obama just committed political suicide.

Gun control makes sense. If President Obama has the balls to push gun control, more power to him. It is the right thing to do.

How does gun control make sense? Almost everywhere there is a lot of gun control there is more gun violence. Take D.C. for an example:

* During the years in which the D.C. handgun ban and trigger lock law was in effect, the Washington, D.C. murder rate averaged 73% higher than it was at the outset of the law, while the U.S. murder rate averaged 11% lower.[37]

How did this so called 'gun control' make sense? Once the ban was lifted the murder rate went down dramaticly.

‡ Large anomalies unrelated to guns:
2000: 58 Chinese people suffocated to death in a shipping container en route to the UK
2002: 172 homicides reported when Dr. Harold Shipman was exposed for killing his patients
2003: 20 cockle pickers drowned resulting in manslaughter charges
2005: 52 people were killed in the July 7th London subway/bus bombings
[41]

* Not counting the above-listed anomalies, the British homicide rate has averaged 52% higher since the outset of the 1968 gun control law and 15% higher since the outset of the 1997 handgun ban.[42]

* Since the outset of the Chicago handgun ban, the percentage of Chicago murders committed with handguns has averaged about 40% higher than it was before the law took effect.[55]
* In 2005, 96% of the firearm murder victims in Chicago were killed with handguns.[56]

In right-to-carry states, the violent crime rate is 24% lower than the rest of the U.S., the murder rate is 28% lower, and the robbery rate is 50% lower.

* Since the outset of the Florida right-to-carry law, the Florida murder rate has averaged 36% lower than it was before the law took effect, while the U.S. murder rate has averaged 15% lower.[108]

* Since the outset of the Texas right-to-carry law, the Texas murder rate has averaged 30% lower than it was before the law took effect, while the U.S. murder rate has averaged 28% lower.[115]
All quotes are from: Gun Control

As you can see, so called 'gun control' makes no sense and it does not 'control' anything. I can find a lot more sites that have the same or similar findings as this one.

Gun control makes sense. If President Obama has the balls to push gun control, more power to him. It is the right thing to do.

How does that gun control in england work? It's amazing with all the guns out of the hands of the citizens of britian that people are still killed with guns.

Having done this more times than I can remember over the past nine years - so I will not do it again - check out those stats. I think you'll find the US is wanting...big time...

As I said for a country that virtually no citizen has access to a gun there shouldn't be anyoone being killed with a gun, but people in the UK are still being killed with guns. Now how can that be? The numbers should show 0 deaths by a gun. One is to many in any country, but 1 is way to many for a country that has taken the guns away from their citizens.

How does that gun control in england work? It's amazing with all the guns out of the hands of the citizens of britian that people are still killed with guns.

Having done this more times than I can remember over the past nine years - so I will not do it again - check out those stats. I think you'll find the US is wanting...big time...

As I said for a country that virtually no citizen has access to a gun there shouldn't be anyoone being killed with a gun, but people in the UK are still being killed with guns. Now how can that be? The numbers should show 0 deaths by a gun. One is to many in any country, but 1 is way to many for a country that has taken the guns away from their citizens.

That is a ridiculous argument.

There'll be no gun ban, but there will be a proposal for a limit to magazine size.

The magazine capacity is a different issue obama is doing something else but it will be a part of that. Any form of gun control will not be tolerated. Signed the BIG boss, have a great day.

Exactly how is it ridiculous? Oh that right it's ridiculous because you can't present a good defense against it. Why are people being killed with a gun when the citizens do not have access to any?

I don't think that Obama could get a serious gun control bill passed, even if that's what he wanted to do.

The most he could do is some watered down useless bill like the Brady Bill - and that would be a huge victory for him, and definitely get him points towards his re-election.

But I doubt that will happen either.

Or, I maybe wrong but he can reinstate the assault weapons ban by executive order.

Executive Orders and National Emergencies:
How Presidents Have Come to "Run the
Country" by Usurping Legislative Power
Executive Orders and National Emergencies:

Exactly how is it ridiculous? Oh that right it's ridiculous because you can't present a good defense against it. Why are people being killed with a gun when the citizens do not have access to any?
Why are there people addicted to, and dying from illegal drugs in the USA?

Why are there people addicted to, and dying from illegal drugs in the USA?

Thanks for proving my point. Bad people have guns the good people don't and cannot defend themself, gun bans do not work.

All existing guns would be grandfathered in, just as they were under Clinton. So if you already have hi-cap mags, and semi autos, you get to keep them, I just can't sell you any new ones.

I agree it will be him "tossing in the towel" on his entire political career (not just his Presidency) if he chooses to go after any of these issues at this point in his Presidency.

I don't believe guns will ever be banned in the US. I don't believe there is any way to get that horse back in the barn, and I believe that an attempt to actually remove access to guns, and certainly any attempt to physically remove guns from the public, will result in a war that will make the Civil War and the Indian Wars look like the annual Thanksgiving neighborhood pickup game. More guns are held by private citizens than all the US Armed Forces combined.......in multiples.

I may be wrong, but I don't think any of us, or any generation of Americans AFTER us, will ever find out.

And what's with the resolution allowing hi-cap .22 mags, but nothing else?

This is a .22 (actually, its 2 .22s). It is perfectly legal and you don't have to have a Class III license, because it is not fully automatic. I sell them all the time.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szGoeqIFytQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szGoeqIFytQ[/ame]

Yeah......that thing couldn't kill anyone, huh?

