Obama Headed Towards Electoral Disaster In 2012

Excellent question, well put. What do you think your odds are of receiving an intelligent answer? :eusa_hand:

Im not confident of my odds of recieving any answer.

You are not giving the american people enough credit. They know Obama is fixing the mess left to him by bush.

Ryan, thanks for the win in 2012. You reminded us how crazy that side really is.

Unemployment: Higher than 1 Jan 2009
Inflation: Higher than 1 Jan 2009
Gas prices: Higher than 1 Jan 2009
Wars US is party to: MOre than 1 Jan 2009
Foreclosures: Higher than 1 Jan 2009

Someone stop him before he "fixes" any more!

Excellent question, well put. What do you think your odds are of receiving an intelligent answer? :eusa_hand:

You are not giving the american people enough credit. They know Obama is fixing the mess left to him by bush.

Ryan, thanks for the win in 2012. You reminded us how crazy that side really is.

obie doodle is fixing the mess? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::eusa_liar:

Independents are generally an intelligent bunch, so I don't think they would go back to the Republican side. Our memories of the Bush admin. are very much intact.

Please address the reality of the Obama administration.... you know...

50,000,000 unemployed
$14,000,000,000,000 debt
$1,200,000,000,000 deficits
$5 gas
Inflation
Worthless dollar
3 wars
Tanked housing market.. still
Stagnant stock market

What is the Republican plan to address reality?

More tax cuts for the wealthy...

Yes, we must have more tax cuts. Nobody should have to pay taxes.

So, the notion that increasing taxes on 1% of the population is, well, either very naive or just plain dumb

That's not even a sentence. Be careful about what and whom you call naive or dumb.

Typical class warfare response.

Oh, and the record shows it's the Republicans who are attacking the middle class and America is waking up to it...finally.

We can only hope.

No, Im not giving Mr Peepers any credit.

I'm giving the American people alot of credit. Because i don't think they are honestly going to accept the "It's Bush's fault" argument after 4 years of Obama.

You on the other hand, apparently believe they are stupid.

Us independent free thinkers know we're effed, the economy has essentially been a constant disaster since we had a rep prez/rep congress, rep prez/dem congress, dem prez/dem congress and now dem prez with a good amount of reps. So if a voter was alive from 2001-2011 they understand that both parties will continue to spend us and policy-decision us into economic disaster.

All that said, I think Obama wins easily, wish it weren't the case but sure seems like it now.

Who would you like to run and/or win?

I am an Obama fan and I can't see anyone I'd rather have in the WH.

I'm giving the American people alot of credit. Because i don't think they are honestly going to accept the "It's Bush's fault" argument after 4 years of Obama.

And I don't believe that the American people are going to accept, "We must cut Medicare and Social Security benefits to the poor and elderly but need to give the wealthy another tax cut".

Poll: Taxing the rich favored over Medicare cuts - Jennifer Epstein - POLITICO.com

So let's see if the GOP candidates continue to beat the "Trickle Down Economics" drum this eleaction.

50,000,000 unemployed
$14,000,000,000,000 debt
$5 gas
Inflation
Worthless dollar
3 wars
Stagnant stock market

What is the Republican plan to address reality?

More tax cuts for the wealthy...

Yes, we must have more tax cuts. Nobody should have to pay taxes.

You'll be glad to know we're half way there already.
Now if we could just get the PRODUCTIVE half some tax relief.

And I don't believe that the American people are going to accept, "We must cut Medicare and Social Security benefits to the poor and elderly but need to give the wealthy another tax cut".

Poll: Taxing the rich favored over Medicare cuts - Jennifer Epstein - POLITICO.com

So let's see if the GOP candidates continue to beat the "Trickle Down Economics" drum this eleaction.

Chris Christie seems to be doing ok with "Everyone else has lied to you, I'm the one telling the truth."
Hopefully the average American is even smarter than people in NJ.

Independents are generally an intelligent bunch, so I don't think they would go back to the Republican side. Our memories of the Bush admin. are very much intact.

