Obama has 'blood on his hands' for stealing from Medicare

if over half a trillion cut doesn't wake people up.....just wait until Obama's Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB) kicks in a few years from now....:eusa_whistle:

If Medicare cost growth remains as low as it's been lately, the IPAB will never kick in.

Isn't there about a $300 billion shortage in Medicare each year.....with 10,000 more seniors coming into the program EACH DAY.....?

...it'll kick in....count on it.....unless we get rid of obamacare....and adopt Ryan's plan....
If Romney wins, the ACA will be repealed, and replaced with RomneyCare, which for the most part will be very silimar to the ACA. Ryan's plan is a nice piece of paper, but no one wants it, including Romney.

wake up.....seniors WILL be losing.....but of course not before the election.....:rolleyes:

i heard a senior on a radio show today that said his premium for Medicare started a couple years ago at about $90.....but is scheduled to increase to about $225 by 2014....that's almost 300% increase....!

on top of that Obama has stolen well over half a TRILLION bucks from Medicare....which means Medicare won't be reimbursing the doctors as much for various procedures.....and that means many doctors will stop accepting Medicare patients and that means seniors will be waiting in long lines for rationed care by the few left....

....forget the Obamalama talk......Obama is just fooling the seniors......he really does not care about them.....he more interested in busting the current system in order to establish socialized medicine...

Wow

You really need to shut off lushbo and his minions and learn for yourself.

I've had Medicare for more than 2 years now and have seen nothing of the kind.

And, as usual, you're confusing President Obama with thieves like Ryan and Boehner, among others.

OTOH, if you have PROOF ... by all means, post it.

that's what the senior said....:dunno:

you appear to be right about the PartB payment....at least according to snopes....
snopes.com: A Message from Blue Cross/Blue Shield

however......seniors are still losing under Obama....

Our insurance is with BCBS. We have already gotten one check from them and the notification of a second.

I hate ins companies. The US is the only country in the world where insurance companies decide who gets care and who does not. AC ends that.

AC forces ins companies to spend 80% on patients.

THAT is why the R is against it.

If Medicare cost growth remains as low as it's been lately, the IPAB will never kick in.

Isn't there about a $300 billion shortage in Medicare each year.....with 10,000 more seniors coming into the program EACH DAY.....?

...it'll kick in....count on it.....unless we get rid of obamacare....and adopt Ryan's plan....
If Romney wins, the ACA will be repealed, and replaced with RomneyCare, which for the most part will be very silimar to the ACA. Ryan's plan is a nice piece of paper, but no one wants it, including Romney.

That's not what RobMe has said. Its also the opposite of what his owners have said.

Please post any evidence that RobMe plans to doing anything at all to benefit the peasants when in fact, his allegiance is with Bit Money.

The Republican Governors who won't take Medicaid money are only hurting the people in their State who can benefit from it.

That isnt true LIAR...

They are preventing their states from additional financial burdens the state can not pay for.

You forgot to mention the cost burden shifts.

But then again you might think paying high costs for everything actually saves.

Democrats are not very smart...........

These Governors are turning down money that would be given to them by the Federal Government to pay for a Medicaid expansion that would cover more people without healthcare and they are doing it for purely partisan reasons.

That sucks.

Wow

You really need to shut off lushbo and his minions and learn for yourself.

I've had Medicare for more than 2 years now and have seen nothing of the kind.

And, as usual, you're confusing President Obama with thieves like Ryan and Boehner, among others.

OTOH, if you have PROOF ... by all means, post it.

that's what the senior said....:dunno:

you appear to be right about the PartB payment....at least according to snopes....
snopes.com: A Message from Blue Cross/Blue Shield

however......seniors are still losing under Obama....

Our insurance is with BCBS. We have already gotten one check from them and the notification of a second.

I hate ins companies. The US is the only country in the world where insurance companies decide who gets care and who does not. AC ends that.

AC forces ins companies to spend 80% on patients.

