Obama is Cruising!!!

After the way obama is fucking up the post hurricane efforts, he could lose New York and New Jersey. He gave speeches, he hugged a few crying women, but there is no real help and people are getting pretty pissed about that.

did you see ADP's 'revised' September numbers??

New ADP Count Slashes Job Creation Total for September - US Business News - CNBC
Revisions to the way payroll data firm ADP counts private sector job creation have resulted in a sharp drop in the September employment count.

ADP's new calculations put the monthly job creation at just 88,200, down from the 162,000 the firm originally reported earlier this month.

Wow, I expected a change but not almost a 50% reduction! Anyone care to wager that the latest jobs report will also get "adjusted" downwards?

Wow, I expected a change but not almost a 50% reduction! Anyone care to wager that the latest jobs report will also get "adjusted" downwards?

A 50% margin of error is atrocious. How does anyone get away with that? People will lose confidence in the numbers.

Well gee..if Obama had chosen to work with the GOP members of Congress when he first took office instead of following Rahm Emanuel's advice of..."We've got the votes...fuck 'em!"...then he probably would have been able to get a lot more accomplished. But he didn't...and now the Republicans he told to go sit in the hall while Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid wrote the Obama Stimulus and ObamaCare can't stand his guts and nothing is getting done. For some reason, you progressives think that is going to magically CHANGE if Barry wins another term. Why, I have no idea.

Interesting spin. But that's ALL this is - spin.

Was that NOT Rahm Emanual's response when asked about working with the GOP during the very first few weeks of the Obama Administration? Let's be honest here, George...they DID have the votes...and they DID tell the Republicans that "Elections have consequences...we won!" and then write both ObamaCare and the Obama Stimulus behind closed doors with zero input from Republicans. Hard to see how I've "spun" anything.

My take has been that the Republicans in Congress have been knee-jerk obstructionists from the git go here.

Let's face it - once the fight is over, everyone has a different version of who started it.

Was that NOT Rahm Emanual's response when asked about working with the GOP during the very first few weeks of the Obama Administration? Let's be honest here, George...they DID have the votes...and they DID tell the Republicans that "Elections have consequences...we won!" and then write both ObamaCare and the Obama Stimulus behind closed doors with zero input from Republicans. Hard to see how I've "spun" anything.

My take has been that the Republicans in Congress have been knee-jerk obstructionists from the git go here.

Let's face it - once the fight is over, everyone has a different version of who started it.

Unfortunately your take is wrong. Look how many in the GOP voted for the Porkulus compared to Obamacare down the road. Something cost those GOP votes. And it wasn't the GOP. It was an attitude of "fuck you, we have the votes."
Since the House is unlikely to turn over, how will Obama be able to work with the GOP, given he has failed to do so for 2 years already.

Well gee..if Obama had chosen to work with the GOP members of Congress when he first took office instead of following Rahm Emanuel's advice of..."We've got the votes...fuck 'em!"...then he probably would have been able to get a lot more accomplished. But he didn't...and now the Republicans he told to go sit in the hall while Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid wrote the Obama Stimulus and ObamaCare can't stand his guts and nothing is getting done. For some reason, you progressives think that is going to magically CHANGE if Barry wins another term. Why, I have no idea.

Who cares. The GOP can start working with Obama if they lose; again. One would think they would take their 2nd straight loss in presidential politics as a sign that they've been rejected but, we know better.

You must have slept through the 2010 mid-term elections then, Candy...because the electorate sent progressives about as strong a message as possible that they didn't like their policies. If you'll recall the Obama line in 2009 was "Elections have consequences...we won!"...a viewpoint which they immediately abandoned once the 2010 elections happened. From 2010 on their NEW line became..."We know better than you so this LAST election doesn't count!"

And what happened exactly? The GOP took the House and gained 3 or 4 seats in the Senate. Big whoop.

So I guess it's a chicken-and-the-egg dynamic...is that what you're saying? Obama and the Dems won handly in 2006 and 2008. Right? Agree? So when the GOP digs in it's heels in 2008, 2009, and 2010 before the midterms...were you here on this board saying, "Guys, the Dems have a mandate..work with them." I doubt it. But somehow, the GOP takes the house and has minor gains in the Senate in 2010 and it's supposed to be a watershed moment for the Dems to come over and lay down for the GOP?

Not one of your more intelligent posts but pretty average none the less.

When Obama wins on Tuesday, that will be a mandate. If the GOP continues to be the party of "no", the public should blame them.

Unfortunately your take is wrong. Look how many in the GOP voted for the Porkulus compared to Obamacare down the road. Something cost those GOP votes. And it wasn't the GOP. It was an attitude of "fuck you, we have the votes."
Since the House is unlikely to turn over, how will Obama be able to work with the GOP, given he has failed to do so for 2 years already.

The House is welcome to work with the President for a change. But we know that won't happen. The public knows who is to blame; the GOP.

Who cares. The GOP can start working with Obama if they lose; again. One would think they would take their 2nd straight loss in presidential politics as a sign that they've been rejected but, we know better.

You must have slept through the 2010 mid-term elections then, Candy...because the electorate sent progressives about as strong a message as possible that they didn't like their policies. If you'll recall the Obama line in 2009 was "Elections have consequences...we won!"...a viewpoint which they immediately abandoned once the 2010 elections happened. From 2010 on their NEW line became..."We know better than you so this LAST election doesn't count!"

And what happened exactly? The GOP took the House and gained 3 or 4 seats in the Senate. Big whoop.

Yeah, the biggest turnover in 50 years, one the president admitted was a "shellacking" just isn't a big fucking deal.

