obama just committed political suicide.

About time somebody used their noggin...good on ya 'Bama...

Only one problem. ALL studies show............

More gun control = increase in violent crime in that area
Looser gun control = decrease in violent crime in that area

Thats well documented. The most violent, dangerous areas in the country are prisons. They have zero guns. The most heavily armed buildings outside military/police are gun stores. Rarely, if ever, do you hear of a gun store getting robbed or violent crime inside them.

Lefties are simply wrong on this. Utah has amongt the loosest gun laws. And enjoy one of the lowest crime rates. Cali, Illinois, NJ, NY have among the strictest gun laws. And see the most violence. Hmmmm:doubt:

False.

#1, Mississippi
Gun deaths per 100,000: 18.3
Permissive gun laws: 4th out of 50

#2, Arizona
Gun deaths per 100,000: 15
Permissive gun laws: 1st out of 50

#3, Alaska
Gun deaths per 100,000: 17.6
Permissive gun laws: 11th out of 50

#4, Arkansas
Gun deaths per 100,000: 15.1
Permissive gun laws: 7th out of 50

#5, Louisiana
Gun deaths per 100,000: 19.9
Permissive gun laws: 23rd out of 50

#6, New Mexico
Permissive gun laws: 6th out of 50

#7, Alabama
Permissive gun laws: 27th out of 50

#8, Nevada
Gun deaths per 100,000: 16.2
Permissive gun laws: 22nd out of 50

#9, Montana
Gun deaths per 100,000: 14.5
Permissive gun laws: 10th out of 50

#10, Wyoming
Permissive gun laws: 8th out of 50

As you see, the states with the most permissive gun laws are generally also those with the most gun deaths.

Full list and sources:

20 Deadliest Gun States, From Mississippi to Arizona - The Daily Beast

death is a crime now?

who knew?

:rofl:

keep swinging :thup:

For those of you who were somehow having wet dreams about another 4 years of obama as president may just have that dream killed if obama does what he says he will do. Any new law or changes made to existing laws will kill his dreams of a second term. I will add remembr what happen with the democrats when they started playing with guns in 1996

Obama To Push Gun Control Soon
NRA-ILA :: Obama To Push Gun Control Soon

I do not think his gun control policies will lose him many votes, Reb.

Wanna know why?

Because few gun advocates support him, anyway.

I'll tell you what's going to sink him, though.

He lost the leftist Ds, and thanks to the fibrilating eeconomy, he's lost the independents, too.

But as to the power of the NRA, vote?

He never had it to lose.

Who are these "gun advocates" that support obam?

That's exactly my point. There are none, and there never were any, either.

Obama had no support from the NRA crowd, so it isn't like he can lose their support by changing the guns laws.

And that WAS the premise of this thread, was it not?

That by Obama making guns laws stricter he'd be losing votes?

No, I doubt that.

We have the rest of this year to see exactly where the reactionaries that were elected to Congress last October will do for this country.

By that time most, if not all challengers of Obama will be known and the state of the economy will be known.

So by Christmas we'll see if this Far Right Reactionary thread has any merit to it or not.

Until then, I'll be laughing silently and outload at the reactionaries of the Right.
You are not that smart are you? It was November when the last elections were held, idiot.

About time somebody used their noggin...good on ya 'Bama...

Only one problem. ALL studies show............

More gun control = increase in violent crime in that area
Looser gun control = decrease in violent crime in that area

Thats well documented. The most violent, dangerous areas in the country are prisons. They have zero guns. The most heavily armed buildings outside military/police are gun stores. Rarely, if ever, do you hear of a gun store getting robbed or violent crime inside them.

Lefties are simply wrong on this. Utah has amongt the loosest gun laws. And enjoy one of the lowest crime rates. Cali, Illinois, NJ, NY have among the strictest gun laws. And see the most violence. Hmmmm:doubt:

False.

#1, Mississippi
Gun deaths per 100,000: 18.3
Permissive gun laws: 4th out of 50

#2, Arizona
Permissive gun laws: 1st out of 50

#3, Alaska
Permissive gun laws: 11th out of 50

#4, Arkansas
Gun deaths per 100,000: 15.1
Permissive gun laws: 7th out of 50

#5, Louisiana
Gun deaths per 100,000: 19.9
Permissive gun laws: 23rd out of 50

#6, New Mexico
Permissive gun laws: 6th out of 50

#7, Alabama
Permissive gun laws: 27th out of 50

#8, Nevada
Gun deaths per 100,000: 16.2
Permissive gun laws: 22nd out of 50

#9, Montana
Permissive gun laws: 10th out of 50

#10, Wyoming
Permissive gun laws: 8th out of 50

As you see, the states with the most permissive gun laws are generally also those with the most gun deaths.

