Obama hails economy's 3.2% growth rate

The Recovery So Far - WSJ.com

Growth is about half as strong as it was after the last deep downturn.

One has to wonder why growth is anemic as compared to previous deep downturns.

Could it be government has hampered what would have been a more robust economic recovery?

Could it be government has hampered what would have been a more robust economic recovery?

You guys could find something wrong with a rainbow....I just don't get it. Are you truly that depressed and negative all the time, or are you so partisan, that you absolutley MUST find SOMETHING to bitch about the current administration?

You guys could find something wrong with a rainbow....I just don't get it. Are you truly that depressed and negative all the time, or are you so partisan, that you absolutley MUST find SOMETHING to bitch about the current administration?

So tell me why is this recovery only half a strong as others?

And I get sick of the Pollyanna just ignore history hacks who never question the fucking government.

And I wasn't bitching, I was merely offering a counterpoint and asking a question. But I don't expect thin skinned hack sheep like you to actually see that.

And I get sick of the Pollyanna just ignore history hacks who never question the fucking government.

And I wasn't bitching, I was merely offering a counterpoint and asking a question. But I don't expect thin skinned hack sheep like you to actually see that.

I don't give a rat's ass how this recovery compares to others. What I see, is a small uptick in job growth, combined with 3.2% growth. Take it at face value and move on.

WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama acclaimed a government report on Friday that showed the economy expanded at a 3.2 percent rate in the first quarter, saying it was an "important milepost on the road to recovery."

Obama hails economy's 3.2% growth rate - Stocks & economy- msnbc.com

Good news for a change.
Here we go again, the GOVERNMENT proclaims that the economy has improved.

The same way they have proclaimed for the last few months, like clockwork.

I don't give a rat's ass how this recovery compares to others. What I see, is a small uptick in job growth, combined with 3.2% growth. Take it at face value and move on.

So if we never compare the present to the past and take everything at face value how then do we learn to recognize what works and what doesn't?

But you don't care about that as long as big daddy government is giving you a tit to suck do you?

So if we never compare the present to the past and take everything at face value how then do we learn to recognize what works and what doesn't?

But you don't care about that as long as big daddy government is giving you a tit to suck do you?

Never mind. I simply enjoy a bit of good news every now again. If you want to disect it and find how we are not doing as well as we "could" or "should" be, that is obviously your perogative. See you all in November. By then, your hair splitting will be so miniscule that you will end up looking like fools.

keep it real pilot. '82 was a second dip from an earlier recession. it wasn't deep like this either. what a joke. all in the name of partisan pessimism. are you an american?

keep it real pilot. '82 was a second dip from an earlier recession. it wasn't deep like this either. what a joke. all in the name of partisan pessimism. are you an american?

Yes I am an American sick to death of being lied to by the fucking government.

or is your head so far up the government's ass that you can't see this:

In the current recovery, the policy headwinds are very different. Taxes are set to rise significantly on January 1, 2011, and the political class is signaling the need for still more taxes to pay for the costs of stimulus and the expanding entitlement state.

You don't have to be a partisan to see it either. You just have to open your eyes.

GDP is up for three consecutive quarters signaling the end of the recession. This was registered as the worst recession in 70 years and it is encouraging that it has recovered as quickly as it has.

Jobs, which always lag other indicators are showing signs of a turnaround also

How can anyone be disappointed with this?

GDP is up for three consecutive quarters signaling the end of the recession. This was registered as the worst recession in 70 years and it is encouraging that it has recovered as quickly as it has.

Because these are the same "patriots" that want to see our economy continue to fail, just as they wanted to see another 9/11 style attack to help turn John McCain's campaign around, to get "their" party back in power....how sad is that?

Last edited:

Because these are the same "patiots" that want to see our economy continue to fail, just as they wanted to see another 9/11 style attack to help turn John McCain's campaign around, to get "their" party back in power....how sad is that?

Ain't no one going to hire because they're all waiting to see how much Obama care is going to cost. (but we already know that it is costing some big employers millions or billions don't we). Then we'll wait to see how much cap and tax will cost. Then we'll wait to see how much an investment tax will cost. Oh and there is always the VAT to wait for.

Taxes are going nowhere but up and we will have a so called recovery that will stall with unemployment higher than it was before the bust.

But we'll all praise the fucking government for any anemic growth. And let's not forget that Obama's plans for reducing the deficit (It's hard to type that without laughing) are predicated on better than 4% growth for years.

We are sliding deeper into the pit folks.

Because these are the same "patiots" that want to see our economy continue to fail, just as they wanted to see another 9/11 style attack to help turn John McCain's campaign around, to get "their" party back in power....how sad is that?

Ain't no one going to hire because they're all waiting to see how much Obama care is going to cost. (but we already know that it is costing some big employers millions or billions don't we). Then we'll wait to see how much cap and tax will cost. Then we'll wait to see how much an investment tax will cost. Oh and there is always the VAT to wait for.

Taxes are going nowhere but up and we will have a so called recovery that will stall with unemployment higher than it was before the bust.

But we'll all praise the fucking government for any anemic growth. And let's not forget that Obama's plans for reducing the deficit (It's hard to type that without laughing) are predicated on better than 4% growth for years.

Totally unsupported supposition.

We have monthly economic trends and projections that all show significant growth over the last year and projected growth for the next two years.

Your "Pay no attention to the economic recovery" will get you nowhere

Totally unsupported supposition.

We have monthly economic trends and projections that all show significant growth over the last year and projected growth for the next two years.

Your "Pay no attention to the economic recovery" will get you nowhere

You mean like the projections that unemployment would not rise higher than 8%?

Yeah those projections are wonderful things

And BTW I never said pay no attention to anything. I am saying take what the fucking government and hack sheep tell you with a grain of salt.

Forum List

Back