Obama Immigration speech transcript

He said a lot of things that have proven yet again that the right propaganda machine has been wrong all along, along with USMB rwer's that post here...

Seems like a simple, straightforward plan, likely to affect circa 5 million illegal immigrants. The rest remain untouched. This is not much different than what Pres. Reagan proposed in 1986.

Now, watch the Right scream bloody murder like banshees.

Just give me enough time to turn on my galactic recorder in order to preserve these ur-primal screams.

I wonder how many people will believe what he said.
He said over and over he could not do this.
Now he can?

What changed?

I wonder how many people will believe what he said.
He said over and over he could not do this.
Now he can?

What changed?

Not the Republicans, that's for sure. Don't look for them to actually do their jobs.

Bet they'll keep on with the same Do Nothing But Lie and Posture that the RWs love so much.

From the link:

And to those members of Congress who question my authority to make our immigration system work better or question the wisdom of me acting where Congress has failed, I have one answer: Pass a bill.

Isn't it funny that since the GOP took the Senate, that Obama feels NOW is the time to act, before they take control of the Senate?

Could it be that he understands that any bill that the GOP congress sends to him, he will not sign?

This is a purely political move that Obama made BECAUSE HE KNOWS that the GOP won't send him a bill he can sign.

So, lets just cut the bullshit, shall we?

Mark

From the link:

And to those members of Congress who question my authority to make our immigration system work better or question the wisdom of me acting where Congress has failed, I have one answer: Pass a bill.

Isn't it funny that since the GOP took the Senate, that Obama feels NOW is the time to act, before they take control of the Senate?

Could it be that he understands that any bill that the GOP congress sends to him, he will not sign?

This is a purely political move that Obama made BECAUSE HE KNOWS that the GOP won't send him a bill he can sign.

Mark

Yeah, like he hasn't been begging them to do their jobs for the past 6 years.

From the link:

Mark

Yeah, like he hasn't been begging them to do their jobs for the past 6 years.

So, why now? Why not wait until the new Congress is installed? I think we both know the answer, don't we?

Mark

Second, I’ll make it easier and faster for high-skilled immigrants, graduates and entrepreneurs to stay and contribute to our economy, as so many business leaders proposed.

Why? Depressed wages. There is NO STEM shortage.

If you’ve with been in America more than five years. If you have children who are American citizens or illegal residents. If you register, pass a criminal background check and you’re willing to pay your fair share of taxes, you’ll be able to apply to stay in this country temporarily without fear of deportation. You can come out of the shadows and get right with the law. That’s what this deal is.

Low wage workers have been displaced for over twenty years. Not five. What saves this is the word temporary.

It is a felony to use illegal SS Cards and Green Cards and other documents. An Illegal Alien can not obtain legal SS Cards and Green Cards. Therefore, they have committed a criminal act. Based on POTUS's Speech, they should be deported. Amnesty for Illegal Aliens who committed felonies? In many situations these illegal aliens have stolen the identity of American Citizens which is another felony.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back