What the hell was independents' problem last year, then?

Obama and his democrat congress performed so bad that we were willing to eat republican shit instead of democrat rat poison.

NY-26 proved just how stupid you are, and how unreliable ANYTHING coming from Rasmussen is.

fail...........its amazing how Dems can do when they run as Tea Party candidates s0n!!!

Anyway...........Ive been sayng for months that already, the math is seriouosly dour for Obama in terms of the electoral college. Pennsylvania and Florida are already going to be red states and the chances of Ohio going blue again get smaller every day. New Hapmshire might well go red as well. Zero red states will be going blue.........100% certainty. Even with Bob McNut running for the GOP, its going to be a dead heat and that doesnt take into consideration the economy going further into the shitter.

And dont forget..........in 2008, the GOP got almost 50 million votes running the lamest-ass boring retread, John McCain.

burger-king-halloween-mask-2-2.jpg

You might want to rethink that thinking, lol.

Ohio Gov. John Kasich gets low approval numbers in another poll
Published: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 5:25 PM Updated: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 8:42 AM
By Reginald Fields, The Plain Dealer The Plain Dealer
Follow

Amy Sancetta, Associated PressGov. John Kasich

COLUMBUS, Ohio - A new poll released today suggests the longer Gov. John Kasich is in office the more voters dislike him.

The Republican governor's approval number has slipped to just 33 percent while his disapproval figure rose to 56 percent, according to a survey (pdf) from Public Policy Polling, a Democratic polling company. The numbers are a little worse than in March when the poll was last taken.

The polling firm said Kasich's disapproval number is the highest in the country among polls taken on 38 governors, tied only by Florida's Rick Scott.

Ohio Gov. John Kasich gets low approval numbers in another poll | cleveland.com

I think the Republicans are going to have a lot of trouble in Ohio and Florida come next November.
pfffft

If you are a Democrat, press 1. If a Republican,
press 2. If you are an independent or identify
with another party, press 3.
Democrat ........................................................ 45%
Republican...................................................... 35%
Independent/Other.......................................... 20%

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_OH_0525.pdf

50,000,000 unemployed
$14,000,000,000,000 debt
$5 gas
Inflation
Worthless dollar
3 wars
Stagnant stock market

You guys must live in some sort of alternative universe you have confused with this one.

1. 50,000,000 unemployed? I don't think I need to explain why that one is laughable.

2. The deficit was just as high under Bush's last budget. It's funny how revenues tanking due to an economic slump can balloon the deficit.

3. The average price of a gallon of gas is $3.80, according to AAA. The highest price ever record was actually during the Bush administration ($4.11 in July 2008), though it's a meaningless data point anyway because the president has basically zero impact on gas prices.

4. Core inflation is 1.3%. If anything, we should be concerned about it being too low.

5. Two of the three conflicts were already on-going when Obama entered office, and the new "war" is pretty hard to define as such.

Also, "stagnant stock market"?

The Dow is up 47%.
The S&P 500 is up 53%.
The NASDAQ is up 79%.

A recent Rasmussen poll showed only 25% of Americans who strongly support President Obama, with 36% who strongly disapprove of him! Also, recent polls show 68% of independents are leaning towards the republican candidate.

Since registered democrats and republicans are roughly split 40% to 40%, the 20% of independents will decide the election in 2012, as usual.

With a shift of 7 electoral votes due to the 2010 census, from blue states to red states, Obama might be facing an uphill battle for reelection in 2012.

Why Barack Obama may be heading for electoral disaster in 2012 – Telegraph Blogs

NY-26 proved just how stupid you are, and how unreliable ANYTHING coming from Rasmussen is.

If you think an Election in which it took a 3rd party candidate pretending to be a tea Party member to barely win with less than 50% of the vote means anything you are a the one who is stupid. For gods sake man, the Democrat won with less than 1% more of the vote, than the last Democrat who lost the District. Figure it out. With out the Fake Tea Party 3rd Candidate you lost.

