Obama Invites Iranian Officials to 4th of July Parties

I can scarcely believe any rightwing has the nerve to lecture liberals about iran.

Ronald Reagan illegally gave high tech weapons to Iran. Even Jimmy Carter wouldn't have dreamed of doing that. Carter would have been run out of the country if he did that.

Bush had 8 years to deal with this problem. Iran only got stronger, in part because of Bush's foolish war on Iraq. Bush was completely ineffective in resolving the nuclear issue.

Are rightwingers going to give Obama 8 years to try to solve the issue? Of course not. It's been four months and cons are crying about a problem that was created and exacerbated on their president's watch.

I don't know if Obama will be able to resolve this. But we already know the republican record on Iran: Give them high tech american weapons, cave in to them to free hostages, and sit around for 8 years and do nothing to solve the problem but whine.

I can scarcely believe any rightwing has the nerve to lecture liberals about iran.

Ronald Reagan illegally gave high tech weapons to Iran. Even Jimmy Carter wouldn't have dreamed of doing that. Carter would have been run out of the country if he did that.

Bush had 8 years to deal with this problem. Iran only got stronger, in part because of Bush's foolish war on Iraq. Bush was completely ineffective in resolving the nuclear issue.

Are rightwingers going to give Obama 8 years to try to solve the issue?
Of course not. It's been four months and cons are crying about a problem that was created and exacerbated on their president's watch.

I don't know if Obama will be able to resolve this. But we already know the republican record on Iran: Give them high tech american weapons, cave in to them to free hostages, and sit around for 8 years and do nothing to solve the problem but whine.

crybaby.. you blamed Bush and Bush alone for 9-11,, eat some crow!

Well, another option is for Obama to invite Achmedinejad to his summer home, break bread, take him for a boat ride, and stare deeply into his eyes to see his soul. Oh, wait. Obama doesn't have a summer home.

The BDS epidemic has metastasized into a pandemic of ODS. [chuckle]

Maybe Ahmedinejad, Michelle and Obama could go catch a Broadway show together? Oh how sweet, and then they could talk about how Ahmedinejad is going to wipe Israel off the map over dinner.

Then they can have Ahmedinejad, Israel stinking dead corpse sundaes......unfucking believable

Israel or ZIONISM, genius? which one of us do you think actually can provide evidence beyond what amounts to a cartoon about jews circa 1945 germany?

Evidence of what?

evidence of that silly little "israel off the map" crock of shit you people like to parade around with like a nazi passing out a cartoon. You want to discover the actual quote or should I go ahead and post that for you?

evidence of that silly little "israel off the map" crock of shit you people like to parade around with like a nazi passing out a cartoon. You want to discover the actual quote or should I go ahead and post that for you?

Hey you douche bag Hitler wantabe, the phrase came from Alamdouchbag's own mouth. Stop the propaganda, your hero stated it and now you as a insignificant little fool is going to have to accept it! God you are so dense. Y not go back on your boycott!

Hey you douche bag Hitler wantabe, the phrase came from Alamdouchbag's own mouth. Stop the propaganda, your hero stated it and now you as a insignificant little fool is going to have to accept it! God you are so dense. Y not go back on your boycott!

Then post yourself some evidence, motherfucker, so I can show you why you are no better than a cartoon wielding nazi. I DARE you, pussy.

But, chances are, you'll react like you always do and hide behind neg rep like your pet zionist nation hides behind the pant leg of America. Typical, really.

I Look forward to your link or your deafening silence.

Where did you read your history from?
A POSTAGE STAMP!

:rofl:

Until you learn how to post evidence beyond what bullshit you can scrounge up from the USPS you don't interest me. Go ahead and walk in line, zombie. You'll believe anything you are told and scream antisemite when you find that your only evidence is..

:rofl:

a POSTAGE STAMP!

:thup:

:lol:

:cool:

Why do these threads usually turn into name calling and put downs to the members who post? Isn't that counter-productive to active and intelligent discussion of current political events? Sounds pretty immature to me.

Last edited:

Ok, Mr. semantics, Israel should disappear from the pages of history. He didn't say wipe Israel off the map, that doesn't seem like a big difference to me. Especially in the light of these comments...
Ahmadinejad quotes | Iran news | Jerusalem Post
"Anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury."

"Remove Israel before it is too late and save yourself from the fury of regional nations."

"If the West does not support Israel, this regime will be toppled. As it has lost its raison d' tre, Israel will be annihilated."

SAN PEDRO SULA, Honduras -- In a new overture to Iran, the Obama administration has authorized U.S. embassies around the world to invite Iranian officials to Independence Day parties they host on or around July 4th.

