Obama declares Gulf Coast 'open for business'

Wow, you are really that big of hack.

This is not a partisan issue, he swam in the ocean, and some people might now plan a vacation down there. Get a fucking clue, dumbass.
Tell me how this a bad thing?

LOL, just last month you idiots and the Obama were PROCLAIMING this was the damn WORST environmental disaster of all times. But now you all and the Obama has seen the LIGHT.
what a friggen joke. and the only hack is you and your boyking.:lol:

That is not the fucking point you moron.
And show where the experts said this wasn't a terrible and one of the worse envirnomental disasters in our history. Show me a disaster that did more damage to our environment?
That is not the point of his actions, the point of his actions is make the people who don't give a shit about the politics feel better about going down to the Gulf. You are the biggest idiot on this board. Good job!:clap2:

If it damaged the ecology why is everything now perfectly safe? Why is the government telling the local that the shrimp beds that were covered with oil are now safe?

Another thing, can YAHOO NEWS be anymore sickening in how they report on the boyking.

PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. – President Barack Obama declared Gulf Coast beaches clean, safe and open for business Saturday as he brought his family to the Florida Panhandle and promised residents that the government wouldn't forget them once efforts to stop the leak are finished.

On a warm and muggy day, Obama pledged to "keep up our efforts until the environment is cleaned, polluters are held accountable, businesses and communities are made whole, and the people of the Gulf Coast are back on their feet."

To reinforce that message, Obama and Sasha swam in the Gulf's waters on Saturday, according to White House spokesman Bill Burton. The highly anticipated dip was away from the media's view. Obama said his family planned to "enjoy the beach and the water — to let our fellow Americans know that they should come on down here."

sheeeh, I think they need a pair of those OBAMA knee pads.

but REMEMBER FOLKS, there is NO MIDIA BIAS..:lol:

Last edited:
I am confused, wasn't it less than a month ago that all the liberals were scoffing at the idea that the worst environmental disaster in the history of the universe was not that big a deal? Now The One says everything is OK and everyone falls into line.

Amazing. Does this mean Limbaugh was right?

I am confused. Who was that retarded to think it wasn't a big deal? There was oil gushing into the gulf non-stop for three months, and we all god deluged with heart-breaking pictures of wildlife covered in oil. I don't see how someone could possibly argue that the spill wasn't a big deal.

Who thought it was not a big deal? That would be Robert Gibbs, the White House press secretary.

I’ve used this analogy before, but I think I want to take one more time to do this. It is important to understand that this event happened 5,000 feet below the surface at a well that was several miles below that 5,000-foot point. It is measuring -- we were measuring the flow rate basically of an opened Coke can 5,000 feet below the ocean using the best available technology that we had at the time without the benefit of knowing how big the Coke can was.

Press Briefing by Press Secretary Robert Gibbs, Admiral Thad Allen, Carol Browner, and Dr. Lubchenco, 8/4/2010 | The White House

...uh, why do you think he doesn't think it's a big deal exactly? I'm reading through this press briefing devoted to work on the spill and I'm not seeing anything that says the entire affair wasn't a big deal. And if Gibbs didn't think it was a big deal, why would he want to take the time to explain an analogy of the spill to the press?

I don't think I quite understand. Could you elaborate?

it never was the worst disaster in the first place
Obama had an "oh shit" moment and realized he was doing more harm than good

That is nice.
But many people are not like us, they don't care about politics. And when they see their President swimming in the Gulf, they might reconsider their vacation.
I don't care why he did, the number one thing in the whole situation is the people who have been loosing money this whole time.

He wasn't swimming in the Gulf. It was just reported to appear that way. Hmm.

"Beaches all along the Gulf Coast are clean, they are safe, and they are open for business," Obama said.

"The president's dip took place away from the news media. The White House released an official photo, but The Associated Press does not publish such handout images. According to the White House, the Obamas swam off Alligator Point, which is in Saint Andrews Bay, not the Gulf."

