Obama: Don't stock up on guns

xsited1

Agent P
Sep 15, 2008
Little Rock, AR
As gun sales shoot up around the country, President-elect Barack Obama said Sunday that gun-owning Americans do not need to rush out and stock up before he is sworn in next month.

"I believe in common-sense gun safety laws, and I believe in the second amendment," Obama said at a news conference. "Lawful gun owners have nothing to fear. I said that throughout the campaign. I haven't indicated anything different during the transition. I think people can take me at my word."

But National Rifle Association spokesman Andrew Arulanandam said it's not Obama's words — but his legislative track record — that has gun-buyers flocking to the stores.

"Prior to his campaign for president, his record as a state legislator and as a U.S. Senator shows he voted for the most stringent forms of gun control, the most Draconian legislation, gun bans, ammunition bans and even an increase in federal excise taxes up to 500 percent for every gun and firearm sold," Arulanandam said.

Obama: Don't stock up on guns :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: 44: Barack Obama

As gun sales shoot up around the country, President-elect Barack Obama said Sunday that gun-owning Americans do not need to rush out and stock up before he is sworn in next month.

"I believe in common-sense gun safety laws, and I believe in the second amendment," Obama said at a news conference. "Lawful gun owners have nothing to fear. I said that throughout the campaign. I haven't indicated anything different during the transition. I think people can take me at my word."

But National Rifle Association spokesman Andrew Arulanandam said it's not Obama's words — but his legislative track record — that has gun-buyers flocking to the stores.

"Prior to his campaign for president, his record as a state legislator and as a U.S. Senator shows he voted for the most stringent forms of gun control, the most Draconian legislation, gun bans, ammunition bans and even an increase in federal excise taxes up to 500 percent for every gun and firearm sold," Arulanandam said.

It so awful to actually have strict guns laws in a country that says a kid at 18 can't have a beer but can have a handgun. You rednecks are so backwards and live in the 1800's and you wonder why we have thousands of more gun deaths per year than the rest of the world.

God you gun people that are against strict laws are absolutely amazing to me. Why the fuck are you so in love with guns?

I made purchases two weeks ago at the show and I will do so again next week and each show after. His voting record and many, many comments are out there for review.

It so awful to actually have strict guns laws in a country that says a kid at 18 can't have a beer but can have a handgun. You rednecks are so backwards and live in the 1800's and you wonder why we have thousands of more gun deaths per year than the rest of the world.

God you gun people that are against strict laws are absolutely amazing to me. Why the fuck are you so in love with guns?

ahuh, those same rednecks that state that a kid of 18 can go into battle!

go piss and moan about something else, idiot

oh and watch out, it's getting worse, my kid isn't even a teenager yet and he can run a tight group at 100 yards! Just wait till he is really a red neck! LOL

You sound like a nut to me, and I don't even own any guns.

That's an okay troll post, but certainly not your best work. :eusa_whistle:

tell you what, substitute the word "free speech" in every time you mention "gun" & see how it reads......

More crap from the NRA to boost gun sales.

No one is powerful enough to take away American's right to own guns now or in the near future.

No one is powerful enough to take away American's right to own guns now or in the near future.

Shit, look out, the world may stop spinning, I'm about to agree with Ray :eek:

(at least the second part of your statement). After the first week of trying to take people's guns, it would be hard to find people willing to do the job. And, believe me, you would be needing to find new people to do the job to make up for all the dead ones that went before.

I might need to get some ammo before the prices go up, but I've got the guns I need and I bought them in the first Bush administration. An M-14 in case things really go to hell and a Browning Hi Power, in case some loony wants to pay an unexpected visit.

If the future president of the US says "Don't stock up on guns", it makes me think he knows something. Now I gotta go out and get me some guns.

After Katrina, our soldiers went door to door in neighborhoods that weren't severely damaged and took guns away from anyone still living there. Some soldiers even remarked that they never thought they'd be taking guns away from American citizens. I don't understand why our whole country wasn't up in arms (no pun intended) at the time. I think it was a test to see just how easy it would be to take away our guns. The people in New Orleans let them take their guns and nobody said anything against it. No newspapers, no people, heck, most of us didn't even know it had happened.

I think it will be rather easy for our government to take our guns away. Sadly, I think America has lost the revolutionary spirit that started our country in the first place.

These gun owners are dumb as a box of rocks.

There are 200 million guns in private hands in this country. No one is going to take away anyone's guns.

Hell... I am all for restrictions on registration... ensuring that mentally ill people or criminals do not have a legal way of obtaining a firearm

But when Obama chooses words such as that... it DOES make you raise an eyebrow... it could have been said a completely different way, in terms of the message he supposedly wanted to associate with that phrase

These gun owners are dumb as a box of rocks.

There are 200 million guns in private hands in this country. No one is going to take away anyone's guns.

s_doors.jpg

Hell... I am all for restrictions on registration... ensuring that mentally ill people or criminals do not have a legal way of obtaining a firearm

But when Obama chooses words such as that... it DOES make you raise an eyebrow... it could have been said a completely different way, in terms of the message he supposedly wanted to associate with that phrase

Yes! I immediately got out my Clinton word parsing machine. Remember, we are going to have another lawyer in the White House. Never accept the "plain meaning" of what a lawyer says, that's never what he intends.

Forum List

Back