Obama doesn't know the meaning of Victory in Iraq

We won!!!!

Now the troops can come home.

Thank goodness.

Will they be home by Christmas?

there will be no such thing as "victory" in Iraq and anyone who thinks that suddenly it'll be like the end of a football game and the whistle will blow and everything will be resolves hasn't been paying attention.

The problem is Bush declared Victory with his Mission Accomplished sign and we've lost thousands of men and women since then and we continue to lose them every day.

At this point Obama is right, we need to turn control over to the Iraqi people and let them make the attempt to govern themselves. We got rid of Saddam so what the hell are we still doing there?

John McCain wants to continue because war is all he knows. he doesn't know how to relinquish control even though that's what he should be willing to do.

The problem is Bush declared Victory with his Mission Accomplished sign and we've lost thousands of men and women since then and we continue to lose them every day.

Either you're an idiot or naive....Bush NEVER declared "Victory" or "Mission Accomplished" for the war during that speech...

And, no, we don't lose them everyday....

Either you're an idiot or naive....Bush NEVER declared "Victory" or "Mission Accomplished" for the war during that speech...

I don't think I'm the idiot here CP a picture is worth a thousand words or so they say

Mission-accomplished.jpg

ok I'll admit not every day...how about every other day? we lost 23 in August alone. and have lost 4 already this month and it's only the 8th

http://icasualties.org/oif/

Last edited:
I don't think I'm the idiot here CP

Mission-accomplished.jpg

ok I'll admit not every day...how about every other day? we lost 19 in August alone.

Again, please provide the text from his speech on that ship where he made the claims you said he said...

Again, please provide the text from his speech on that ship where he made the claims you said he said...

What an absurd demand.

Do you think the Bush people weren't responsible for that sign being framed behind him for that photo-op?

Stop being ridiculous....

Oh wait... were you being ironic?

Because if you meant that ironically, it's actually pretty damned funny.

What an absurd demand.

Do you think the Bush people weren't responsible for that sign being framed behind him for that photo-op?

Stop being ridiculous....

Oh wait... were you being ironic?

Because if you meant that ironically, it's actually pretty damned funny.

Since when is it absurd to ask someone to provide proof to a claim?

Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the Battle of Iraq,

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, the sailors put up the sign. What a bunch of buttwipes, they had the sign made and when it fell through they blamed the Navy.

It was a play on words by Bush, He said and I quote "Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed. And now our coalition is engaged in securing and reconstructing that country. "

You dont call that declaring victory, "Have Prevailed", what he really meant was " Well we bombed the shit out out of them by air until there was nothing left to blow up so now we have to fight by ground" It was a totalling misleading speech because here we are 8 years later and still at war.

Forum List

Back