Obama declares Gulf Coast 'open for business'

I have been going to the gulf all of my life. At first I was under the impression that Obama swam in the actual gulf at PC. But, he swam in the backwater. (that is what those of us that live and spend a lot of time there call it). They said all along that the backwaters/bays were being protected. The backwaters/bays were not affected by the spill. I have been in constant contact with certain realtors there and have known all along the backwaters were not affected.
There is no argument that the gulf waters is the source of the backwaters/bays.

Though the backwaters are a part of the gulf, since that is the source, they are still different.
If anyone tells me they went to the beach, and swam in the gulf, I don't think they went and swam in the backwater. LOL

There are a number of them. Mt. St. Helens for one. and the Tsunami that hit Indonesia a few years ago.. pretty doggone big I'd say,, not to mention the earthquake in Turkey and Mexico City,, killed thousands and thousands and then there was Katrina.

:lol: I live in Washington State. Mt St Helens was probably not bigger than this.
And the point people are trying to make, is this will effect sea life for years.

of course, just as Mt. St. Helens affected wildlife and the forests for years, but life does endure and will come back.

Did Obama go swimming in the rain at Mt St Helens?

I am confused, wasn't it less than a month ago that all the liberals were scoffing at the idea that the worst environmental disaster in the history of the universe was not that big a deal? Now The One says everything is OK and everyone falls into line.

Amazing. Does this mean Limbaugh was right?

Would you rather him not say it was okay, and have businesses along the Gulf loose more money?

I'd rather him tow the typical government line and say it's OK. Then have everybody go to the guls and swim and eat their food. They will get sick and die but we are overpopulated anyway.

I am confused, wasn't it less than a month ago that all the liberals were scoffing at the idea that the worst environmental disaster in the history of the universe was not that big a deal? Now The One says everything is OK and everyone falls into line.

Amazing. Does this mean Limbaugh was right?

Would you rather him not say it was okay, and have businesses along the Gulf loose more money?

I'd rather him tow the typical government line and say it's OK. Then have everybody go to the guls and swim and eat their food. They will get sick and die but we are overpopulated anyway.

Actually locals take care of that. If it is not safe to swim, they are going to double red flag it.

Actually locals take care of that. If it is not safe to swim, they are going to double red flag it.

I thought that was for rough surf, not oil, benzine, tar balls, sludge and the like.

I have been going to the gulf all of my life. At first I was under the impression that Obama swam in the actual gulf at PC. But, he swam in the backwater. (that is what those of us that live and spend a lot of time there call it). They said all along that the backwaters/bays were being protected. The backwaters/bays were not affected by the spill. I have been in constant contact with certain realtors there and have known all along the backwaters were not affected.

Though the backwaters are a part of the gulf, since that is the source, they are still different.
If anyone tells me they went to the beach, and swam in the gulf, I don't think they went and swam in the backwater. LOL

those bays are not only fed by the gulf but by rivers as well.

:lol: I live in Washington State. Mt St Helens was probably not bigger than this.
And the point people are trying to make, is this will effect sea life for years.

of course, just as Mt. St. Helens affected wildlife and the forests for years, but life does endure and will come back.

Did Obama go swimming in the rain at Mt St Helens?

are you smoking crack tonight or what?

So are you saying he tried to deceive us?

I thought that was for rough surf, not oil, benzine, tar balls, sludge and the like.

It is/was. But they are also using the flag system for the oil spill.

So are you saying he tried to deceive us?

Not at all.

I am sure you are right there too, as they are all over the place.

It is/was. But they are also using the flag system for the oil spill.

They need to switch to a black flag with a skull and crossbones :lol:

JOLLY_ROGER.gif

animated_flag.gif

I am sure you are right there too, as they are all over the place.

No they are fed by rain, that makes the ocean brackish.

Forum List

Back