Obama Deflects Responsibility- Obama: U.s. Intelligence Underestimated Militants In Syria - Cbs

I saw all of the German made bunkers they made for Saddam.

The Russians were playing Saddam against us like they always do and the French are simply their butt-buddies.
Again, the salient point you evade ... while you ignorantly call them liars, their intelligence was right.
Actually, no.

They simply made it right by making sure we couldn't find the bulk of them. We did find plenty of evidence they were there, of which you happily ignore.
Are you saying, Russia, Germany, and France made sure their intelligence was right by making sure we couldn't find the bulk of them?

And even Bush finally admitted Iraq did not have the WMD over which he invaded ...

"Now, look, I -- part of the reason we went into Iraq -- was -- the main reason we went into Iraq -- at the time was we thought he had weapons of mass destruction. It turns out he didn't, but he had the capacity to make weapons of mass destruction. ~ George Bush, 8.21.2006
Bush knows more than he's telling.

He knew what they were up to, he just couldn't prove it.
Well all that was found were leftovers from the Gulf war, none of the WMD Bush was talking about leading up to the war. And we have Bush admitting there were none. But sure, ok, an idiot on the internet who doesn't know the difference between "casualties" and "deaths" knows better. :eusa_doh:

Bush was not the only one what believed that Saddam had them. Both Clintons, Kerry, Gore, Biden, the UK, the EU, Germany, France, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Japan, Russia, the UN. They all had the same info and all came to the same conclusions. Bush did not dream it up on his own. If it was wrong, they were all wrong. Until you libs admit the truth, you will have zero credibility.

Problem here is you want to trust Russia more than Bush, so there's the issue.

Yeah, lets trust Russia

Good call....lol
Have you forgotten already that Russia was right and Bush said our own intelligence was wrong?

Again, the salient point you evade ... while you ignorantly call them liars, their intelligence was right.
Actually, no.

They simply made it right by making sure we couldn't find the bulk of them. We did find plenty of evidence they were there, of which you happily ignore.
Are you saying, Russia, Germany, and France made sure their intelligence was right by making sure we couldn't find the bulk of them?

And even Bush finally admitted Iraq did not have the WMD over which he invaded ...

"Now, look, I -- part of the reason we went into Iraq -- was -- the main reason we went into Iraq -- at the time was we thought he had weapons of mass destruction. It turns out he didn't, but he had the capacity to make weapons of mass destruction. ~ George Bush, 8.21.2006

Well all that was found were leftovers from the Gulf war, none of the WMD Bush was talking about leading up to the war. And we have Bush admitting there were none. But sure, ok, an idiot on the internet who doesn't know the difference between "casualties" and "deaths" knows better. :eusa_doh:

Bush was not the only one what believed that Saddam had them. Both Clintons, Kerry, Gore, Biden, the UK, the EU, Germany, France, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Japan, Russia, the UN. They all had the same info and all came to the same conclusions. Bush did not dream it up on his own. If it was wrong, they were all wrong. Until you libs admit the truth, you will have zero credibility.
Holyfuckingshit! :eusa_doh: you're still including countries which said they did NOT have evidence of WMD in Iraq :eusa_doh:

Yeah, lets trust Russia

Good call....lol
Have you forgotten already that Russia was right and Bush said our own intelligence was wrong?

It was not just US intel. British, French, German, Saudi Arabian, Israeli, and UN all said the same thing. Maybe it was wrong, maybe those WMDs are now in Syria under the control of Assad.

The Iraq war was a stupid waste of american lives and money, it accomplished nothing, both parties authorized and funded it, just as they did for viet nam. We continue to repeat our mistakes.

So Obama is blaming his failed foreign policy on US intelligence failures. Always looking for someone else to blame. Another teaching moment for him as he teaches the younger generation there is no such thing as personal accountability

-Geaux

.--------------------------------------------------------------------

Obama: U.S. intelligence underestimated militants in Syria - CBS

(Reuters) - U.S. intelligence agencies underestimated Islamic State activity inside Syria, which has become "ground zero" for jihadists worldwide, President Barack Obama said in a CBS television interview broadcast on Sunday.

