Obama: I Delayed the Employer Mandate Because I Could. What Are You Gonna Do About it

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Obama: I Delayed the Employer Mandate Because I Could. What Are You Gonna Do About it?

The PJ Tatler » Obama: I Delayed the Employer Mandate Because I Could. What Are You Gonna Do About it?

Via Hot Air and Byron York, Barack Obama has crossed the constitutional Rubicon. The die is cast. He realizes as much, and is daring Congress to stop him in the pixels of the New York Times.

NYT: People questioned your legal and constitutional authority to do that unilaterally — to delay the employer mandate. Did you consult with your lawyer?

MR. OBAMA: Jackie, if you heard me on stage today, what I said was that I will seize any opportunity I can find to work with Congress to strengthen the middle class, improve their prospects, improve their security –

NYT: No, but specifically –

MR. OBAMA: — but where Congress is unwilling to act, I will take whatever administrative steps that I can in order to do right by the American people.

And if Congress thinks that what I’ve done is inappropriate or wrong in some fashion, they’re free to make that case…

He continues, delivering his usual boilerplate about how he’s the only one who cares about the three-letter word called “jobs” and the Republicans are just saying “no” to everything.

Then he hits them on their credentials to criticize.

But ultimately, I’m not concerned about their opinions — very few of them, by the way, are lawyers, much less constitutional lawyers.

Nice, coming from a once part-time adjunct professor. One of his fiercest critics, by the way, is Sen. Ted Cruz, who was a state solicitor general and has argued and won cases before the U.S. Supreme Court. Can President Jumpshot claim as much?

At least he's honest. ;)

Last edited:
1-The-King-Barack-Obama-And-His-Jester-78130.jpg

WEll the fact that the Unions, Congress and staffers are all trying to opt out of the ACA should tell everyone eveything they need to know about it. Its gonna suck and they all know it.

Oh and notice its delayed till after the elections.

Fuck it. Why bother to follow the law when no one in congress has the balls to call him on it. Worked the last time that he simply decided to ignore law.

We have lost control over our government; it no longer operates like it should.

WEll the fact that the Unions, Congress and staffers are all trying to opt out of the ACA should tell everyone eveything they need to know about it. Its gonna suck and they all know it.

Oh and notice its delayed till after the elections.

And imagine that, those 3 opting out were 3 of the biggest forces in pushing it's passing.

Forum List

Back