obama just committed political suicide.

*shrug*

I'll believe it when I see it. Makes no sense that he would try for any sort of controversial gun control bill with the current makeup of the congress. It'll be near impossible to pass.

Plus, I take anything I read from a special interest group website with a large grain of salt. The whole article can be summed up as "We think Obama might decide to make a decision on whether or not he wants to think about starting to create some possible gun control legislation". Rumor based on innuedo based on speculation. I'll wait to see if it actually comes to pass, and more importantly what exactly it is, before deciding whether or not it's a good idea.

ok will newsweek work?
Gun-Control Effort Coming Soon From White House - Newsweek

*shrug*

I'll believe it when I see it. Makes no sense that he would try for any sort of controversial gun control bill with the current makeup of the congress. It'll be near impossible to pass.

Plus, I take anything I read from a special interest group website with a large grain of salt. The whole article can be summed up as "We think Obama might decide to make a decision on whether or not he wants to think about starting to create some possible gun control legislation". Rumor based on innuedo based on speculation. I'll wait to see if it actually comes to pass, and more importantly what exactly it is, before deciding whether or not it's a good idea.

ok will newsweek work?

It's the same thing. We think he might decide to maybe yada yada yada.

I'll wait to see if he does, and what it is before I decide if it's good or bad. I can't imagine it will be too controversial given the makeup of the current congress. Otherwise is DOA.

For those of you who were somehow having wet dreams about another 4 years of obama as president may just have that dream killed if obama does what he says he will do. Any new law or changes made to existing laws will kill his dreams of a second term. I will add remembr what happen with the democrats when they started playing with guns in 1996

Obama To Push Gun Control Soon
NRA-ILA :: Obama To Push Gun Control Soon

I got a question for ya. Do you think your hyper-jingoistic pro-gun tough guy ranting and raving makes you cool? Think most of the country is on your side?

For those of you who were somehow having wet dreams about another 4 years of obama as president may just have that dream killed if obama does what he says he will do. Any new law or changes made to existing laws will kill his dreams of a second term. I will add remembr what happen with the democrats when they started playing with guns in 1996

I got a question for ya. Do you think your hyper-jingoistic pro-gun tough guy ranting and raving makes you cool? Think most of the country is on your side?

Think most of the country is on your side

Yers I do think most of the country is on my side with this issue. And as for being cool I really don't give a shit about what others think of me. What is important is how I feel about myself.

Last edited:
On topic, democratic Presidents rarely feel any political implications for proposing gun control. After all, while NRA might consider supporting individual democratic congressmen, the NRA is almost always behind the GOP at the presidential level. It's like a GOP President taking a pot shot at PETA. It costs nothing as you weren't getting money or support from them anyways.

Off topic, a lot of you guys tend to declare emphatically that Obama "has done it this time!" relatively often. It's almost like you're hoping this time it'll be true. It's as annoying as the Democrats that keep saying Palin's career is "over". Both Obama and Palin still have political life left in them, and they'll both likely surprise you in 2012.

Yers I do think most of the country is on my side with this issue.

You'd be wrong.
Guns

From what I could decipher, this is the bill that the NRA is referring too:
H.R. 308: Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act (GovTrack.us)

I personally don't have a problem with this bill. :dunno:

Although if I was one of his advisers I'd be like "hey Barack, let's just stick to the politics of 'jobs jobs jobs'. People got kind of pissed about that whole health insurance thing derail, when jobs were disappearing faster than wine around my family during the holidays."

Political suicide over this? No. His fate is tied to the economy.

*shrug*

ok will newsweek work?

It's the same thing. We think he might decide to maybe yada yada yada.

I'll wait to see if he does, and what it is before I decide if it's good or bad. I can't imagine it will be too controversial given the makeup of the current congress. Otherwise is DOA.

Time will tell. Wth all the cop shootings that happen within a 24 hour period and all the cop shooting that happen in the last 10 months and with what happen in Arizona, and to add to it politicans are politicans and what the last congress did, I have this funny feeling.

From what I could decipher, this is the bill that the NRA is referring too:
H.R. 308: Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act (GovTrack.us)

I personally don't have a problem with this bill. :dunno:

Although if I was one of his advisers I'd be like "hey Barack, let's just stick to the politics of 'jobs jobs jobs'. People got kind of pissed about that whole health insurance thing derail, when jobs were disappearing faster than wine around my family during the holidays."

Political suicide over this? No. His fate is tied to the economy.

No I think thats a totally different issue.

Yers I do think most of the country is on my side with this issue. And as for being cool I really don't give a shit about what others think of me. What is important is how I feel about myself.

You'll find it depends on how far the proposal goes. Most Americans support controls on semi and fully automatic weapons, concealed handguns, etc. And most tend to not view a basic background check as that intrusive. Now much past that, and you may be right.

Similar stuff is true for environmental regulation. Most folks want clean quality air and water, and want to have clean and healthy parks and forests for hiking and hunting. So environmental regulations that help with that usually are pretty popular. Go much past that, like Cap and Trade, and you might find yourself off the political deep end.

On topic, democratic Presidents rarely feel any political implications for proposing gun control. After all, while NRA might consider supporting individual democratic congressmen, the NRA is almost always behind the GOP at the presidential level. It's like a GOP President taking a pot shot at PETA. It costs nothing as you weren't getting money or support from them anyways.

Off topic, a lot of you guys tend to declare emphatically that Obama "has done it this time!" relatively often. It's almost like you're hoping this time it'll be true. It's as annoying as the Democrats that keep saying Palin's career is "over". Both Obama and Palin still have political life left in them, and they'll both likely surprise you in 2012.

Off topic, a lot of you guys tend to declare emphatically that Obama "has done it this time!" relatively often.

Past history it did do that for congress.

Off topic, a lot of you guys tend to declare emphatically that Obama "has done it this time!" relatively often.

Congress isn't Obama. Clinton was reelected with a hostile Congress. Obama's chances for reelection actually went up when he ended up with a hostile house. Obama can almost certainly suggest gun control and not feel any real heat on the topic.

Now individual Congressmen? Different story entirely. The NRA has been very successful at picking off them with political funding.

Yers I do think most of the country is on my side with this issue.

You'd be wrong.
Guns

CBS News/New York Times :eusa_hand::lmao:
And your poll is a non scienctific poll which means nothing. As I said most Americans are on my side with this issue.

Exactly...Obama has done it THIS time!

:lol:

Obama can almost certainly suggest gun control and not feel any real heat on the topic.

At the beginning of Presidential season?

Don't know what you're smoking. Any sort of controversial new bill that Obama proposes concerning serious gun control is going to hurt him.

Congress isn't Obama. Clinton was reelected with a hostile Congress. Obama's chances for reelection actually went up when he ended up with a hostile house. Obama can almost certainly suggest gun control and not feel any real heat on the topic.

Now individual Congressmen? Different story entirely. The NRA has been very successful at picking off them with political funding.

Congress isn't Obama. Clinton was reelected with a hostile Congress.

Just keep thinking obamas a sure thing peple are slowly becoming fed up with obama, and obama isn't clinton.

Total people killed by government in 20th century

174,000,000 people

Total number of KIA in wars in the 20th century:

29,000,000 people

20th Century Democide

Just to give perspective on this incredible murder by government, if all these bodies were laid head to toe, with the average height being 5', then they would circle the earth ten times. Also, this democide murdered 6 times more people than died in combat in all the foreign and internal wars of the century. Finally, given popular estimates of the dead in a major nuclear war, this total democide is as though such a war did occur, but with its dead spread over a century.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back