Obama is Officially Held in Contempt Over Drilling “Permitorium”

I think you're reaching here. That's my legal opinion.

Anytime anyone in public service knowingly and willingly violates a court order or, more specifically, the Constitution of the United States as defined by the courts it is a crime.

And what statute is that?

Police violate the Constitution regularly. They aren't charged as criminals. Their evidence is just thrown out and can be liable for civil damage.

The Constitution isn't even an issue with the contempt of court charge for the "Permitorium"

I still am completely unclear as to whether it's a criminal or a civil contempt charge. And the defendent in the case is Sec. Salazar

Doesn't look like it's going to go anywhere near Obama. So I suggest we spend our time wisely and govern the people rather than start up witch hunts with the hope that we might be able to impeach him by the 2012 election.

you're a nutcase

so if any federal or state judge rules a president is in contempt, that is grounds for impeachment?

LMAO

you have zero understanding of the constitution and how impeachment works

Clinton was fully impeached in the House for less. As far as the Constitution goes, if the executive does not abide by the judiciary then it is the job of congress to remove his happy ass. What good are checks and balances if the president simpily ignores them?

Last edited:
Obama needs to be impeached.

worse President I have lived under, and Carter was pretty damn bad.

There is no saying what it would have been like if the Kennedy's hadn't been so good at stopping bullets and drowning women.

Last edited:
you're a nutcase

so if any federal or state judge rules a president is in contempt, that is grounds for impeachment?

LMAO

Clinton was fully impeached in the House for less. As far as the Constitution goes, if the executive does not abide by the judiciary then it is the job of congress to remove his happy ass. What good are checks and balances if the president simpily ignores them?

I'd hardly call purjury and obstruction of justice less.

Not to mention, he actually committed the crimes himself. This wasnt him acting in the scope of the Presidency.

I think you are completely wrong here. Though it sickens me that this administration would think so little of the judicial branch.

Anytime anyone in public service knowingly and willingly violates a court order or, more specifically, the Constitution of the United States as defined by the courts it is a crime.

Police violate the Constitution regularly. They aren't charged as criminals. Their evidence is just thrown out and can be liable for civil damage.

The Constitution isn't even an issue with the contempt of court charge for the "Permitorium"

I still am completely unclear as to whether it's a criminal or a civil contempt charge. And the defendent in the case is Sec. Salazar

Doesn't look like it's going to go anywhere near Obama. So I suggest we spend our time wisely and govern the people rather than start up witch hunts with the hope that we might be able to impeach him by the 2012 election.

Shit! And I was in hopes of seeing him on TV getting Finger Printed! :evil: No Cuffs! No Cavity Search! :evil: :lol:

I would respnd but I think we are repeating our selves and both of us have laid out our case until we are repeating the same things over and over. I will leave it here because any further descussion would just be me repeating myself. Fair enough? And correcting a wrong with what you preceive to be another wrong doesent get anyone anywhere.

Last edited:
I would respnd but I think we are repeating our selves and both of us have laid out our case until we are repeating the same things over and over. I will leave it here because any further descussion would just be me repeating myself. Fair enough? And correcting a wrong with what you preceive to be another wrong doesent get anyone anywhere.

That's fine. Just giving my professional opinion.

That will be $300. :lol:

you're a nutcase

LMAO

Not to mention, he actually committed the crimes himself. This wasnt him acting in the scope of the Presidency.

I think you are completely wrong here. Though it sickens me that this administration would think so little of the judicial branch.

A CEO who knows of wrong doing being commited in his company that he is under court order to stop is an accompas if he allows it to continue as if he had done it himself.

A CEO who knows of wrong doing being commited in his company that he is under court order to stop is an accompas if he allows it to continue as if he had done it himself.

You think Obama is that smart?

You think Obama is that smart?

I dont thing he is as dumb as he looks/seems to be.

Shit! And I was in hopes of seeing him on TV getting Finger Printed! :evil: No Cuffs! No Cavity Search! :evil: :lol:

I dont think that would happen even if he were impeached on thoes grounds.

I dont think that would happen even if he were impeached on thoes grounds.

Lighten up! :lol:

You guys, talk of impeaching Obama scares me. Not for any possibility of retribution, but for this:

President Joseph Biden. :eek:

Yeah. Which is something all intelligent people fear.

Like I said, looking for impeachment at this point is ridiculous even if there was a ground. By the time all the politics was through, we'd be at the election. And youd have engendered such bad will among the nation that Obama would look sympathetic to the people not paying attention.

You guys, talk of impeaching Obama scares me. Not for any possibility of retribution, but for this:

President Joseph Biden. :eek:

Yeah. Which is something all intelligent people fear.

Like I said, looking for impeachment at this point is ridiculous even if there was a ground. By the time all the politics was through, we'd be at the election. And youd have engendered such bad will among the nation that Obama would look sympathetic to the people not paying attention.
Indeed. The drawbacks far, far outweigh the benefits.

Nevertheless willingly and knowingly violating a federal court order and willingly and knowingly defying the constitution as ruled by the court is a violation of the presidential oath of office and that is lying under oath.

This is the dumbest shit I've ever heard. Using your reasoning, every legislator who ever voted in favor of any law that was ultimately proven unconstitutional should have been impeached, as well as every president who signed said laws. That would mean that Bush should have been impeached for his constitutional failings.

Obama needs to be impeached.

worse President I have lived under, and Carter was pretty damn bad.
Asleep during Reagan and the Bushes....and Nixon, I see.

Certainly worst is a subjective term. Carter - pretty damn bad. Nixon - not all that bad, but violated his oath. Bush I - disappointment, but nod bad. Bush II - I give him a pass for inheriting a fucking mess. Obama - Inherited a mess, just disagree with him philosophically on most everything; some say good, some say bad.

Sufficiently wishy washy?

:lol:

Nevertheless willingly and knowingly violating a federal court order and willingly and knowingly defying the constitution as ruled by the court is a violation of the presidential oath of office and that is lying under oath.

This is the dumbest shit I've ever heard. Using your reasoning, every legislator who ever voted in favor of any law that was ultimately proven unconstitutional should have been impeached, as well as every president who signed said laws. That would mean that Bush should have been impeached for his constitutional failings.

No, not really. Voting for something ultimately deemed unconstitutional is not impeachable. Continuing to enforce and disobeying the order, impeachable? Probably not... but definitely on dangerous ground.

Forum List

Back