LoL!!
:lol:

The reactionary Far Right....too funny.

Your the punchline of your joke, Marc. :lol:
Mainstream America likes their guns...period.

ahhh the mistake of believing that you are mainstream america and that you represent all of mainstream america....

people in the cities....are for gun control....there is a large population that hates or fears guns....ie. last night a good friend mentioned that she hates to stay at her house alone when the man is gone....she is not a gun owner or user....so she lives in fucking fear...when i told her that she needed to know how to use a weapon...she ask me if i had a gun at ready....i was like well duh....yes....a 22 loaded with hollow points...a varmit gun...and a shotgun....i prefer the 22 for obvious reasons....but she is terrified of guns and would like 'gun control'.. she sees gun control as removing guns from criminals....

so do not assume you understand or speak for mainstream america...many of them are sick of all the violence that involves guns...of the stupid people who allow their guns to fall into the hands of kids...you see a lot of irresponsible gun owners

need i mention the gun show letting the 8 yr fire the izu? that does not go down well with a majority of america

no new laws are needed but max enforcement of existing laws are needed. why in the hell anyone thought a kid should be firing an izu is beyond me....guns are dangerous when mixed with idiots

All existing guns would be grandfathered in, just as they were under Clinton. So if you already have hi-cap mags, and semi autos, you get to keep them, I just can't sell you any new ones.

I agree it will be him "tossing in the towel" on his entire political career (not just his Presidency) if he chooses to go after any of these issues at this point in his Presidency.

I don't believe guns will ever be banned in the US. I don't believe there is any way to get that horse back in the barn, and I believe that an attempt to actually remove access to guns, and certainly any attempt to physically remove guns from the public, will result in a war that will make the Civil War and the Indian Wars look like the annual Thanksgiving neighborhood pickup game. More guns are held by private citizens than all the US Armed Forces combined.......in multiples.

I may be wrong, but I don't think any of us, or any generation of Americans AFTER us, will ever find out.

This is a .22 (actually, its 2 .22s). It is perfectly legal and you don't have to have a Class III license, because it is not fully automatic. I sell them all the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szGoeqIFytQ

ok your video got my attention. I want one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szGoeqIFytQ

ok your video got my attention. I want one.

All you need is two Ruger 10/22s, then Cabelas sells the kit (and they have it on sale at a pretty decent price!):

Cabela's: Gatling Gun Kit

We have one set up at our store with 2 50-round drum magazines. The record for emptying 100 rounds is just under 10 seconds (the faster you can turn the handle, the faster it fires :)

Well if the Stinker in Chief decides to impose a ban on firearms, he is doomed in 2012 as many here have already stated. I have my high capacity handgun (XDM 3.8 in .40) 16+1. If the Stinker does impose a ban you will see sales jump substancually in response. However, I do not see it getting through the House and if he does it by Executive Order, it will be overturned after the 2012 election.

Well if the Stinker in Chief decides to impose a ban on firearms, he is doomed in 2012 as many here have already stated. I have my high capacity handgun (XDM 3.8 in .40) 16+1. If the Stinker does impose a ban you will see sales jump substancually in response. However, I do not see it getting through the House and if he does it by Executive Order, it will be overturned after the 2012 election.

the XD 45 even holds 13.

Like I said.....that horse is already out of the barn, down the road, and mating with everything it sees.

I will add remembr what happen with the democrats when they started playing with guns in 1996

You mean the year that Clinton was reelected in a landslide?

"Once a popular talking point for Democratic officials and candidates, gun control has been shoved to the background over the past six years, as the party -- trying not to alienate gun-owning voters in swing states -- has cooled its rhetoric on the issue and tamped down its action. Gun control advocates haven't won a major victory since Bill Clinton was president, and since then the main anti-gun legislation of the Clinton era has either died or been stripped of its teeth. ... "It's an issue that's largely off the table," Spitzer explains. "You've got, basically, the Democrats running away from the issue and deciding that this is not where they want to hang their hats,

Democrats have been turning away from gun control ever since Al Gore's run for the presidency. The then-vice president and his advisors had tried to out-gun-control liberal challenger Bill Bradley during the Democratic primaries. Campaigning against George W. Bush in the general election, Gore decided to quiet his criticism of the NRA and mute his support for gun control to build support in battleground states like Ohio, Pennsylvania and Michigan where support for gun rights runs high. In the wake of Gore's loss, many Democrats blamed the defeat on previous pro-gun control positions Gore had taken, and pulled the party further back from where it had been on the issue.

"
Why Democrats dumped gun control - Democratic Party - Salon.com

For those of you who were somehow having wet dreams about another 4 years of obama as president may just have that dream killed if obama does what he says he will do. Any new law or changes made to existing laws will kill his dreams of a second term. I will add remembr what happen with the democrats when they started playing with guns in 1996

Obama To Push Gun Control Soon
NRA-ILA :: Obama To Push Gun Control Soon

I do not think his gun control policies will lose him many votes, Reb.

Wanna know why?

Because few gun advocates support him, anyway.

I'll tell you what's going to sink him, though.

He lost the leftist Ds, and thanks to the fibrilating eeconomy, he's lost the independents, too.

But as to the power of the NRA, vote?

He never had it to lose.

Forum List

Back