Full list and sources:

20 Deadliest Gun States, From Mississippi to Arizona - The Daily Beast

Actually your link does not address certian issues with gun deaths and crimes. Like how many of those deaths were due to a suicide., how many of those deaths were for defensive reasons. How many of those deaths were due to accidental shootings. How many of those deaths were caused by a stolen gun. If you factor al that the states will change big time. You could even go further than that do it by city. DC lead the nation in gun deaths. But don't let the facts stop you

Gun control advocates operate strictly off emotion. And all gun control does is disarm law-abiding citizens.

Really? The poster M14 Shooter told me the other day that people convicted of felony gun crimes should not be banned from purchasing firearms, because that was a violation of the 2nd amendment.

Do you agree with him?
If a person is convicted and serves his or her sentence, is he/she still a criminal?

Do you think convicted felons should give up their right to vote even after their sentence is served?

Anyone convicted of a felon y crime involving firearms should be barred from purchasing weapons.

When it comes to guns, I believe in the Marceaux.com Principle:

Everyone can carry guns, if you kill someone though, you get murdered, you go to jail.

He can't create jobs, so put that on the back burner. His gun legislation is dead in the water with Congress if it comes to pass.

I thought you rightwingers don't believe its the job of the federal government to create jobs, did you have your head up your arsch when you posted that shat?

Really? The poster M14 Shooter told me the other day that people convicted of felony gun crimes should not be banned from purchasing firearms, because that was a violation of the 2nd amendment.

Do you agree with him?
If a person is convicted and serves his or her sentence, is he/she still a criminal?

Do you think convicted felons should give up their right to vote even after their sentence is served?

Anyone convicted of a felon y crime involving firearms should be barred from purchasing weapons.
Should they give up the right to vote?

Thats a strawman, one has nothing to do with the other.

Its sheer bullshat to say that more people owning guns will equal less crime. In Germany guns are strictly controlled and tey there isn't a lot of crime, maybe if we quit glorifying guns in America and teach people what they're about instead of arguing like derelicts over the 2nd Amendment things would be fine.

Its sheer bullshat to say that more people owning guns will equal less crime. In Germany guns are strictly controlled and tey there isn't a lot of crime, maybe if we quit glorifying guns in America and teach people what they're about instead of arguing like derelicts over the 2nd Amendment things would be fine.

Good thing you don't get to decide what the Constitution says. You're woefully ignorant about it.

Wrong. Both are Constitutionally-protected rights.

Are you for or against the death penalty? If a person has a felony history with guns that includes illegally selling guns, selling guns to gangs and people not authorized to have one, commit robberies at gunpoint, assaults people with weapons, the lose their "right" to carry weapons for the better safety of the people. If that Arizona shooter got only 10 years in prison and served his time would you want him to be able to possess another weapon?

Good thing you don't get to decide what the Constitution says. You're woefully ignorant about it.

You're woefully ignorant to reality dumbass, more gun ownership doesn't ewual less crime.

1. How many people are killed in Germany with a gun?

2. You don't teach people anything.

So you simply dismiss any poll that doesn't confirm your presumptions or preconceptions?

Any poll is correct, any poll showing most people support any gun control is misleading.

For that matter, all polls are misleading, and some are just pure bullshit.

Huh?
Way to hedge your bets!

Has there been a poll that shows that 'any poll showing most people support any gun control is misleading'.

What I don't understand is the gun lobbyists apparent opposition to any sort of control.
I would have thought it would be in their best interest to take control of the debate and make proposals to protect responsible gun owners (read; citizens) from criminals and lunatics.

Yea, I know, for a second there I accepted the premise of a poll, that was stupid, polls are dumb, those who follow the polls are even dumber.

Screw the polls, they are worded to get certain point of view, polls are the most inaccurate measure of what people think.

Wrong. Both are Constitutionally-protected rights.

Are you for or against the death penalty? If a person has a felony history with guns that includes illegally selling guns, selling guns to gangs and people not authorized to have one, commit robberies at gunpoint, assaults people with weapons, the lose their "right" to carry weapons for the better safety of the people. If that Arizona shooter got only 10 years in prison and served his time would you want him to be able to possess another weapon?
Personally, I haven't yet made up my mind about gun rights versus felony convictions.

Meanwhile, you haven't answered my question. Should felons lose the right to vote forever?

Getting rid of guns is a prerequisite for hitting the kill switch on the internets.

Forum List

Back