Obamas take a boat ride during Gulf Coast vacation - Yahoo! News
um, while it is called "Alligator Point", it is STILL part of the gulf
just as Casco Bay is still in the gulf of Maine

I am confused, wasn't it less than a month ago that all the liberals were scoffing at the idea that the worst environmental disaster in the history of the universe was not that big a deal? Now The One says everything is OK and everyone falls into line.

Would you rather him not say it was okay, and have businesses along the Gulf loose more money?

If it is so OK why did he lie about swimming in it?

Obama swims in Gulf; declares it safe | The Money Times

August 2010: Photo of the Day | The White House

Alligator Point is not exactly the Gulf of Mexico.

alligator bay map - Google Maps

Keep drinking the Kool Aid.
sure looks like there is continuous water from the gulf into Alligator Point

O thank Goodness, we are ALL SAVED again by the OBAMA.

he DECLARED THE WATERS ARE SAFE..now all we needed was a picture of him WALKING ON IT...whooboy can ya imagine.

good grief, gag a maggot.

This is not a partisan issue, he swam in the ocean, and some people might now plan a vacation down there. Get a fucking clue, dumbass.

no he didn't he swam in a bay. see the water color? our gulf coast waters are a crytal clear blue green..

Would you rather him not say it was okay, and have businesses along the Gulf loose more money?

:lol: You are obviously missing my point, but thanks!

O thank Goodness, we are ALL SAVED again by the OBAMA.

he DECLARED THE WATERS ARE SAFE..now all we needed was a picture of him WALKING ON IT...whooboy can ya imagine.

good grief, gag a maggot.

no he didn't he swam in a bay. see the water color? our gulf coast waters are a crytal clear blue green..
Where does the water come from?

I am confused. Who was that retarded to think it wasn't a big deal? There was oil gushing into the gulf non-stop for three months, and we all god deluged with heart-breaking pictures of wildlife covered in oil. I don't see how someone could possibly argue that the spill wasn't a big deal.

Who thought it was not a big deal? That would be Robert Gibbs, the White House press secretary.

I’ve used this analogy before, but I think I want to take one more time to do this. It is important to understand that this event happened 5,000 feet below the surface at a well that was several miles below that 5,000-foot point. It is measuring -- we were measuring the flow rate basically of an opened Coke can 5,000 feet below the ocean using the best available technology that we had at the time without the benefit of knowing how big the Coke can was.
Press Briefing by Press Secretary Robert Gibbs, Admiral Thad Allen, Carol Browner, and Dr. Lubchenco, 8/4/2010 | The White House

...uh, why do you think he doesn't think it's a big deal exactly? I'm reading through this press briefing devoted to work on the spill and I'm not seeing anything that says the entire affair wasn't a big deal. And if Gibbs didn't think it was a big deal, why would he want to take the time to explain an analogy of the spill to the press?

A can of coke a mile under water is a big deal?

Obama declares Gulf Coast 'open for business' - Yahoo! News

PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. – President Barack Obama declared Gulf Coast beaches clean, safe and open for business Saturday......

On a warm and muggy day, Obama pledged to "keep up our efforts until the environment is cleaned, polluters are held accountable, businesses and communities are made whole, and the people of the Gulf Coast are back on their feet.".

This is certainly great to see, no doubt.

Wow, sounds like private industry has done a great job, and that The Obama Administratioin is taking credit for it. What exactly did Government do? Ah yes, they did call an number of press conferences, and change the name of the infamous "Minerals Management Service" to the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation, and Enforcement. That's a HUGE help.

I wonder if by keeping up his efforts to make businesses and communities whole, and make sure the people of the Gulf Coast are back on their feet, he means the off-shore drilling businesses?

A can of coke a mile under water is a big deal?

Gibbs also stated at the end there, they didn't know how big the coke can was, which is kind of a problem. Even if you nitpick over the analogy, I don't see how it's Gibbs stating it's not a big deal. It's a real big stretch to say so.

sure looks like there is continuous water from the gulf into Alligator Point

If that is all it takes then the Gulf is part of the Pacific Ocean.

what water? you ask where water comes from? :lol::lol: one molecule of hydrogen and 2 of oxygen I think.

It is a waste product you get when you burn hydrogen.

Forum List

Back