Obama headed to Gwyneth Paltrow's house

Looks like I won't be seeing any more Iron Man movies. Bitch.

Gwyneth Paltrow's Los Angeles neighborhood is home to some unwelcoming artwork.
Posters plastered on telephone poles and utility boxes mock the Oscar-winning actress's support for President Obama ahead of his visit to her home for a Democratic fundraiser on Thursday.
There appear to be two different posters, each tacked up in multiple areas around Brentwood. One features a photo of Obama, torn away from the American flag. The poster reads "Conscious Uncoupling," a phrase popularized by Paltrow and her ex, rocker Chris Martin, when they called it quits.
The second poster features Paltrow wearing an Obama button. Above and below the image are the words "Obama Drone."
While the posters are up near Paltrow's home, they reportedly aren't the work of disgruntled neighbors, Curbed reports. Rather, they were created by a self-described artist who posts his right-wing views on his Twitter feed.
The fundraiser is expected to raise big money for the Democratic National Committee, which faces a series of tough midterm elections next month.
For those attending, the seats won't be cheap. Tickets start at $1,000 per head. Backers willing to drop $15,000 will score a dinner (hopefully a good one) and photo with the president.
Of course, this isn't the first time somebody took a shot at Paltrow, whose Goop lifestyle site draws plenty of haters. Earlier this month, Martha Stewart said Paltrow should "be quiet" and stop trying "to be Martha Stewart."
Asked about those comments, Paltrow responded gamely. "I think that when anybody criticizes anyone, it's revealing more about where they are in time and space as opposed to where you are in time and space. I think generally we tend to lash out if we're in a, you know it's usually a reflection of something else. At this point in my life I don't take it personally. I see it as a projection."

Obama Drone Gwyneth Paltrow-Mocking Posters Pop Up Ahead of Presidential Visit Yahoo Celebrity - Yahoo Celebrity
Did you think that she or Robert Downey, Jr. were republican? :confused-84:
Ummm, nooooooo, I knew she was a lib, which is cause enough to avoid her like the plague, but hosting a fundraiser for Obama is downright unAmerican.

Dont get upset boys. Get used to it. This next generation of white women are out of their minds about Black guys.
They're out of their minds about black men today you mean. Where I live, when you see a black guy, it's nearly a guarantee they'll be a white girl tagging along.
I certainly don't blame the black dudes for their choice of beauty, and then there's the fact that half of all black women have the Herpes virus.

Its not beauty. Nothing more beautiful than a Black woman. Its ease of access. My friends daughter who is white has been schooled on not being one of those white girls. I have talked to her about letting the guys prove themselves to her first and never running after one. I hope it makes a difference because she is flat out nuts about Black guys.

Who told you half of Black women have herpes and how would they possibly know this unless they tested all Black women? You must be drunk.

I thought it had become common knowledge. Surprised you haven't been aware of the CDC report from a few years back.

UPDATE: CDC Stands Behind Report That Half Of Black Women Have Herpes

Despite a recent article on The Root (and aggregated here on NewsOne) suggesting that recent reports of very high levels of herpes infection among Black women were inaccurate, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) stands behind its findings.

According to data gathered by the National Health and Nutrition Survey, 48% of African-American women are infected with genital herpes.

“The CDC stands firmly behind the data,” said Scott Bryan, a spokesman for the organization. The report, which can be accessed here, discussed the current infection rates for women of several different races, including Black women. “We feel that it’s an accurate estimate of the prevalence of genital herpes among multiple populations,” Bryan said.

UPDATE CDC Stands Behind Report That Half Of Black Women Have Herpes News One

Dont get upset boys. Get used to it. This next generation of white women are out of their minds about Black guys.
They're out of their minds about black men today you mean. Where I live, when you see a black guy, it's nearly a guarantee they'll be a white girl tagging along.
I certainly don't blame the black dudes for their choice of beauty, and then there's the fact that half of all black women have the Herpes virus.

Its not beauty. Nothing more beautiful than a Black woman. Its ease of access. My friends daughter who is white has been schooled on not being one of those white girls. I have talked to her about letting the guys prove themselves to her first and never running after one. I hope it makes a difference because she is flat out nuts about Black guys.

Who told you half of Black women have herpes and how would they possibly know this unless they tested all Black women? You must be drunk.

I thought it had become common knowledge. Surprised you haven't been aware of the CDC report from a few years back.

Despite a recent article on The Root (and aggregated here on NewsOne) suggesting that recent reports of very high levels of herpes infection among Black women were inaccurate, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) stands behind its findings.

According to data gathered by the National Health and Nutrition Survey, 48% of African-American women are infected with genital herpes.

“The CDC stands firmly behind the data,” said Scott Bryan, a spokesman for the organization. The report, which can be accessed here, discussed the current infection rates for women of several different races, including Black women. “We feel that it’s an accurate estimate of the prevalence of genital herpes among multiple populations,” Bryan said.

Sounds like a lie or someone fooled you with stats. When exactly did they interview all Black women?

Sounds like a lie or someone fooled you with stats. When exactly did they interview all Black women?

It's the Center for Disease Control , and they've always stood behind the findings. Obviously it's not possible to check an entire group of people, so it's an estimate based on available data.

It's the Center for Disease Control , and they've always stood behind the findings. Obviously it's not possible to check an entire group of people, so it's an estimate based on available data.

So obviously you dont know what you are talking about then. OK so when did they interview half of all Black women? Do you always fall for stats that cant possibly be true just because someone said it was true? What available data would it be that tells them half of all Black women have herpes?

Last edited:

OK so when did they interview half of all Black women? Do you always fall for stats that cant possibly be true just because someone said it was true? What available data would it be that tells them half of all Black women have herpes?
It's the Center for Disease Control, ask them.

OK so when did they interview half of all Black women? Do you always fall for stats that cant possibly be true just because someone said it was true? What available data would it be that tells them half of all Black women have herpes?
I asked you since you said it was true. So you admit you let people just tell you things and you accept them without any type of logical or intellectual thought? Thats like saying 100% of all white women are taught to give great blow jobs.

Last edited:

I asked you since you said it was true. So you admit you let people just tell you things and you accept them without any type of logical or intellectual thought? Thats like saying 100% of all white women are taught to give great blow jobs.

Since it's the CDC I'm willing to take their word for it. They're hardly a little league agency.
I guess I would have to ask you why you would dispute their findings ?

Since it's the CDC I'm willing to take their word for it. They're hardly a little league agency.
I guess I would have to ask you why you would dispute their findings ?
Because you cant explain how they would know that or what mysterious available data you claim they have.

Forum List

Back