Conversely, the United States overestimated the ability of the Iraqi army to fight the militant groups, Obama said in a "60 Minutes" interview taped on Friday, days after the U.S. president made his case at the United Nations for action.

Citing earlier comments by James Clapper, director of national intelligence, Obama acknowledged that U.S. intelligence underestimated what had been taking place in Syria.

Islamic militants went underground when U.S. Marines quashed al Qaeda in Iraq with help from Iraq's tribes, he said.

"But over the past couple of years, during the chaos of the Syrian civil war, where essentially you have huge swaths of the country that are completely ungoverned, they were able to reconstitute themselves and take advantage of that chaos," Obama said

Obama U.S. intelligence underestimated militants in Syria - CBS Reuters

This has nothing to do with the fact that he failed to have his Daily Intelligence Briefings more than half of the time in his second administration, now does it?
Except neither you nor the Conservative GAI can prove that claim. All they can demonstrate were the number of entries in the White House logs which indicated such a meeting. They omit all of the PDB's Obama read sans meetings.
The Captain is responsible for everything that happens upon his ship.

Rather than throwing his people under the bus, he needs to man-up, and to say we phukked up, and then move on.

It's not the number or quality of briefings that is the real story here... it's Obumble, throwing his people under the bus... that is the real story.

Actually, no.

Holyfuckingshit! :eusa_doh: you're still including countries which said they did NOT have evidence of WMD in Iraq :eusa_doh:

Nope, Russia changed its position after the fact, the others all bought the bad intel.

Yeah, lets trust Russia

Good call....lol
I knew you'd say that.

I also knew you'd forget we caught Russia convoyibg to the North into Syria. Funny how Assad all of the sudden has chemical weapons up the ying yang and who's responsible for removing them this time?

Fucken Russia!!!

What a coincidence!!!!

Color me surprised!!! Lol!!

So Obama is blaming his failed foreign policy on US intelligence failures. Always looking for someone else to blame. Another teaching moment for him as he teaches the younger generation there is no such thing as personal accountability

-Geaux

.--------------------------------------------------------------------

Obama: U.S. intelligence underestimated militants in Syria - CBS

(Reuters) - U.S. intelligence agencies underestimated Islamic State activity inside Syria, which has become "ground zero" for jihadists worldwide, President Barack Obama said in a CBS television interview broadcast on Sunday.

Conversely, the United States overestimated the ability of the Iraqi army to fight the militant groups, Obama said in a "60 Minutes" interview taped on Friday, days after the U.S. president made his case at the United Nations for action.

Citing earlier comments by James Clapper, director of national intelligence, Obama acknowledged that U.S. intelligence underestimated what had been taking place in Syria.

Islamic militants went underground when U.S. Marines quashed al Qaeda in Iraq with help from Iraq's tribes, he said.

"But over the past couple of years, during the chaos of the Syrian civil war, where essentially you have huge swaths of the country that are completely ungoverned, they were able to reconstitute themselves and take advantage of that chaos," Obama said

Obama U.S. intelligence underestimated militants in Syria - CBS Reuters

This has nothing to do with the fact that he failed to have his Daily Intelligence Briefings more than half of the time in his second administration, now does it?
Except neither you nor the Conservative GAI can prove that claim. All they can demonstrate were the number of entries in the White House logs which indicated such a meeting. They omit all of the PDB's Obama read sans meetings.
The Captain is responsible for everything that happens upon his ship.

Rather than throwing his people under the bus, he needs to man-up, and to say we phukked up, and then move on.

It's not the number or quality of briefings that is the real story here... it's Obumble, throwing his people under the bus... that is the real story.

I disagree. We all know the man lies and never takes responsibility for his actions. What is news is that the man who is running this country doesn't bother to interview his Chief Intelligence Director every day about what is going on in the world as he is supposed to do!

He says he didn't know about ISIS. Well of course not. You weren't listening and questioning the briefings! You were in the dark about Benghazi (or were you...?) Being the leader of the free world means that their are daily tasks that have to be done. And that isn't "where I get to go today" it's "What I should be aware of in the world" and "where are my men in jeopardy?"