The House is welcome to work with the President for a change. But we know that won't happen. The public knows who is to blame; the GOP.

No honey. They did that with the Porkulus and look where it got them. Nowhere.
Now it's time for the president to work with the GOP. He can start by apologizing for all the nasty things he's said. Even just the ones he said to their faces.

But George...if Barack Obama's Chief of Staff is making comments like "We've got the votes...fuck 'em." at the START of their administration then why is it that Republicans get blamed for being "knee jerk obstructionists"? Progressives LOVE to quote Mitch McConnell saying that his number one priority was to make sure Barack Obama was a one term President as "proof" that the GOP was unwilling to work with Obama but the truth is that McConnell made that statement a full YEAR after Obama had been in office...a year in which Republicans were locked out in the hall while Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid wrote ObamaCare and the Obama Stimulus. At that point the Obama agenda was quite clear and Republicans were only too aware that this was an Administration that wasn't going to seek a bi-partisan compromise on anything.

I'm amused by the howls of protest from the far left about how the GOP controlled House is refusing to compromise with Obama and the Democratically controlled Senate when for two YEARS those same people had no problem at all with an agenda driven solely by progressives. The voters sent those GOP House members to Washington because they were unhappy with the direction that Obama was taking the country but our current Administration ignored the "mandate" for change that was delivered in 2010.

Yeah, the biggest turnover in 50 years, one the president admitted was a "shellacking" just isn't a big fucking deal.

Not when you still control 2/3 of the government dumbass.

Now it's time for the president to work with the GOP. He can start by apologizing for all the nasty things he's said. Even just the ones he said to their faces.

I don't think Obama really cares what the GOP house thinks. He used to be that naive to think he could work with the GOP but now he should know better.

But George...if Barack Obama's Chief of Staff is making comments like "We've got the votes...fuck 'em." at the START of their administration then why is it that Republicans get blamed for being "knee jerk obstructionists"? Progressives LOVE to quote Mitch McConnell saying that his number one priority was to make sure Barack Obama was a one term President as "proof" that the GOP was unwilling to work with Obama but the truth is that McConnell made that statement a full YEAR after Obama had been in office...a year in which Republicans were locked out in the hall while Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid wrote ObamaCare and the Obama Stimulus. At that point the Obama agenda was quite clear and Republicans were only too aware that this was an Administration that wasn't going to seek a bi-partisan compromise on anything.

I'm amused by the howls of protest from the far left about how the GOP controlled House is refusing to compromise with Obama and the Democratically controlled Senate when for two YEARS those same people had no problem at all with an agenda driven solely by progressives. The voters sent those GOP House members to Washington because they were unhappy with the direction that Obama was taking the country but our current Administration ignored the "mandate" for change that was delivered in 2010.

The GOP needs to finally come to terms with Obama being in the White House and swallow what little pride they have left and begin to compromise. Take it like a man cons.

So I guess it's a chicken-and-the-egg dynamic...is that what you're saying? Obama and the Dems won handly in 2006 and 2008. Right? Agree? So when the GOP digs in it's heels in 2008, 2009, and 2010 before the midterms...were you here on this board saying, "Guys, the Dems have a mandate..work with them." I doubt it. But somehow, the GOP takes the house and has minor gains in the Senate in 2010 and it's supposed to be a watershed moment for the Dems to come over and lay down for the GOP?

Not one of your more intelligent posts but pretty average none the less.

When Obama wins on Tuesday, that will be a mandate. If the GOP continues to be the party of "no", the public should blame them.

Big whoop? The gains by the GOP in the House and Senate were the largest Party "swing" in recent history. It was indeed a "big whoop". The truth is Barack Obama did come into power with a mandate for "change" from the American people but what the mid-term elections two years later proved without question is that the vast majority of the electorate weren't happy with the version of change they received from the Obama Administration and made that displeasure abundantly clear with their votes.

So did Obama listen to the voters? Or did "he" dig in his heels and threaten to veto any legislation that the House passed that he felt was too conservative? Did he use "Executive Orders" in order to circumvent the elected representatives that the people sent to Washington? Did he continue to blame Republicans or the former President for the shortcomings of his own policies?

I'm sorry, Candy but the Party of No has been the Democrats for the past two years because they have refused to accept the message that the voters sent to them LOUDLY AND QUITE CLEARLY.

So many progressive here like to bring up Bill Clinton's successes as President but totally ignore that what brought about much of that success was his pivot to the center following the crushing defeat that the Democrats took during HIS first mid-term elections. Clinton was a savvy politician that responded to the message that the voters sent him. Barack Obama ignored the voter's message...basically telling us that HE knew what was best for the country and he would continue to push the same agenda as before.

I don't think Obama really cares what the GOP house thinks. He used to be that naive to think he could work with the GOP but now he should know better.

You're right. He does not. He never did. That's the whole point. Thanks for confirming it.

So many progressive here like to bring up Bill Clinton's successes as President but totally ignore that what brought about much of that success was his pivot to the center following the crushing defeat that the Democrats took during HIS first mid-term elections. Clinton was a savvy politician that responded to the message that the voters sent him. Barack Obama ignored the voter's message...basically telling us that HE knew what was best for the country and he would continue to push the same agenda as before.

Most of Clinton's successes came from taking GOP programs and making them his own. His failures came from the Democrats.
Obama's failures come from the Democrats too. His successes--well, he'd have to have some first.

Nothing unfortunate about it at all, because my take is not wrong. I'll tell you what, though. You are going to have every opportunity to prove me wrong during the next four years. Let's hope that the Republicans in Congress will change their attidue and will work with President Obama as he completes his second term.

Forum List

Back