Obama declares Gulf Coast 'open for business'

There are a number of them. Mt. St. Helens for one. and the Tsunami that hit Indonesia a few years ago.. pretty doggone big I'd say,, not to mention the earthquake in Turkey and Mexico City,, killed thousands and thousands and then there was Katrina.

:lol: I live in Washington State. Mt St Helens was probably not bigger than this.
And the point people are trying to make, is this will effect sea life for years.

of course, just as Mt. St. Helens affected wildlife and the forests for years, but life does endure and will come back.

Actually they were surprised how fast it rebounded. ;)

of course, just as Mt. St. Helens affected wildlife and the forests for years, but life does endure and will come back.

kinda like with the gulf too

;)

I hope it does. Those people have been through enough.

And FYI, I have pissed off a few of my lib friends in regards to this subject. Just the other day I was watching the news with a friend and they were talking about some type of turtle that is in the Gulf. My friend got all pissed off when I said they were being overly dramatic about how it might wipe these turtles out. Mt Helens proved how animals react in crisis, and how they have good survival skills, and good instincts.

When our house caught on fire, everyone thought are cat was dead. Well she wasn't, she found a spot that was away from the fire, and protected her. :D

I leave this thread for one day! What did you kids do? :eek: :lol:

I was just thinking how you missed it all.

We pretty much spent the whole time trying to explain what a Bay is. :lol:

And I learned a new word, so it wasn't a total waste.

kinda like with the gulf too

;)

I hope it does. Those people have been through enough.

And FYI, I have pissed off a few of my lib friends in regards to this subject. Just the other day I was watching the news with a friend and they were talking about some type of turtle that is in the Gulf. My friend got all pissed off when I said they were being overly dramatic about how it might wipe these turtles out. Mt Helens proved how animals react in crisis, and how they have good survival skills, and good instincts.

When our house caught on fire, everyone thought are cat was dead. Well she wasn't, she found a spot that was away from the fire, and protected her. :D
yup anyone that spends any time diving a wreck will know that anything you put in the ocean, the ocean claims as its own

More than 10 pages trying to explain what a Bay is? :eusa_eh: :lol:

I leave this thread for one day! What did you kids do? :eek: :lol:

what was the new word?

Brackish, I have honestly never heard it referred as that.

And speaking of natural disasters.

There is a series they are doing in the paper here about a fire that destroyed a good part of Idaho and I believe Montana. If you seen Dante's Peak, Wallace is the town they filmed in. The fired burned something like 3 million acres.

http://www.spokesman.com/1910fire/http://www.spokesman.com/1910fire/

More than 10 pages trying to explain what a Bay is? :eusa_eh: :lol:

Willow: " The Bay is not the Gulf, and lakes come from clouds"
Divecon:
1221615420504.jpg

Samson
laughing-cat.jpg

Forum List

Back