Yeah, lets trust Russia

Good call....lol

It was not just US intel. British, French, German, Saudi Arabian, Israeli, and UN all said the same thing. Maybe it was wrong, maybe those WMDs are now in Syria under the control of Assad.

The Iraq war was a stupid waste of american lives and money, it accomplished nothing, both parties authorized and funded it, just as they did for viet nam. We continue to repeat our mistakes.
The Russians are behind it, along with the Iranians, and UN.

Yeah, lets trust Russia

Good call....lol

Maybe, but I blame US ignorance as to how the mid east really operates and our failure to learn from viet nam and the russian fiasco in afghanistan. I don't believe that the Russians and Iranians are smart enough to use Saddam to fake WMDs in order to get the US involved in a no-win war.

In hindsight it appears that way, but who knows. The Iraq war was the cleanest war we've ever conducted using ground troops. The practice for D-Day cost the lives of almost as many as died in Iraq. Afghanistan was better because we didn't do all of the fighting up until the Democrats decided it was the clean war and we needed to be there in greater numbers.

Last edited:

Yeah, lets trust Russia

Good call....lol

Maybe, but I blame US ignorance as to how the mid east really operates and our failure to learn from viet nam and the russian fiasco in afghanistan. I don't believe that the Russians and Iranians are smart enough to use Saddam to fake WMDs in order to get the US involved in a no-win war.
I disagree.

Putin got what he wanted out of it.

We made fools of him in the 80', so he wanted revenge. He got it, mainly because both Bush and Obama chose to trust him.

Bullshit. He's never taken responsibility for anything ever. It's always someone else's fault.

Even the NY Times is calling him a liar now its pathetic.
link? total bs

Another low info liberal in denial demanding links.
So....no link then. Got it :thup:

Go through life ignorant if you wish, put that liberal Kool-Aid IV of denial on full drip and fall into a stupor.

You probably also missed Ron Fournier mocking Obama with his "I, me, my. It's their fault. I, me, my. It's their fault. I, me, my. It's their fault." tweet summary of the Obama 60 minutes appearance. And this quote, "But by pointing to the agencies without mentioning any misjudgments of his own, Mr. Obama left intelligence officials bristling about being made into scapegoats and critics complaining that he was trying to avoid responsibility."
So, no link to the NYT calling Obama a liar. Got it :thup:

Even the NY Times is calling him a liar now its pathetic.
link? total bs

Another low info liberal in denial demanding links.
So....no link then. Got it :thup:

Go through life ignorant if you wish, put that liberal Kool-Aid IV of denial on full drip and fall into a stupor.

You probably also missed Ron Fournier mocking Obama with his "I, me, my. It's their fault. I, me, my. It's their fault. I, me, my. It's their fault." tweet summary of the Obama 60 minutes appearance. And this quote, "But by pointing to the agencies without mentioning any misjudgments of his own, Mr. Obama left intelligence officials bristling about being made into scapegoats and critics complaining that he was trying to avoid responsibility."
So, no link to the NYT calling Obama a liar. Got it :thup:

LOL you fell for it.

He admitted that mistakes were made. It's his administration, so everything falls on him. Everybody knows that's how it works. But you have to bitch about something, right? Damned if does, damned if he doesn't.

Bullshit he is a little boy who can NEVER accept the responsibility when something goes wrong.

He is a stupid little child.
Up past your bedtime?

A spade is a spade kid.
He is man child that has no business being the President.

Actually, no.

No, not in Spring of 03 they didn't. Bushii threw intel under the bus, just as Obama is doing.

Oh good, Geaux....another good thread pointing out Obama's massive incompetence with intel. There can't be enough of them, LOL. It's fun watching the frustration of libs trying to unsuccessfully defend the idiot.

He admitted that mistakes were made. It's his administration, so everything falls on him. Everybody knows that's how it works. But you have to bitch about something, right? Damned if does, damned if he doesn't.

Bullshit he is a little boy who can NEVER accept the responsibility when something goes wrong.

He is a stupid little child.
Up past your bedtime?

A spade is a spade kid.

Love your quote:

Actually, no.

No, not in Spring of 03 they didn't. Bushii threw intel under the bus, just as Obama is doing.
Different examples.

Forum List

Back