THAT is why the R is against it.

It is not... A good portion of the resistance is the freebees the mandatory purchase requires.

You guys dont know a damn thing about lowering costs. It would have been nice if the legislation actually acheived its name sake. Instead just price increases, and if that isnt enough, we have the fed making sure you get hit with inflation.

No PROOF here either.

Just lots of really idiotic accusations from uninformed rw's.

IOW --- SSDD.

The Republican Governors who won't take Medicaid money are only hurting the people in their State who can benefit from it.

That isnt true LIAR...

They are preventing their states from additional financial burdens the state can not pay for.

These Governors are turning down money that would be given to them by the Federal Government to pay for a Medicaid expansion that would cover more people without healthcare and they are doing it for purely partisan reasons.

That sucks.

True.

I had minor surgery last week. I thought the surgery site might have gotten infected so went to urgent care. A young woman came to the window and asked how much to be seen and was told $250. She sighed and left.

In Brussels, I had an ear infection and couldn't fly. I've described this several times so suffice it to say I saw a doctor twice, two scrips and a couple of OTC meds cost me less than $150USD. No waiting, no hassle. Just excellent care.

US citizens aren't good enough to get the same care I got in Brussels OR that our congress takes for granted while refusing to let us peasants have it.

Stupid rw's fight to be treated like a third world country why paying a premium price.

You rw's will be glad to hear that RobMe and his bosses will be more than happy to give you exactly that.

Enrollment growth is irrelevant. The IPAB is only tasked with making recommendations when the per capita growth rate of Medicare exceeds the target.

Per enrollee spending growth in Medicare has slowed to the point that the IPAB may not be asked to do anything at all (this, incidentally, is also why Ryan's Wreck Medicare plan is unnecessary--his per enrolle spending targets are now being met).

wow...you really are in lalaland.....Medicare is going fucking BROKE....

Trustees: Medicare Will Go Broke in 2016, If You Exclude Obamacare's Double-Counting - Forbes

You gotta' be kidding.......

You obviously aren't a senior on Medicare if you're of the opinion that we seniors are all happy campers with the state of health care these days.

And you seem to think that we can't see anything past our nose to see the magnitude of the problems facing us.

You seem to think that none of us are aware that Obamacare just lost its major source of funding thru the decision of the USSC.

Sorry, dude! We don't drool and we haven't had lobotomies.

That isnt true LIAR...

That sucks.

True.

I had minor surgery last week. I thought the surgery site might have gotten infected so went to urgent care. A young woman came to the window and asked how much to be seen and was told $250. She sighed and left.

In Brussels, I had an ear infection and couldn't fly. I've described this several times so suffice it to say I saw a doctor twice, two scrips and a couple of OTC meds cost me less than $150USD. No waiting, no hassle. Just excellent care.

US citizens aren't good enough to get the same care I got in Brussels OR that our congress takes for granted while refusing to let us peasants have it.

Stupid rw's fight to be treated like a third world country why paying a premium price.

You rw's will be glad to hear that RobMe and his bosses will be more than happy to give you exactly that.

you got lucky.....socialized health care really isn't what it's cracked up to be....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX54Krl_t3Y]Universal Health Care Nightmares - Mark Steyn - YouTube[/ame]

You gotta' be kidding.......

You obviously aren't a senior on Medicare if you're of the opinion that we seniors are all happy campers with the state of health care these days.

And you seem to think that we can't see anything past our nose to see the magnitude of the problems facing us.

You seem to think that none of us are aware that Obamacare just lost its major source of funding thru the decision of the USSC.

Sorry, dude! We don't drool and we haven't had lobotomies.

Bird on Bird cool!:clap2:

That's not what RobMe has said. Its also the opposite of what his owners have said.

Please post any evidence that RobMe plans to doing anything at all to benefit the peasants when in fact, his allegiance is with Bit Money.

Romney went on national television and promised to keep all the parts of the ACA that are popular.

