Obama Cuts God Out of T-day Address

The RW has complained that President Obama did NOT use the word GOD in his T day speech, when he clearly did use it.

As usual, their complaints are much ado about nothing.

The RW hates this President. Hate and punishment appear to be their new religious value. They rushed to judge based on distorted twitter that carefully omitted the part of the speech where the President used the word, GOD. and the mainstream media fell for it.

More dirty tricks.

Last edited:
Maybe we wouldn't have all these problems if he DID mention God once in awhile!

You can not be serious.
We have 3 Republican candidates that claim God told them to run.
Old God sure is confused.
We had a Governor here in Georgia who mentioned God everytime his mouth was open while his hand was in the taxpayers pocket. He even had a prayer vigil praying for rain when we had the drought a few years ago.
It didn't rain for 6 more weeks. All the while he gave away 100 million in tax credits for the new Kia plant here where it turned out 1/3 of the employees live in Alabama.
Sorry honey, God does not care about what goes on down here in politics.
He cares how you and I treat our fellow man.
Politicians that mention God do it for your vote. They are con men.

I'm quite serious.
Nothing happens without God's hand being involved somehow.
God either let it happen or He put your governor in place...for some reason. God kept the rain away, for some reason. We don't always know the reasons, but whatever they are, they will be figured out some day. I even believe God put Obama where he is now...for a reason. Maybe it was bring the US to their knees and ask for forgiveness....because we all know God has to be punishing us for something!

And God took last Thursday off "for a reason".
The reason was Thanksgiving.
God was watching the football game with a tall boy Old Milwaukee and a gobbler sammich.
God is more concerned about feeding the hungry than what a President says.
God is a humble man and does not like that kind of PR publicity.
When politicians mention his name for votes he knows that is as tacky and shallow as it gets.

Whether or not Dominionists succeed in controlling the entire country is dependent on their control of the government. They gain power and influence every time Republicans propose legislation based on the bible or the President acknowledges GOD in a speech.

“As we gather in our communities and in our homes, around the table or near the hearth, we give thanks to each other and to God for the many kindnesses and comforts that grace our lives. Let us pause to recount the simple gifts that sustain us, and resolve to pay them forward in the year to come.”

President Obama, November 24, 2011

This Thanksgiving weekend I am THANKFUL for the fact that we have Barack Obama as President of the United States -and- as a viable candidate for re-election (as opposed to the sorry sorry set of “rivals” on the other side). Thank you Mr. President : your heart, your values, and your basic decency are all in the right place. But… your hands are tied. Unfortunately they were tied by us, the electorate…..by not providing you with a Congress that you can work with. Instead, you have a don’t-tax-the-1%-do-nothing Congress that battles you at every turn, while the people suffer. God, they don’t EVEN let you pass your own appointments. It’s not Tea-publican gridlock, it’s Tea-publican sabotage. Heck, it’s Tea-publican TREASON. And then they try to pin the blame on Mr. Obama. These people have no shame…or else its been purchased by those who can afford to do so. Thankfully, Occupy Wall Street is part of an emerging grass-roots evolution…a down-to-to-earth change …a change that will help us to re-elect the President AND to give him a more progressive Congress. Therefore, this Thanksgiving I am thankful and grateful that you are the President Mr. Obama! And I wish you well. You STILL give me hope.

stan chhaz
November 28, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Was Obama

We are in 2 shooting wars, the deficit is skyrocketing, gas is over 3 bucks a gallon, unemployment is very high and you empty skull jockeys are worried about someone not mentioning God.

Maybe we wouldn't have all these problems if he DID mention God once in awhile!

Explain in detail how mentioning a god will solve all those problems.

Thanks in advance.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o]George Carlin - Religion is bullshit. - YouTube[/ame]

“As we gather in our communities and in our homes, around the table or near the hearth, we give thanks to each other and to God for the many kindnesses and comforts that grace our lives. Let us pause to recount the simple gifts that sustain us, and resolve to pay them forward in the year to come.”

So...............he did talk about god and thanksgiving together?

Was it the time of the day, which podium he was standing in front of, what's the new "important" political issue fundamentalists have in this instance?

You can not be serious.
We have 3 Republican candidates that claim God told them to run.
Old God sure is confused.
We had a Governor here in Georgia who mentioned God everytime his mouth was open while his hand was in the taxpayers pocket. He even had a prayer vigil praying for rain when we had the drought a few years ago.
It didn't rain for 6 more weeks. All the while he gave away 100 million in tax credits for the new Kia plant here where it turned out 1/3 of the employees live in Alabama.
Sorry honey, God does not care about what goes on down here in politics.
He cares how you and I treat our fellow man.
Politicians that mention God do it for your vote. They are con men.