A State Department cable sent to all U.S. embassies and consulates late last week said that U.S. diplomats could ask their Iranian counterparts to attend the festivities, which generally feature speeches about American values, fireworks, hot dogs and hamburgers.

The notice, sent on Friday, said that the posts "may invite representatives from the government of Iran" to the events, a State Department official said Tuesday, quoting from the document. The official spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss an internal communication.

It was not immediately clear how many embassies and consulates would actually invite Iranian diplomats to the July 4 parties or whether any Iranians would accept the invitations.

The cable was first reported by The New York Times.

The move comes amid the administration's ongoing efforts to engage Iran in variety of venues, including formal diplomatic meetings over its nuclear program, violence in Iraq and the situation in Afghanistan.

But Iran has given mixed responses to the overtures, which began early in the administration when President Barack Obama recorded a videotaped greeting to the Iranian people and its leaders for their new year.

Obama Invites Iranian Officials to 4th of July Parties - Political News - FOXNews.com[/url

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I must be missing something. Can you tell me why its a travesty that Obama invited some iranian diplomats to a party?

SAN PEDRO SULA, Honduras -- In a new overture to Iran, the Obama administration has authorized U.S. embassies around the world to invite Iranian officials to Independence Day parties they host on or around July 4th.

A State Department cable sent to all U.S. embassies and consulates late last week said that U.S. diplomats could ask their Iranian counterparts to attend the festivities, which generally feature speeches about American values, fireworks, hot dogs and hamburgers.

The notice, sent on Friday, said that the posts "may invite representatives from the government of Iran" to the events, a State Department official said Tuesday, quoting from the document. The official spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss an internal communication.

It was not immediately clear how many embassies and consulates would actually invite Iranian diplomats to the July 4 parties or whether any Iranians would accept the invitations.

The cable was first reported by The New York Times.

The move comes amid the administration's ongoing efforts to engage Iran in variety of venues, including formal diplomatic meetings over its nuclear program, violence in Iraq and the situation in Afghanistan.

But Iran has given mixed responses to the overtures, which began early in the administration when President Barack Obama recorded a videotaped greeting to the Iranian people and its leaders for their new year.

Obama Invites Iranian Officials to 4th of July Parties - Political News - FOXNews.com[/url

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I must be missing something. Can you tell me why its a travesty that Obama invited some iranian diplomats to a party?

"Anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury."

"Remove Israel before it is too late and save yourself from the fury of regional nations."

"If the West does not support Israel, this regime will be toppled. As it has lost its raison d' tre, Israel will be annihilated."

I guess that's Barack Obama's version of Tea Parties.

Riddle me this, batman.

In ten years on message boards, I can't recall one single time when Cons expressed the remotest outrage or regret that Ronald Reagan illegaly gave high tech american weapons to Iran, and allowed the Iranians to force him into bribing them for hostages' freedom.

What exactly is the deal with the faux outrage about a diplomatic party?

I'm going to assume that the "outrage" is completely fake, partisan, and lame. Unless you can provide me some evidence that Cons were shocked and outrage at Reagan's behavior towards iran.

Riddle me this, batman.

In ten years on message boards, I can't recall one single time when Cons expressed the remotest outrage or regret that Ronald Reagan illegaly gave high tech american weapons to Iran, and allowed the Iranians to force him into bribing them for hostages' freedom.

I'm going to assume that the "outrage" is completely fake, partisan, and lame. Unless you can provide me some evidence that Cons were shocked and outrage at Reagan's behavior towards iran.

Yes we should have let those hostages rot in jail. How completely humane of you.:cuckoo:

Riddle me this, batman.

Iran–Contra affair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Several investigations ensued, including those by the United States Congress and the three-man, Reagan-appointed Tower Commission. Neither found any evidence that President Reagan himself knew of the extent of the multiple programs.[1][2][5] In the end, fourteen administration officials were charged with crimes, and eleven convicted, including then-Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger.[9] They were all pardoned in the final days of the George H. W. Bush presidency, who had been vice-president at the time of the affair.[10]

Riddle me this, batman.

They sold Irainas spare parts for 1960s era F-4 Phantoms, not 'high tech weapons'. :lol:

Riddle me this, batman.

They sold Irainas spare parts for 1960s era F-4 Phantoms, not 'high tech weapons'. :lol:

Clearly a less damaging move than inviting them to parties.

Riddle me this, batman.

I'm sure by the Iranians attending the parties they will be releasing US hostages as well....:cuckoo:

I'm sure by the Iranians attending the parties they will be releasing US hostages as well....:cuckoo:
Yeah, I'm sure that they'll come around and embrace the American way if we continue to place them on "axis of evil" lists and marginalize them in the international community. What's the point of diplomacy unless it brings us an immediate and tangible benefit, right?

Forum List

Back