Health care reform is here. It really just depends if it's known as RomneyCare or Obamacare, I think people who are honestly opposed to it, will be very disappointed if Romney gets elected.

Romney went on national television and promised to keep all the parts of the ACA that are popular.

Health care reform is here. It really just depends if it's known as RomneyCare or Obamacare, I think people who are honestly opposed to it, will be very disappointed if Romney gets elected.

i can't see Romney pushing Romeycare when he's promised to repeal Obamacare.....they are both about the same thing.....he may push for some minor aspects however....

FYI....Romneycare is NOT working....in fact Massachusetts just passed a bill that is going to try to control the exploding costs. All providers must register with the state......and spending targets for hospitals and doctors will be set. If they exceed the targets they will be penalized.

this is the next step toward socialized medicine and rationing of healthcare....

Republicans scream and cry that Medicare is just too fucking expensive.

Obama reduces Medicare spending by 500B over a ten year period.

Republicans accuse him of killing Grandmas. Then Republicans double down & include those cuts in their program to end Medicare as we know it.

Precious. The public ain't that stupid.

i can't see Romney pushing Romeycare when he's promised to repeal Obamacare.....they are both about the same thing.....he may push for some minor aspects however....

FYI....Romneycare is NOT working....in fact Massachusetts just passed a bill that is going to try to control the exploding costs. All providers must register with the state......and spending targets for hospitals and doctors will be set. If they exceed the targets they will be penalized.

this is the next step toward socialized medicine and rationing of healthcare....

I am very interested to hear what Romney plans to replace the ACA with, as all he's really said is he plans to repeal it but be assured, he'll keep all the parts of it you like. I just don't see how he can keep parts like covering preexisting conditions without ending up with something very similar to the ACA.

Average annual growth rate in health care spending, 1991 - 2009:

1. District of Columbia 4.5%
2. Michigan 5.6%
3. Louisiana 5.7%
3. Pennsylvania 5.7%
5. Connecticut 5.8%
5. Illinois 5.8%
5. Ohio 5.8%
8. Alabama 5.9%
8. California 5.9%
8. New York 5.9%
11. New Jersey 6.0%
12. Iowa 6.1%
13. Hawaii 6.2%
13. Kansas 6.2%
13. North Dakota 6.2%
16. Indiana 6.3%
16. Rhode Island 6.3%
16. West Virginia 6.3%
19. Massachusetts 6.4%
20. Arkansas 6.6%
20. Georgia 6.6%
20. Maryland 6.6%
20. Tennessee 6.6%
24. Kentucky 6.7%
24. Missouri 6.7%
24. Oklahoma 6.7%
24. Wisconsin 6.7%
28. Florida 6.9%
28. Nebraska 6.9%
28. South Dakota 6.9%
28. Virginia 6.9%
32. Minnesota 7.0%
32. Mississippi 7.0%
32. Montana 7.0%
35. Colorado 7.3%
35. South Carolina 7.3%
35. Texas 7.3%
35. Vermont 7.3%
35. Washington 7.3%
40. Maine 7.4%
41. Oregon 7.5%
42. New Hampshire 7.6%
42. Wyoming 7.6%
44. Delaware 7.7%
44. New Mexico 7.7%
46. Arizona 7.8%
47. Idaho 7.9%
47. North Carolina 7.9%
47. Utah 7.9%
50. Alaska 8.4%
51. Nevada 9.2%

http://www.statehealthfacts.org/comparemaptable.jsp?typ=2&ind=595&cat=5&sub=143&sortc=1&o=a

Last edited:

