that isn't true.

[*]Only Obama is running for President.

oh I see... so if he weren't running for President his judgement would've been just fine? makes perfect sense :cuckoo:

[*]Only Obama was in charge of dispensing over 100 million dollars to far left educational programs all of which failed including a program run by Ayers and another run by Wright.

funny, I thougth Annenberg was in charge of dispensing the funding for HER foundation?

[*]Only Obama announced his run for his first political in Ayer's office living room.

actually it was Alice Palmer announcing HER intention to run for US Congress in Ayers living room and that Obama was her choice to be her successor to the State Legislature seat she held at that time. But you know, don't like that facts get in your way. :cuckoo:

Only Obama publicly praised Ayer's book.

you've said this numerous times and numerous times I've asked you WHICH BOOK? and since you never answered me I researched it myself...

Ayers has written several books over the years

you make it sound like he praised Fugitive Days, Ayers' memoir about his days in the weather underground.

In fact Obama provided ONE line regarding the Book "A Kind and Just Parent - which discusses juvenile justice.

once again, you are twisting reality to be what YOU want it to be. that only works for a little while, unless you are clinically insane.

Robert Gibbs told reporters aboard Obama's plane that Obama's grandmother, Madelyn Payne Dunham, who helped raise him, was released from the hospital late last week. But he said her health had deteriorated "to the point where her situation is very serious."

On Friday, Obama's wife, Michelle, will sub for Obama at rallies in Akron and Columbus, in Ohio, said campaign spokeswoman Jen Psaki. Obama was expected to resume campaigning on Saturday, at an undecided location in the West, she said.

Details on the Indianapolis stop have not yet been announced.

"Senator Obama's grandmother, Madelyn Dunham, has always been one of the most important people in his life, along with his mother and his grandfather," Gibbs said. "Recently his grandmother has become ill and in the last few weeks her health has deteriorated to the point where her situation is very serious. It is for that reason that Sen. Obama has decided to change his schedule on Thursday and Friday so that he can see her and spend some time with her."

Citing the family's desire for privacy, Gibbs would not discuss the nature of Dunham's illness. It seemed likely that she was close to death, as Gibbs said that "everyone understands the decision that Sen. Obama is making."

From the Indianapolis Star

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081021/NEWS0502/810210383

Last edited:
Nice...

"She's the one who put off buying a new car or a new dress for herself so that I could have a better life," he said in his acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention in August. "She poured everything she had into me. And although she can no longer travel, I know that she's watching tonight, and that tonight is her night as well."

I thought a real president was able to multi-task.
Get well soon Grandma.

Typical response that we will soon be hearing from McCain and Palin ... on the campaign train to disaster.

palin.jpg

McCain: "Joe the Plummer is old news this week ... so ....
let's attack Obama's grandmother, and him for wanting to be with her!"

Palin: "Great idea, John! I can use it the next time I appear on SNL!!!!

Did your double standards get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?:eusa_liar:

I think you are quite possibly right. if John McCain suspended his campaign to go see his elderly mother the left would launch right into how he is old and has cancer and all that. They sure would. Just like they danced on Tony Snow's grave. Don't let them pin any labels on you. They do have a double standard.

I think partisan bullshit should be put aside in this situation, I mean susan wallace(I think thats her name) from the McCain campaign said this morning on Good Morning America that they respect Obama for taking time off to be with her and that she is in everyones thoughts and prayers! where is the compassion people, wouldnt you want everyone to respect you if you were in that situation?

He's in Florida today, when was he leaving to see Granny?

I forgot, you don't know how to read or click on a link.
Here, let me do it for you.

Sen. Barack Obama will return to Indianapolis on Thursday morning for a campaign event before traveling to Hawaii to be with his seriously ill grandmother.

Anything else you need?

I think partisan bullshit should be put aside in this situation, I mean susan wallace(I think thats her name) from the McCain campaign said this morning on Good Morning America that they respect Obama for taking time off to be with her and that she is in everyones thoughts and prayers! where is the compassion people, wouldnt you want everyone to respect you if you were in that situation?

People like Willow and Otter are Hacks, they are here to stir the pot, not debate constructively. Everyday I come on the site its the same bullshit from both of them. No substance, all bullshit.

from the CNN article:
It's getting so bad that even Sen. McCain's running mate denounced his tactics last night," Obama said at a campaign event in Tampa, Florida. "As you know, you really have to work hard to violate Gov. Palin's standards on negative campaigning."

made me laugh. (though i dont really see how palin is being so negative, other than not telling her angry supporters to stop yelling idiotic things about obama)

Obama cracks me up. An examination of his record and alliances is negative campaigning. :cuckoo:

People like Willow and Otter are Hacks, they are here to stir the pot, not debate constructively. Everyday I come on the site its the same bullshit from both of them. No substance, all bullshit.

hackers to left and hackers to the right do si doe and heel and toe.:eusa_boohoo:

Forum List

Back