Obama ENDS program that deported 283,000 criminal aliens after promising to expel felons

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
Does anyone need more proof that Obama is the world's biggest liar?

Obama ENDS program that deported 283 000 criminal aliens Daily Mail Online

Along with his more sensationalized executive order granting some illegal immigrants a chance to stay in the U.S. without fear of deportation, President Barack Obama quietly ended a controversial program on Thursday that had deported 283,000 of them after they were arrested for crimes other than border-crossing.

The Secure Communities program has been in place in limited form since 2006, and expanded nationwide in 2008. It allowed local law enforcement to hold arrestees and convicts 48 hours after they were officially bailed or released, if they were in the county illegally, so federal agents could pick them up and start immigration proceedings.

Instead, the administration has replaced it with a much narrower program that limits the list of qualifying offenses and only lets the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency intervene after an illegal immigrant is convicted.

Many make bail and never return to court to face their charges, however.

'The president’s decision to suspend a program helping law enforcement identify and deport dangerous criminals from our country is indefensible,' Texas Republican Sen. John Cornyn said Friday, 'and his actions will only tie the hands of law enforcement officials trying to keep criminals off our streets and our communities safe.'

Obama, he said, 'has neither the will nor the leadership ability to do what presidents before him have done: work with Congress to achieve meaningful reforms. Instead, he’s chosen to ignore the rule of law and launch another massive executive power grab that has grave security consequences for all Americans.'

Obama's decision could help the federal government prioritize its strained resources to focus on deporting 'felons, not families,' as Obama promised in a prime-time speech Thursday night.

'We're going to keep focusing enforcement resources on actual threats to our security,' he said.

why complain Bri Pat, the 'side' you support, has already said, they choose to DO NOTHING on immigration reform?

and I wouldn't trust or believe the ''sensationalism'' this article shows nor the Congressman mouthing off....because, 'all talk and no action' congressmen are not worthy to be listened to...

Sourcing this from OTHER than tabloid sites and blogs, which the right feeds on like pigs at troughs, here is the bottom line from NBC:

Obama Ends Secure Communities Program That Helped Hike Deportations
Obama Ends Secure Communities Program That Helped Hike Deportations - NBC News

""""Immigrants and civil rights groups as well as some local police officials said Secure Communities made policing more difficult because immigrants fearful or resentful of the cooperation with federal immigration authorities would not come forward to report crimes or assist with information or witness accounts that might be helpful in investigations.

Johnson noted that governors, mayors and state and local law enforcement officers refused to cooperate with the program and that many federal courts rejected local law enforcement’s authority to detain immigrants under the program.

Though the overarching goal of Secure Communities remained valid, stated Johnson, "a fresh start and a new program are necessary."

why complain Bri Pat, the 'side' you support, has already said, they choose to DO NOTHING on immigration reform?

and I wouldn't trust or believe the ''sensationalism'' this article shows nor the Congressman mouthing off....because, 'all talk and no action' congressmen are not worthy to be listened to...

Exactly. Obama warned the 'Pubes and gave them several years to do something. "Pass a bill" as he said the other night. And I'll finish that statement for him, "...or just STFU".

That and the fact he's a fucking Canadian.......

Exactly. Obama warned the 'Pubes and gave them several years to do something. "Pass a bill" as he said the other night. And I'll finish that statement for him, "...or just STFU".
Reid shitcanned 350 bills from the House, explain again why the House should cow tow to the Senate?

Reid shitcanned 350 bills from the House, explain again why the House should cow tow to the Senate?
Because unlike the majority of the House bills sent to the Senate that never had a chance in hell of passing, the Senate bill sent to the House on the very important issue of Immigration reform, was truly a bi partisan bill, with many parts to it, that are parts most republicans in the House accept.... and that which was not accepted, could have been worked out in conference....

Forum List

Back