2. Michigan 5.6%
3. Louisiana 5.7%
3. Pennsylvania 5.7%
5. Connecticut 5.8%
5. Illinois 5.8%
5. Ohio 5.8%
8. Alabama 5.9%
8. California 5.9%
8. New York 5.9%
11. New Jersey 6.0%
12. Iowa 6.1%
13. Hawaii 6.2%
13. Kansas 6.2%
13. North Dakota 6.2%
16. Indiana 6.3%
16. Rhode Island 6.3%
16. West Virginia 6.3%
19. Massachusetts 6.4%
20. Arkansas 6.6%
20. Georgia 6.6%
20. Maryland 6.6%
20. Tennessee 6.6%
24. Kentucky 6.7%
24. Missouri 6.7%
24. Oklahoma 6.7%
24. Wisconsin 6.7%
28. Florida 6.9%
28. Nebraska 6.9%
28. South Dakota 6.9%
28. Virginia 6.9%
32. Minnesota 7.0%
32. Mississippi 7.0%
32. Montana 7.0%
35. Colorado 7.3%
35. South Carolina 7.3%
35. Texas 7.3%
35. Vermont 7.3%
35. Washington 7.3%
40. Maine 7.4%
41. Oregon 7.5%
42. New Hampshire 7.6%
42. Wyoming 7.6%
44. Delaware 7.7%
44. New Mexico 7.7%
46. Arizona 7.8%
47. Idaho 7.9%
47. North Carolina 7.9%
47. Utah 7.9%
50. Alaska 8.4%
51. Nevada 9.2%

Avg. Annual % Growth - Kaiser State Health Facts

Romneycare was passed in 2006 and it took a couple years to ramp up....it has failed on both goals......achieving universal coverage and reducing costs.....
The subsidies may have increased the number of Massachusetts citizens with insurance, but as many as 400,000 Massachusetts residents by some estimates have failed to buy the required insurance. That includes the overwhelming majority of those with incomes too high to qualify for state subsidies. Fewer than 30,000 unsubsidized residents have signed up as a result of the mandate. And that is on top of the 60,000 of the state’s uninsured who were exempted from the mandate because buying insurance would be too much of a financial burden.

The Massachusetts plan might not have achieved universal coverage, but it has cost taxpayers a great deal of money. Originally, the plan was projected to cost $1.8 billion this year. Now it is expected to exceed those estimates by $150 million. Over the next 10 years, projections suggest that Romney- Care will cost about $2 billion more than was budgeted. And the cost to Massachusetts taxpayers could be even higher because new federal rules could deprive the state of $100 million per year in Medicaid money that the state planned to use to help finance the program.

Given that the state is already facing a projected budget deficit this year, the pressure to raise taxes, cut reimbursements to health care providers, or cap insurance premiums will likely be intense. Romney likes to brag that he accomplished his health care plan "without raising taxes." Unless something turns around, that is not likely to be the case much longer.

Moreover, the cost of the plan is also likely to continue rising, because the Massachusetts reform has failed to hold down the cost of health care. When Romney signed his plan he claimed "a key objective is to lower the cost of health insurance for all our citizens and allow our citizens to buy the insurance plan that fits their needs." In actuality, insurance premiums in the state are expected to rise 10–12 percent next year, double the national average.

Lessons from the Fall of RomneyCare

2. Michigan 5.6%
3. Louisiana 5.7%
3. Pennsylvania 5.7%
5. Connecticut 5.8%
5. Illinois 5.8%
5. Ohio 5.8%
8. Alabama 5.9%
8. California 5.9%
8. New York 5.9%
11. New Jersey 6.0%
12. Iowa 6.1%
13. Hawaii 6.2%
13. Kansas 6.2%
13. North Dakota 6.2%
16. Indiana 6.3%
16. Rhode Island 6.3%
16. West Virginia 6.3%
19. Massachusetts 6.4%
20. Arkansas 6.6%
20. Georgia 6.6%
20. Maryland 6.6%
20. Tennessee 6.6%
24. Kentucky 6.7%
24. Missouri 6.7%
24. Oklahoma 6.7%
24. Wisconsin 6.7%
28. Florida 6.9%
28. Nebraska 6.9%
28. South Dakota 6.9%
28. Virginia 6.9%
32. Minnesota 7.0%
32. Mississippi 7.0%
32. Montana 7.0%
35. Colorado 7.3%
35. South Carolina 7.3%
35. Texas 7.3%
35. Vermont 7.3%
35. Washington 7.3%
40. Maine 7.4%
41. Oregon 7.5%
42. New Hampshire 7.6%
42. Wyoming 7.6%
44. Delaware 7.7%
44. New Mexico 7.7%
46. Arizona 7.8%
47. Idaho 7.9%
47. North Carolina 7.9%
47. Utah 7.9%
50. Alaska 8.4%
51. Nevada 9.2%

