Obama cultivates the backing of the something for nothing generation.

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
The Cult of Adolescence

Never underestimate the human proclivity for wanting more, and wanting it for free. President Obama is building his re-election campaign around that theme. "Obama money" doesn't exist, but our 44th president will do everything in his power to convince Americans that everyone deserves the trappings of a middle-class lifestyle, only achieved if we return to a 90-percent tax bracket for the wealthiest among us.
It's a cult of adolescence. Teenagers demand the privileges of adulthood without paying for it. Parents provide a car, and teenagers wreck it; parents hand over a credit card, and teenagers spend like profligates. It's human nature. By the same token, a large share of voters in the United States feel entitled to the fruit of their neighbors' labor, and they select public officials accordingly.
The cult of adolescence is seen most abundantly among Millennials, many of whom are languishing in their 20s without a clear direction in life, either personally or financially. Not to be outdone by their Baby Boomer parents, Generation Y is supplanting the midlife crisis with a massive quarter-life crisis.

The American Spectator : The Cult of Adolescence

this is what you get when you wipe your kids asses til age 30.. :badgrin:

It is clear that you are not easily manipulated by corporate propaganda. The notion that America, doesn't work as hard as they did in the "good ole days" is absolutely absurd. Have you looked at numbers on families with both parents working over the last hundred years? Your insane to buy this garbage. The middle class families are stretched thin. And you and your truly entitled generation that don't understand the concept of employers hiring young kids to work 39.5 hrs/wk to avoid giving them health care. Your brain was put there for you to use it, not to regurgitate garbage and spew it on others . Wake up. America has 25% of the worlds GDP, far bigger than any country. Americans work more hours AND take less vacation time than anyone else in the world. For some reason I don't think the long hour average is because our CEO's, politicians, and bankers are slaving into the night. Glad to see you are so easily manipulated; don't worry baby bird they will feed you some more fear-mongering slogans so you can have an "opinion" tomorrow. You make me sick. The middle class is America, if you don't like it leave. We want a hand out? No we want what was ours, the American dream is no more. The playing field is NOT level, opportunity is for the entitled citizens in the country. The courts are for the entitled in this country. The laws are for the entitled in this country. Those "poor"-wealthy people are under attack, they are the real victims here. Pathetic.

It is clear that you are not easily manipulated by corporate propaganda. The notion that America, doesn't work as hard as they did in the "good ole days" is absolutely absurd. Have you looked at numbers on families with both parents working over the last hundred years? Your insane to buy this garbage. The middle class families are stretched thin. And you and your truly entitled generation that don't understand the concept of employers hiring young kids to work 39.5 hrs/wk to avoid giving them health care. Your brain was put there for you to use it, not to regurgitate garbage and spew it on others . Wake up. America has 25% of the worlds GDP, far bigger than any country. Americans work more hours AND take less vacation time than anyone else in the world. For some reason I don't think the long hour average is because our CEO's, politicians, and bankers are slaving into the night. Glad to see you are so easily manipulated; don't worry baby bird they will feed you some more fear-mongering slogans so you can have an "opinion" tomorrow. You make me sick. The middle class is America, if you don't like it leave. We want a hand out? No we want what was ours, the American dream is no more. The playing field is NOT level, opportunity is for the entitled citizens in the country. The courts are for the entitled in this country. The laws are for the entitled in this country. Those "poor"-wealthy people are under attack, they are the real victims here. Pathetic.

Tissue?

The Cult of Adolescence

Never underestimate the human proclivity for wanting more, and wanting it for free. President Obama is building his re-election campaign around that theme. "Obama money" doesn't exist, but our 44th president will do everything in his power to convince Americans that everyone deserves the trappings of a middle-class lifestyle, only achieved if we return to a 90-percent tax bracket for the wealthiest among us.
It's a cult of adolescence. Teenagers demand the privileges of adulthood without paying for it. Parents provide a car, and teenagers wreck it; parents hand over a credit card, and teenagers spend like profligates. It's human nature. By the same token, a large share of voters in the United States feel entitled to the fruit of their neighbors' labor, and they select public officials accordingly.
The cult of adolescence is seen most abundantly among Millennials, many of whom are languishing in their 20s without a clear direction in life, either personally or financially. Not to be outdone by their Baby Boomer parents, Generation Y is supplanting the midlife crisis with a massive quarter-life crisis.

The American Spectator : The Cult of Adolescence

this is what you get when you wipe your kids asses til age 30.. :badgrin:
He backed the OWS...and thinks he can win with thier support as the sane among us recoiled in disgust.

Tissue?

Wow. Tissue. That's what you have to debunk a logical argument to your stupidity. Well done, only further justification for those of us in this country that are capable of reason.

Tissue?

Wow. Tissue. That's what you have to debunk a logical argument to your stupidity. Well done, only further justification for those of us in this country that are capable of reason.
Neither is Class Warfare...:eusa_whistle:

Tissue?

Don't mind Willow. She's unemployed and lives off of government checks and government healthcare, yet she's sick of all those "lazy moochers". She's a dinosaur that can't keep up with the times. Her kind will be extinct soon thankfully.

Don't mind Willow. She's unemployed and lives off of government checks and government healthcare, yet she's sick of all those "lazy moochers". She's a dinosaur that can't keep up with the times. Her kind will be extinct soon thankfully.

well, like most teabaggers, they think the government money should only go to them and not to those that look different than them........

well, like most teabaggers, they think the government money should only go to them and not to those that look different than them........

It's very funny that you accept RDD's lies without the slightest consideration of the facts.

Stupid following stupid. Always entertaining. :lol:

It's very funny that you accept RDD's lies without the slightest consideration of the facts.

Stupid following stupid. Always entertaining. :lol:

Please adhere to the California Girl madlibs posting rules. Thank you.

Obviously I struck gold since the two resident moochers were offended by what I said. CG and Willow provide nothing to society yet think they are better than everyone else. Funny how that works.

As the poster of this insightful topic can't articulate him/herself beyond the word tissue to defend the argument. That should indicate where this conversation will lead. Sad how emphatic the misinformed flaunt "their" opinions.

I think you'd actually be shocked at the hours that an average CEO puts in. I know that you progressives all have this view of CEO's as being some guy who flys around the country in a plush airplane, hobnobbing with sports stars and celebrities and attending high dollar benefits (Gee, now that I think of it...that sounds remarkably like Barack Obama!) but the reality is that being a CEO is a demanding and high pressure job that in this day and age is more 24/7 than it is forty hours a week.

I think you'd actually be shocked at the hours that an average CEO puts in. I know that you progressives all have this view of CEO's as being some guy who flys around the country in a plush airplane, hobnobbing with sports stars and celebrities and attending high dollar benefits (Gee, now that I think of it...that sounds remarkably like Barack Obama!) but the reality is that being a CEO is a demanding and high pressure job that in this day and age is more 24/7 than it is forty hours a week.

Yes, I am sure no factory worker would ever trade jobs with a CEO, in fear that the job would be too taxing and the compensation disproportional to the workload. Meh, weak. I don't argue differing abilities. Competition makes people better. But, to actually argue that someone works millions of times harder than someone else is illogical. And all together I think you may have missed the point. Power/wealth is not distributed based on performance and merit (free market, competition) but rather corruption and manipulation of the system to consolidate and maintain power/wealth. No one hates the rich, they hate being told there is opportunity and a dream when it is all an illusion.

Forum List

Back