Obama Is Clueless on Iran

Ahhh yes.... I get it now. You feel can disengage yourself from it because you personally did not agree and can absolve yourself from responsibility on that basis. I suppose I could attempt such a argument/position with regard to Obama's foolishness, but somehow I suspect that you would have a problem with that and insist that "we the people" have spoken and support his actions/policies and, therefore, we are all in this together. Am I warm?

why would i expect you to take responsiblity for something you abhor? and why should i take responsibility for something I thought was ignorant and based on a lie?

"The Iranian government must understand that the world is watching. We mourn each and every innocent life that is lost. We call on the Iranian government to stop all violent and unjust actions against its own people. The universal rights to assembly and free speech must be respected, and the United States stands with all who seek to exercise those rights.

As I said in Cairo, suppressing ideas never succeeds in making them go away. The Iranian people will ultimately judge the actions of their own government. If the Iranian government seeks the respect of the international community, it must respect the dignity of its own people and govern through consent, not coercion.

Martin Luther King once said - "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice." I believe that. The international community believes that. And right now, we are bearing witness to the Iranian peoples' belief in that truth, and we will continue to bear witness."

President Barack Obama

Of course it doesn't have the diplomatic zing that this highly nuanced McCain statement on Iran has:

Bomb bomb bomb, bomb-bomb Iran

But hey, what can I say?​

Those of you who voted for John McCain will just have to accept that instad of having a cowboy in the oval office, the USA is currently being run by the grownups.​

Maybe in 2012, you dunderheaded nitwits will get to put another freakin' moron in office like we've had for the last 8 years, and he'll get our nation involved in a THIRD land war in Asia.

Ahhh yes.... I get it now. You feel can disengage yourself from it because you personally did not agree and can absolve yourself from responsibility on that basis. I suppose I could attempt such a argument/position with regard to Obama's foolishness, but somehow I suspect that you would have a problem with that and insist that "we the people" have spoken and support his actions/policies and, therefore, we are all in this together. Am I warm?

why would i expect you to take responsiblity for something you abhor? and why should i take responsibility for something I thought was ignorant and based on a lie?

Ohhhh great! Then you're not a hypocrite. Now then, answer me this. Were you, or were you not, in that previous post, referring to Republicans/Conservatives/Righties when you said

haven't you people learned anything from the disaster your meddling caused in Iraq?

which led to

Ummm.... Why is it "you people" and "your meddling", Jillian? Would you care to take a walk down memory lane with me, cuz as I recall it was "us people" and "our meddling" if you insist on calling it meddling.

followed by your selective disengagement from resonsibility?

To your last question? No, not even close..

Do you see more than one question? If so, please point it/them out.

"The Iranian government must understand that the world is watching. We mourn each and every innocent life that is lost. We call on the Iranian government to stop all violent and unjust actions against its own people. The universal rights to assembly and free speech must be respected, and the United States stands with all who seek to exercise those rights.

As I said in Cairo, suppressing ideas never succeeds in making them go away. The Iranian people will ultimately judge the actions of their own government. If the Iranian government seeks the respect of the international community, it must respect the dignity of its own people and govern through consent, not coercion.

Martin Luther King once said - "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice." I believe that. The international community believes that. And right now, we are bearing witness to the Iranian peoples' belief in that truth, and we will continue to bear witness."

President Barack Obama

Of course it doesn't have the diplomatic zing that this highly nuanced McCain statement on Iran has:

Bomb bomb bomb, bomb-bomb Iran

But hey, what can I say?​

Those of you who voted for John McCain will just have to accept that instad of having a cowboy in the oval office, the USA is currently being run by the grownups.​

Maybe in 2012, you dunderheaded nitwits will get to put another freakin' moron in office like we've had for the last 8 years, and he'll get our nation involved in a THIRD land war in Asia.
come on ed, you are smarter than that
you know full well that that was a joke response to a specific question

I think we have addressed the title of this thread and proven it false. obama does know what he is doing in Iran. Even the Saintly Kenry K. said so. So, on to the next issue...

I think we have addressed the title of this thread and proven it false. obama does know what he is doing in Iran. Even the Saintly Kenry K. said so. So, on to the next issue...

So why did he condemn the mullahs today? :confused::cuckoo:

Our president grovels at the feet of Iran's "Supreme Leader".

Obama's arrogance has emboldened the Iranian religious extremists who do no fear anything from this boy king of ours.

And Israel watches with increasing unease, knowing if they to act, they will do so alone, with likely condemnation from this US government...

RealClearPolitics - Obama Clueless on Iran

So you disagree with Henry K? Have you been reading posts or did you just step off the frigin boat? Try a different method of attack please. This is getting old and obsolete.

Obama's arrogance has emboldened the Iranian religious extremists who do no fear anything from this boy king of ours.

And Israel watches with increasing unease, knowing if they to act, they will do so alone, with likely condemnation from this US government...

So you disagree with Henry K? Have you been reading posts or did you just step off the frigin boat? Try a different method of attack please. This is getting old and obsolete.
uh, jim, did you happen to notice that was the first post in this thread?

Riiiight...
For referring to the Supreme Leader? That's the man's title and he has been referred to as that by numerous Republicans as well. McCain called him Supreme Leader on the same day, Richard Lugar called him Supreme Leader four times in one hearing, and Wm. Kristol called him Supreme Leader in an article.

Last edited:

On Iran, Obama tiptoes
between outrage, diplomacy
Analysis: Fear of being used by Tehran is reflected in president's hands-off, hands-on policy. Full story
Analysis: Obama's firmer fine line on Iran - Iran- msnbc.com

Yes.... That really has the appearance of knowing what he is doing.

I disagree. As of right now, everyone with the least bit of common sense on this planet is looking at Ahmadinejad and thinking it is corrupt leaders like him that is responsible for the Middle East being the way it is. The planet wants him to step down or recount the votes. If the US intervenes it will take the attention away from Ahmadinejad.

It's not about Ahmandinejad either. He has no power--he is just a puppet for the Iranian Supreme Leader--who was appointed by whomever? I really don't know why they even have elections in Iran--the Supreme Leader is not elected by the people--yet he has total control over the military & the President.

Obama wants to meet with these guys? The 25 page letter that Bush received from Ahmenjenadad was full of religious ramblings--& nothing to do with nuclear weapons or power. I imagine Obama will meet the same fate.

Riiiight...
For referring to the Supreme Leader? That's the man's title and he has been referred to as that by numerous Republicans as well. McCain called him Supreme Leader on the same day, Richard Lugar called him Supreme Leader four times in one hearing, and Wm. Kristol called him Supreme Leader in an article.
uh, moron, thats the title of the actual leader of Iran
Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei

Ayatullah Ali Khamenei: Iran's Supreme Leader - TIME

Riiiight...

Congratulations, you got something right.

Congratulations, you got something right.
yeah, i got that whole post right, didnt i?

Forum List

Back