Romneycare was passed in 2006 and it took a couple years to ramp up....it has failed on both goals......achieving universal coverage and reducing costs.....

HC spending in Massachusetts has increased at a rate of 7% per year since its passage - below the national average. Meanwhile, 98% of residents are covered - and MA has perhaps the best medical care in the nation (which it had before the law also, of course)

2. Michigan 5.6%
3. Louisiana 5.7%
3. Pennsylvania 5.7%
5. Connecticut 5.8%
5. Illinois 5.8%
5. Ohio 5.8%
8. Alabama 5.9%
8. California 5.9%
8. New York 5.9%
11. New Jersey 6.0%
12. Iowa 6.1%
13. Hawaii 6.2%
13. Kansas 6.2%
13. North Dakota 6.2%
16. Indiana 6.3%
16. Rhode Island 6.3%
16. West Virginia 6.3%
19. Massachusetts 6.4%
20. Arkansas 6.6%
20. Georgia 6.6%
20. Maryland 6.6%
20. Tennessee 6.6%
24. Kentucky 6.7%
24. Missouri 6.7%
24. Oklahoma 6.7%
24. Wisconsin 6.7%
28. Florida 6.9%
28. Nebraska 6.9%
28. South Dakota 6.9%
28. Virginia 6.9%
32. Minnesota 7.0%
32. Mississippi 7.0%
32. Montana 7.0%
35. Colorado 7.3%
35. South Carolina 7.3%
35. Texas 7.3%
35. Vermont 7.3%
35. Washington 7.3%
40. Maine 7.4%
41. Oregon 7.5%
42. New Hampshire 7.6%
42. Wyoming 7.6%
44. Delaware 7.7%
44. New Mexico 7.7%
46. Arizona 7.8%
47. Idaho 7.9%
47. North Carolina 7.9%
47. Utah 7.9%
50. Alaska 8.4%
51. Nevada 9.2%

HC spending in Massachusetts has increased at a rate of 7% per year since its passage - below the national average. Meanwhile, 98% of residents are covered - and MA has perhaps the best medical care in the nation (which it had before the law also, of course)

link?

i find that Massachusetts spends more per capita on health care than any other state and therefore more than anywhere else in the industrialized world. Costs are 27% higher than the U.S. average

Review & Outlook: RomneyCare 2.0 - WSJ.com

As noted this morning, the first time this was posted: These attacks will be pretty easy to fend off. Whenever a rightwinger brings them up, the Obama camp simply has to ask seniors if they've been happy over the past few years experiencing the smallest increases in the Part B premium in Medicare's history. They need to ask if they've enjoyed paying less for their Medicare prescription drugs. They need to ask if they've taken advantage of the new Medicare benefits, like annual wellness visits.

The Republicans' attacks were easier in 2010, six months after health reform passed. Their lies that seniors were about to lose something could still seem plausible at that point.

But now seniors have gone through two (soon to be three) enrollment periods since health reform passed and they haven't lost anything, they've gained benefits, all while enjoying the fruits of historically low cost growth (e.g. in the form slowing premium growth). Reince is going to need to brush up on his Jedi mind tricks if he wants to somehow convince seniors they've lost something with respect to Medicare over the past 3 years. He's not up against the word of the Obama camp this time, he's up against the lived experience of America's seniors.

Maybe you just don't know any seniors then? 'Cause I haven't met a single one who's happy to pay more.

Forum List

Back