Obama hopes to enact new gun-control measures in 2013

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
this man hates us and our rights..what a horrible President..you people better get prepared

SNIP:
By Meghashyam Mali - 12/30/12 09:49 AM ET

President Obama on Sunday said he would make gun control a priority in his new term, pledging to put his “full weight” behind passing new restrictions on firearms in 2013.

“I'm going to be putting forward a package and I'm going to be putting my full weight behind it,” Obama said in an interview aired on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” “I'm going to be making an argument to the American people about why this is important and why we have to do everything we can to make sure that something like what happened at Sandy Hook Elementary does not happen again.”

In the wake of the Dec. 14 mass shooting at a Newtown, Conn., school, the president has launched a White House task force led by Vice President Biden to present proposals in January to help stem gun violence. Obama has said that he would seek a broad approach to the problem addressing the role of violence in entertainment and measures to improve mental healthcare.

But he has also called on Congress to move quickly to reinstate the federal assault weapons ban and a ban on the sale of high-capacity magazines.

Obama on Sunday repeated those calls and said he would meet with lawmakers on both sides of the aisles to see action.

“I've been very clear that an assault-rifle ban, banning these high capacity clips, background checks, that there are a set of issues that I have historically supported and will continue to support,” the president said.

“I'd like to get it done in the first year. I will put forward a very specific proposal based on the recommendations that Joe Biden's task force is putting together as we speak. And so this is not something that I will be putting off."

all of it here with lots of comments
Obama hopes to enact new gun-control measures in 2013 - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

The President has said that he will support gun reform if it is what the American people want.

“We’re not going to get this done unless the American people decide it’s important and so this is not going to be a matter of me spending political capital. One of the things that you learn having now been in this office for four years. The old adage of Abraham Lincoln’s, ‘with public opinion there is nothing you can’t do and without public opinion there is very little you can get done in this town.’” ~ Barack Obama

The President has said that he will support gun reform if it is what the American people want.

“We’re not going to get this done unless the American people decide it’s important and so this is not going to be a matter of me spending political capital. One of the things that you learn having now been in this office for four years. The old adage of Abraham Lincoln’s, ‘with public opinion there is nothing you can’t do and without public opinion there is very little you can get done in this town.’” ~ Barack Obama

Look up the difference between reform and control. You might be surprised who has no issue with reform.:cool:

Well, at least now the dude has two items on his agenda. Before a group of children got massacred by a crazy fuck, we only had one agenda item going into a 4 year term. And that deal should have been closed already.

This dude is not a leader. He's an agitator.

as I said, too bad for you we don't live in a MOB Democracy..though some of you WISH we did now that Obama is President

this man hates us and our rights..what a horrible President..you people better get prepared

SNIP:

President Obama on Sunday said he would make gun control a priority in his new term, pledging to put his “full weight” behind passing new restrictions on firearms in 2013.

“I'm going to be putting forward a package and I'm going to be putting my full weight behind it,” Obama said in an interview aired on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” “I'm going to be making an argument to the American people about why this is important and why we have to do everything we can to make sure that something like what happened at Sandy Hook Elementary does not happen again.”

In the wake of the Dec. 14 mass shooting at a Newtown, Conn., school, the president has launched a White House task force led by Vice President Biden to present proposals in January to help stem gun violence. Obama has said that he would seek a broad approach to the problem addressing the role of violence in entertainment and measures to improve mental healthcare.

But he has also called on Congress to move quickly to reinstate the federal assault weapons ban and a ban on the sale of high-capacity magazines.

Obama on Sunday repeated those calls and said he would meet with lawmakers on both sides of the aisles to see action.

“I've been very clear that an assault-rifle ban, banning these high capacity clips, background checks, that there are a set of issues that I have historically supported and will continue to support,” the president said.

“I'd like to get it done in the first year. I will put forward a very specific proposal based on the recommendations that Joe Biden's task force is putting together as we speak. And so this is not something that I will be putting off."

Obama hopes to enact new gun-control measures in 2013 - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

The scariest thing to me is the hate and fear mongering by stupid people like Stephanie and that other stupid people join with her in voting. Not only should some gun control be on the agenda of all elected officials in Congress those who fail to do so and actually take money and direction from the NRA violate the very essence of their duty to provide for the "common Defense and the general Welfare" of our people (Section 8, Clause 1 or Article I).

Last edited:

SNIP:

The scariest thing to me is the hate and fear mongering by stupid people like Stephanie and that other stupid people join with her in voting. Not only should some gun control be on the agenda of all elected officials in Congress those who fail to do so and actually take money and direction from the NRA violate the very essence of their duty to provide for the "common Defense and the general Welfare" of our people (Section 8, Clause 1 or Article I).

Yeah because oBUMa doesn't take or is influenced by lobbyist money. :cool:

So what!?

He changed his "mind", flip-flopped and reneged his stand on traditional marriage, too.

He always says and does what is politically expedient.

Well, at least now the dude has two items on his agenda. Before a group of children got massacred by a crazy fuck, we only had one agenda item going into a 4 year term. And that deal should have been closed already.

AGITATOR is the only occupation his training as a "community organizer" enabled him to do.

uppidy, eighty?

Steph:

Don't drink too much tonight and have sex with someone you don't know.

Most Americans are demanding something be done about the gun problem in our country.

washington-state-celebration.gif

SNIP:

They ALL do. Yet not all supported CU v. FEC, only morons like Stephanie and the rest of the echo chamber do. The NRA's response to Sandy Hook is more guns, something even the dull normal get; that Stephanie and her kind believe the FF's intent was to allow for seditious talk/expression and private citizens to own weapons of mass destruction is beyond comprehension of most citizens.

Last edited:

They ALL do. Yet not all supported CU v. FEC, only morons like Stephanie and the rest of the echo chamber do. The NRA's response to Sandy Hook is more guns, something even the dull normal get; that Stephanie and her kind believe the FF's intent was to allow for seditious talk/expression and private citizens to own weapons of mass destruction is beyond comprehension of most citizens.

As I posted earlier to another party...there is a difference between control and reform. Something will happen but it won't change a thing.

If the NRA and the gun nuts had made some reasonable suggestions to keep the weapons of war out of the hands of the crazies, perhaps the rest of the citizens would be interested in their view points. However, the standard idiocy of more guns is all that we have heard from them. So now you people are going to see more gun control. Too bad. Many here predicted that, and the onus is on you.

How long will Obama run with this new agaenda item? WIll you supporters forget about the tax the rich since everyones went up and now this is the new "99% vs. 1%" argument?

And when nothing comes of this, what will the next move be, supporters? What is Obama's next move? To negotitate over the fical cliff for the next 4 years?

If the NRA and the gun nuts had made some reasonable suggestions to keep the weapons of war out of the hands of the crazies, perhaps the rest of the citizens would be interested in their view points. However, the standard idiocy of more guns is all that we have heard from them. So now you people are going to see more gun control. Too bad. Many here predicted that, and the onus is on you.

Yeah Peebles, I'm sure gun owners are quaking in their boots. The guns they own...aren't going anywhere. Then what?

Forum List

Back