Last edited:
2. The deficit was just as high under Bush's last budget. It's funny how revenues tanking due to an economic slump can balloon the deficit.
Pure Horse shit. Bushes last Deficit, When you add both Off budget Wars, and Tarp(which was a 1 time deal that is being paid back) Is just barely as high as every single Deficit Obama has ran. Every Deficit Bush Ran before Tarp was about 1/3 the Average Obama Deficit, Even counting the Wars.

4. Core inflation is 1.3%. If anything, we should be concerned about it being too low.
More Horseshit. Government numbers deliberately and openly do not include things like Fuel, and Food in their inflation Statistics. Prices on those things are sky rocketing. Beef is up 300% in 6 months, Corn tripled in price as well. The cost for people to get to places, and feed their families has risen at a pace far out pacing the governments BS numbers.

5. Two of the three conflicts were already on-going when Obama entered office, and the new "war" is pretty hard to define as such.
Again Pure Horse shit.

Obama chose to ramp up 1 of the 2 that he inherited, and Calling Libya a non war is a lie. We are committing acts of war daily. We Are Despite the Presidents lies, still providing the lions share of strikes. NATO just announced this week, that it is likely going to take Boots on the ground to accomplish the mission in Libya.

Man the stink of horse shit coming from you Obama Defenders is nauseating.

50,000,000 unemployed
$14,000,000,000,000 debt
$5 gas
Inflation
Worthless dollar
3 wars
Stagnant stock market

You guys must live in some sort of alternative universe you have confused with this one.

1. 50,000,000 unemployed? I don't think I need to explain why that one is laughable.

3. The average price of a gallon of gas is $3.80, according to AAA. The highest price ever record was actually during the Bush administration ($4.11 in July 2008), though it's a meaningless data point anyway because the president has basically zero impact on gas prices.

Great explanation thanks.

Pure Horse shit. Bushes last Deficit, When you add both Off budget Wars, and Tarp(which was a 1 time deal that is being paid back) Is just barely as high as every single Deficit Obama has ran. Every Deficit Bush Ran before Tarp was about 1/3 the Average Obama Deficit, Even counting the Wars.

Bush wasn't in charge during the depths of a recession caused by a financial crisis.

More Horseshit. Government numbers deliberately and openly do not include things like Fuel, and Food in their inflation Statistics. Prices on those things are sky rocketing. Beef is up 300% in 6 months, Corn tripled in price as well. The cost for people to get to places, and feed their families has risen at a pace far out pacing the governments BS numbers.

Key word: core. Core excludes food and fuel because those prices thrust about wildly. If you were to set policy based on those figures, you'd end up targeting too high.

Again Pure Horse shit.

Obama chose to ramp up 1 of the 2 that he inherited, and Calling Libya a non war is a lie. We are committing acts of war daily. We Are Despite the Presidents lies, still providing the lions share of strikes. NATO just announced this week, that it is likely going to take Boots on the ground to accomplish the mission in Libya.

Man the stink of horse shit coming from you Obama Defenders is nauseating.

You're so bitter he got Bin Laden, aren't you?

But as for Libya, it's rubbish to call it a war unless you also say we were at war with Iraq throughout the 1990s.

A recent Rasmussen poll showed only 25% of Americans who strongly support President Obama, with 36% who strongly disapprove of him! Also, recent polls show 68% of independents are leaning towards the republican candidate.

Since registered democrats and republicans are roughly split 40% to 40%, the 20% of independents will decide the election in 2012, as usual.

With a shift of 7 electoral votes due to the 2010 census, from blue states to red states, Obama might be facing an uphill battle for reelection in 2012.

Why Barack Obama may be heading for electoral disaster in 2012 – Telegraph Blogs

I hope all of the right wing lunatics go to sleep every single night and just dream about it. Because that's the only way it will ever come true. When they wake up on the morning of November 7, 2012, they will find that President Obama has won a second term as president of the good Ole US Of A.

Forum List

Back