Obama endorses Hawaii governor who promptly loses

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
:lol:

Obama-endorsed Hawaii Gov. Neil Abercrombie loses primary

Despite personal endorsements from President Barack Obama, Hawaii Gov. Neil Abercrombie on Saturday became the state’s first governor to lose a reelection primary, ousted by State Sen. David Ige.*

Fellow Democrat Ige, who easily claimed victory with 67.8% of the vote (Abercrombie had 31.1% of the vote), disrupted the party when he challenged the sitting governor – and made history when the AP called the race less than two hours after polls closed.

To add even more drama to the Democratic party, the race for U.S. Senate is still too close to declare a winner. With*1,788 votes separating Sen.*Brian Schatz and Rep. Colleen Hanabusa**– with a potential 8,000 votes yet to be calculated –*neither conceded Saturday night.

For Abercrombie, at 76 years old, a*40-year political career is likely over.

“Faith and trust has been placed in me, and I’ve tried to honor that faith and trust. Whatever shortcomings I have, whatever faults I have, I can guarantee you one has never been a failure to give all I can every day I can for Hawaii,” Abercrombie said Saturday evening.

Abercrombie, who had been*sinking in recent polls, is only the second governor to not win reelection in the state’s history.

Obama-endorsed Hawaii Gov. Neil Abercrombie loses primary | MSNBC

He's 76, he has a long list of enemies, and he made more as governor. Boy you guys get all excited over nothing...

Just another indication that the country is moving on from the Obama era.
Which is entirely expected. We are always, always, throw the bums out here. That is our political cycle and why we have two parties, who as soon as they get in people start pushing back out the door.

:lol:

Obama-endorsed Hawaii Gov. Neil Abercrombie loses primary

Despite personal endorsements from President Barack Obama, Hawaii Gov. Neil Abercrombie on Saturday became the state’s first governor to lose a reelection primary, ousted by State Sen. David Ige.*

Fellow Democrat Ige, who easily claimed victory with 67.8% of the vote (Abercrombie had 31.1% of the vote), disrupted the party when he challenged the sitting governor – and made history when the AP called the race less than two hours after polls closed.

To add even more drama to the Democratic party, the race for U.S. Senate is still too close to declare a winner. With*1,788 votes separating Sen.*Brian Schatz and Rep. Colleen Hanabusa**– with a potential 8,000 votes yet to be calculated –*neither conceded Saturday night.

For Abercrombie, at 76 years old, a*40-year political career is likely over.

“Faith and trust has been placed in me, and I’ve tried to honor that faith and trust. Whatever shortcomings I have, whatever faults I have, I can guarantee you one has never been a failure to give all I can every day I can for Hawaii,” Abercrombie said Saturday evening.

Abercrombie, who had been*sinking in recent polls, is only the second governor to not win reelection in the state’s history.

Obama-endorsed Hawaii Gov. Neil Abercrombie loses primary | MSNBC
Obama has dusted plenty of democrat candidates.

Forum List

Back