I'm quite serious.
Nothing happens without God's hand being involved somehow.
God either let it happen or He put your governor in place...for some reason. God kept the rain away, for some reason. We don't always know the reasons, but whatever they are, they will be figured out some day. I even believe God put Obama where he is now...for a reason. Maybe it was bring the US to their knees and ask for forgiveness....because we all know God has to be punishing us for something!

What a sucker! Don't feel bad...there's one born every minute.

And who may I ask was responsible for your brainwashing. God is in your mind numbnuts.

No...YOU'RE the sucker. I have nothing to feel bad about...no brainwashing here, i know the truth.

So...............he did talk about god and thanksgiving together?

Was it the time of the day, which podium he was standing in front of, what's the new "important" political issue fundamentalists have in this instance?

LOL. I get the drift, THEY don't.

Here's the link to what Sky provided.

Thanksgiving Day Proclamation Most Recent

A Fox News article and a baptist minister looking for attention started all this. I can't believe it..........................................

Btw I think Obama is a shitty president and have/would never for a democrat, but maybe worrying about grown up issues is a good idea.

Here's the link to what Sky provided.

Thanksgiving Day Proclamation Most Recent

A Fox News article and a baptist minister looking for attention started all this. I can't believe it..........................................

Btw I think Obama is a shitty president and have/would never for a democrat, but maybe worrying about grown up issues is a good idea.

Fox News started all this? Really? They are so fair and balanced.:lol:

I'm not sure whether your sarcastic 'shock' is aimed at Obama for not thanking God, or at republicans for having a meltdown over it. :dunno:

What's funny is the GOP had a meltdown over something the President did NOT even do.

He DID mention GOD in his speech. The twitter twit deliberately left that part out and Fox ran with it, and the rest of the MSM followed suit.

Just goes to show you, anything coming from the right better be vetted for at least 24 hours before they melt themselves down.

I'm not sure whether your sarcastic 'shock' is aimed at Obama for not thanking God, or at republicans for having a meltdown over it. :dunno:

What's funny is the GOP had a meltdown over something the President did NOT even do.

He DID mention GOD in his speech. The twitter twit deliberately left that part out and Fox ran with it, and the rest of the MSM followed suit.

Just goes to show you, anything coming from the right better be vetted for at least 24 hours before they melt themselves down.

TFF! :lol:

It wouldn't surprise me if the twitee did so purposely to pwn Fox News.

This Thanksgiving weekend I am THANKFUL for the fact that we have Barack Obama as President of the United States -and- as a viable candidate for re-election (as opposed to the sorry sorry set of “rivals” on the other side). Thank you Mr. President : your heart, your values, and your basic decency are all in the right place. But… your hands are tied. Unfortunately they were tied by us, the electorate…..by not providing you with a Congress that you can work with. Instead, you have a don’t-tax-the-1%-do-nothing Congress that battles you at every turn, while the people suffer. God, they don’t EVEN let you pass your own appointments. It’s not Tea-publican gridlock, it’s Tea-publican sabotage. Heck, it’s Tea-publican TREASON. And then they try to pin the blame on Mr. Obama. These people have no shame…or else its been purchased by those who can afford to do so. Thankfully, Occupy Wall Street is part of an emerging grass-roots evolution…a down-to-to-earth change …a change that will help us to re-elect the President AND to give him a more progressive Congress. Therefore, this Thanksgiving I am thankful and grateful that you are the President Mr. Obama! And I wish you well. You STILL give me hope.

stan chhaz

Was Obama

I count 5 candidates on the other side more qualified to be President than Obama.

In the final analysis it is G-d who will cut Obama out ...

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

stan chhaz

Was Obama

I count 5 candidates on the other side more qualified to be President than Obama.

Then vote for one of them. I'm not going to.

In the final analysis it is G-d who will cut Obama out ...

We'll see about that. IMO, God doesn't want a Dominionist as President.

Are you one of the guys that whacked out over the President not mentioning GOD in his speech when he clearly did?

Last edited:
Okay, I finally found a copy of the President's official Thanksgiving speech. The one other Youtube version I found was more user friendly, but I strongly objected to the inflammatory anti-Obama photos that accompanied it. But there is an audio here:

President Obama Weekly Address Video, Transcript: Thanksgiving Nov. 24, 2011 (Radio, YouTube Video) | Shallow Nation

The official Thanksgiving proclamation DID acknowledge God, but in his Thanksgiving address he did not. For the record, however, it was NOT Fox News that first began commenting on that but it was Huffington Post and a couple of other leftwing publications noting that conservatives were 'upset' by it. I haven't heard ANYBODY who was 'upset' by it. Do those of us who know our history and know what the first Thanksgiving and the subsequent official holiday was all about think it necessary to mention God? Necessary? I don't know but appropriate, absolutely. The President was inappropriate in not acknowledging why the holiday exists.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back