Obama declares Gulf Coast 'open for business'

Would you rather him not say it was okay, and have businesses along the Gulf loose more money?

If it is so OK why did he lie about swimming in it?

Obama swims in Gulf; declares it safe | The Money Times

August 2010: Photo of the Day | The White House

Alligator Point is not exactly the Gulf of Mexico.

alligator bay map - Google Maps

Keep drinking the Kool Aid.
sure looks like there is continuous water from the gulf into Alligator Point

You might want to find the right Alligator Point. ;)
He was in Florida, not Louisiana.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&c...q=alligator bay map&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

A boat ride and ice cream cap Obama's trip to Gulf - Yahoo! News

Would you rather him not say it was okay, and have businesses along the Gulf loose more money?
it never was the worst disaster in the first place
Obama had an "oh shit" moment and realized he was doing more harm than good

That is nice.
But many people are not like us, they don't care about politics. And when they see their President swimming in the Gulf, they might reconsider their vacation.
I don't care why he did, the number one thing in the whole situation is the people who have been loosing money this whole time.

In an interview Thursday on NBC’s “Today” show, Biden said, “I would tell members of my family — and I have — I wouldn’t go anywhere in confined places now,” Biden said on NBC’s “Today” show.. “It’s not that it’s going to Mexico. It’s [that] you’re in a confined aircraft. When one person sneezes, it goes all the way through the aircraft. That’s me. …

“So, from my perspective, what it relates to is mitigation. If you’re out in the middle of a field when someone sneezes, that’s one thing. If you’re in a closed aircraft or closed container or closed car or closed classroom, it’s a different thing.”

This administration knows how to handle a crisis.

saying "that isnt the gulf" would be the same as saying "i'm in Dallas, not Texas"

there is a huge difference in the bay and in the gulf.

Where does the water come from?

:eusa_eh:

huh?

:eusa_eh:

In other news it appears the gulf is open to drilling again:

Status update on shallow water drilling permits

As of Friday, July 16, 9:00 a.m. EDT:

For those applications required to comply only with NTL-N05, 19 applications have been approved and 17 are pending.

For those applications required to comply with NTL –N05 and NTL-N06, 9 requests are pending.

In addition, since June 8, BOEM has approved 18 other shallow water permits, and 4 others are pending, to which there were no permit-specific requirements in either NTL. However, the applicants had to comply with NTL-N05’s general (company-wide) certification requirements before these applications could be processed.

If it is so OK why did he lie about swimming in it?

Obama swims in Gulf; declares it safe | The Money Times

August 2010: Photo of the Day | The White House

Alligator Point is not exactly the Gulf of Mexico.

Keep drinking the Kool Aid.

Luissa, to be serious he stayed at Bay Point while he was here. The bays around here are surrounded by much land, and the color of the water depends on the flow. The bays have less flow because of the land around them, they are nutrient rich and spawning grounds for seafood. We go in and out of St. Andrews bay into the gulf from the pass. I'll post a picture.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

this is St Andrews pass, it is the chanel that takes you to the gulf from the bay, the rocks you see are the jetties.

Looks like St. Andrews Bay where the Obama's were actually at, is fed by the Gulf of Mexico. :eek:

I guess maybe people should figure out where he is really at, before commenting.

Luissa, to be serious he stayed at Bay Point while he was here. The bays around here are surrounded by much land, and the color of the water depends on the flow. The bays have less flow because of the land around them, they are nutrient rich and spawning grounds for seafood. We go in and out of St. Andrews bay into the gulf from the pass. I'll post a picture.

this is St Andrews pass, it is the chanel that takes you to the gulf from the bay, the rocks you see are the jetties.
My point was, he posted the wrong Alligator Bay.
And where does the water come from? Maybe the Gulf of Mexico? Does the Pacific Ocean feed Puget Sound?:eek:

Looks like St. Andrews Bay where the Obama's were actually at, is fed by the Gulf of Mexico. :eek:

I guess maybe people should figure out where he is really at, before commenting.

it's also fed by rainwater and rivers so I guess we can then say he swam in the rain and rivers. trying to talk to you is so frustrating you just fucking have to be right don't you? He swam in a protected bay, the red flags were flying and he could not swim in the gulf of mexico.. end of story. he swam in the damn bay.

Weathered oil in the form of tars balls breached St. Andrew Pass on Monday and accumulated in and around the “kiddie pool” area of St. Andrews State Park.

And while tar balls continued to land sporadically on Bay County beaches Monday, the number of reports was down from Sunday and officials said favorable winds should continue to push the bulk of the oil away from the Panama City area.

After tar balls were reported Monday morning in the popular kiddie pool — essentially part of St. Andrew Bay separated by a jetty — more than 100 BP-contracted workers combed the shoreline with rakes throughout the afternoon, carting away truckloads of plastic bags filled with tar balls and the sea grass to which the oil clung. Beachgoers joined in by picking up dime- and quarter-sized balls in the shallow water.
UPDATE: Tar balls enter St. Andrew Bay // PHOTOS, VIDEOS - News - The News Herald

And where does the water come from? Maybe the Gulf of Mexico? Does the Pacific Ocean feed Puget Sound?:eek:

stfu, I tried to answer your questions but you just want to be right. well reach around and kiss your ass. it's not like I don't fucking live here or anything.

it's also fed by rainwater and rivers so I guess we can then say he swam in the rain and rivers. trying to talk to you is so frustrating you just fucking have to be right don't you? He swam in a protected bay, the red flags were flying and he could not swim in the gulf of mexico.. end of story. he swam in the damn bay.

That was affected by the Oil Spill.

And you don't get the point I was making. People don't care where he swam. And if it helps one business then it was worth it. You are arguing over something stupid. Who the fuck cares where he swam. Like I said before " Damned if do, damned if you don't"

If he had swam in the Gulf, you would have found something wrong with that.

Actually, the Bay could have water from the Mediterranian Sea, that flowed across the Atlantic Ocean, through the Gulf of Mexico, and into the Bay.:eusa_angel:

stfu, I tried to answer your questions but you just want to be right. well reach around and kiss your ass. it's not like I don't fucking live here or anything.
Then you should know it was affected by the Oil Spill and it is fed by the Gulf of Mexico.

And you don't get the point I was making. People don't care where he swam. And if it helps one business then it was worth it. You are arguing over something stupid. Who the fuck cares where he swam. Like I said before " Damned if do, damned if you don't"

I'm not arguing jack shit. I'm telling you he swam in a bay.

The water looks very clear to me

monkey_beach_swimming_and_e.jpg

Did I say he didn't? My point was never about where he swam. ;)
But of course you had to chime in with " but, but, he swam in the bay". Who the fuck cares. It was all affected by the Oil Spill.

But of course you had to chime in with " but, but, he swam in the bay". Who the fuck cares. It was all affected by the Oil Spill.

he shudda been swimming in La. then,, if he wanted to declare "the gulf safe" end of story. DUmmie

he shudda been swimming in La. then,, if he wanted to declare "the gulf safe" end of story. DUmmie

Then you would have bitching about how he didn't come to Florida.

Forum List

Back