Obama has squandered an opportunity

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
it is pretty clear that America wants to make peace with iran and I don't have a problem with it but often wonder whether or not we could have used this to push equal rights for gays and women in this country. They want nuclear power and want us off of their back to pursue those interest. Does the deal Obama unilaterally worked out with Iran include provisions that would push that country in that direction? How about protecting the religious rights of nonmuslims that exist in that country? I know such an agreement is unenforceable but just the act of acknowledging these rights by a country like Iran may push the entire region in that direction. Do we stand up for the rights of women all across the world except in places that don't agree with them? If so, what is the point of pushing for women rights only in places that already have them?

it is pretty clear that America wants to make peace with iran and I don't have a problem with it but often wonder whether or not we could have used this to push equal rights for gays and women in this country. They want nuclear power and want us off of their back to pursue those interest. Does the deal Obama unilaterally worked out with Iran include provisions that would push that country in that direction? How about protecting the religious rights of nonmuslims that exist in that country? I know such an agreement is unenforceable but just the act of acknowledging these rights by a country like Iran may push the entire region in that direction. Do we stand up for the rights of women all across the world except in places that don't agree with them? If so, what is the point of pushing for women rights only in places that already have them?
Shit, you have to be deluded.

Obama has no deal, gays will still be hanged, or stoned, or thrown off buildings, and women will keep their place.

Book it.

• Banned

Obama has no deal, gays will still be hanged, or stoned, or thrown off buildings, and women will keep their place.

Book it.

Am I deluded in thinking that Obama cares about the rights of anyone living anywhere?

• Banned
You sure are. Where do you think wiping a nation of mankind off the planet fits into our president's heart for humanity? It wasn't even an option to address, and didn't slow the Muslim Pres. down one bit.

"I believe our governments together have an obligation to uphold the universal freedoms and rights of all our citizens, --- words of Obama can't be untrue...can they?

There is one interesting dilemma when governments are responsible for upholding rights which is whose rights does it uphold. should the rights of the baker be upheld against the rights of the fa...gay? Government has to pick whose rights have to be upheld which would place all of our rights under the decision making power of those in power. Would it favor the rights of those it likes. An example would be favouring the rights of a free press for new agencies that publish favourable news stories for those in power but limiting those rights for those that don't. The press would then write positive stories about that candidate (which seems like what we have under Obama) just to stay in business.

You are going to dictate what other countries should do with their 1000 years tradition? How about the saudi a violator of human rights? Who are we to say that they should fit our world? Obama made a nuclear deal with Iran but not normal relations.

You are going to dictate what other countries should do with their 1000 years tradition? How about the saudi a violator of human rights? Who are we to say that they should fit our world? Obama made a nuclear deal with Iran but not normal relations.

This argument only appears when we want to promote liberty or as a defence of our great leader. It never shows up when communist from around the world wants to change America.

Book it.

Am I deluded in thinking that Obama cares about the rights of anyone living anywhere?
You are deluded if you think any foreign leader gives a shit what Obama gives a shit about.

Book it.

He can CARE all he wants...

A lovely unicorns-and-rainbows theme...

That, and $3.50, will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks...

Jesus-H-Tap-Dancing-Christ-on-a-Crutch... hurry, January 20, 2017...

Forum List

Back